Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: D-Fend with ya head

Default D-Fend with ya head

That's how it's done in Europe If all the Pacers could learn to defend with there heads - not just with their legs... The defence will improve. This trick (look) that You can see in pic is one of the basics in Europe.

JS
    Wait a minute, whoa! Whoa! You don’t actually believe this crap! Do you? Dummy! Brain washed alien souls? E-meter and thetan levels? Those people out there buy that crap. But I thought you were smart enough to see what’s really going on!
    What's better than telling people a stupid story and having them believe you? Having them pay you for it, stupid!

Default Re: D-Fend with ya head

Does it help to stick the tongue out to the side?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Sour
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's how it's done in Europe If all the Pacers could learn to defend with there heads - not just with their legs... The defence will improve. This trick (look) that You can see in pic is one of the basics in Europe.

JS
    I have no idea what you are taking about after looking at the picture.

I ment that Saras is helping SJAx to guard #4 and at the same time is "guarding" his own man.

JS
    Wait a minute, whoa! Whoa! You don’t actually believe this crap! Do you? Dummy! Brain washed alien souls? E-meter and thetan levels? Those people out there buy that crap. But I thought you were smart enough to see what’s really going on!
    What's better than telling people a stupid story and having them believe you? Having them pay you for it, stupid!

Your picture doesn't show Sara's guarding two people. For all we know Sara's man could right next to him out of the picture or under the basket ready to receive a pass.

The only thing I see is how goofy Runi looks...but I dont get the guarding part.

I think this is the play where Jamison bounced the ball off of Sara's head because he thought Sara's was licking his lips while looking at Jamison's girl friend. In actuality Sara's mom was visiting him and he was thinking of her cooking him a meal after the game.

(giggle, giggle, snort)

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This skill is only developed after years of intense practice on the Euro football field.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

LOL

SJax ain't lookin' at the ball.
    Maybe he has spotted Saras' Mom and also flew away to a dinning room

JS

PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

It looks like Saras is looking into a mirror and thinking "Damn I look gooooood!"
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt
    If only every NBA player defended as well as the average European player.

You just made my entire day.

Man, this gets weirder and weirder.

So the standard way to defend in Europe is to be looking the wrong way when your guy has the ball? That would explain a lot...
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Kestas

Wink Re: D-Fend with ya head

I'd say that Saras is trying to see where the ball may be going from No 4.

but, seriously speaking, IMO Will Galen got the closest to reality interpretation of this truly groundbraking basketball moment.

k

18to88

Worst thread ever?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt
    If only every NBA player defended as well as the average European player.
    That's exactly why I tuned out this thread after reading the title and the first five words of the post.

I've always been of the opinion that there is nothing, absolutely nothing, that an NBA player could learn about defense from European methodologies.

Kestas

Quote Originally Posted by beast23
    That's exactly why I tuned out this thread after reading the title and the first five words of the post.

I've always been of the opinion that there is nothing, absolutely nothing, that an NBA player could learn about defense from European methodologies.
    there are things to learn (NBA would have to get rid of the personal defense restrictions first, though), but this pic is not one of them
    not that I would complain about that - I'm happy with the situation, as this decreases USA's chances in international competitions.

if you have doubts, watch Athens Olympics, where NBA-only team was beaten three times by the teams with much lesser tallent. and if you like it, get some pre-tournament friendlies as well (against Italy, for example). btw, look not only at the opponents defense, but also at the way your players that "have nothing else to learn" are defending.

have a pleasant watching!

k

Quote Originally Posted by Kestas
    but, seriously speaking, IMO Will Galen got the closest to reality interpretation of this truly groundbraking basketball moment.
    Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    I think this is the play where Jamison bounced the ball off of Sara's head because he thought Sara's was licking his lips while looking at Jamison's girl friend. In actuality Sara's mom was visiting him and he was thinking of her cooking him a meal after the game.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

When I played junior high ball, I would stick my tongue out. Then one day I got popped in the jaw and damn near bit the front half of it off. Needless to say, I got out of that stupid looking and dangerous habit.

When saras blows into his fist 1,000 times a game, is his tongue in or out?
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

lol I thought I was the only one that noticed him blowing into his fist, He has me doing it everytime I play ball now and I have no idea why.

Kestas

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    Really?
    absolutely!

I thought I stuck an appropriate smiley in the subject of the post

k

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    lol I thought I was the only one that noticed him blowing into his fist, He has me doing it everytime I play ball now and I have no idea why.
    wanna be more like him?
    -------------------
    Get rich, or die tryin`

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles
    When saras blows into his fist 1,000 times a game, is his tongue in or out?
    I think you've understated the number...........
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    Does it help to stick the tongue out to the side?
    I think thats a great defensive move!

Quote Originally Posted by ssmall
    I think thats a great defensive move!
    It is, it is, he's pointing with his tongue where the ball is going, that's another way he directs his teammates.

He plays defense like this all the time. I just hope they have a doctor on hand for when the ball goes between his legs and he swallows his tongue.