Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 47

Thread: Oh crap!!!!!!

  1. #1
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,641

    Default Oh crap!!!!!!

    The Pacers fined center David Harrison an undisclosed amount for an incident following their victory Thursday over Washington.
    Harrison broke a picture -- his picture, actually -- in the hallway that leads to the locker room.

    Harrison, who met with CEO Donnie Walsh after practice Friday, also has to replace the picture. Harrison declined to discuss the incident Friday.
    Harrison has struggled getting consistent minutes this season because of foul trouble. He's now stuck fighting for playing time behind Jermaine O'Neal, Jeff Foster and Scot Pollard.
    Harrison, who had a promising offseason, has yet to play more than 15 minutes in a game this season. He's averaging 2.9 points and 2.7 rebounds in 9.9 minutes a game this season.
    "I think he's frustrated because he's not playing good," Walsh said. "He's not getting a lot of time and he's mad at himself. He's a young guy that wants to play. He's got a great future and he's going to be a heck of a player."
    -- Mike Wells


    http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...TS04/512100462


    Nothing good can come from this. I understand David's frustrations but man did he pick a poor time to do that.

    I wonder if Ron was giving him pointers on how best to brake a picture?

    I kid because this almost makes me cry. I have a feeling that the Hulk will see even more bench time now.

  2. #2
    Call me Kauffie Kaufman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New Haven, Connecticut
    Posts
    3,453

    Default Re: Oh crap!!!!!!

    I hear footsteps... big footsteps. Steps that belong to Soup
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

  3. #3
    #PacerNation 317Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    317
    Age
    23
    Posts
    13,440

    Default Re: Oh crap!!!!!!

    HULK SMASHed the wrong thing!!

    and yes, I hear his footsteps too

  4. #4

    Default Re: Oh crap!!!!!!

    There is a big difference between what Ron did and what David did. Ron broke his picture because he either played poorly or they lost the game. David apparently broke this one because he's not getting to play. Frustration.

    Both have no good excuse but I can understand Ron some.

    Maybe they will send David to Rons counselor and get him straightened out.

  5. #5
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,049

    Default Re: Oh crap!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by hoopsforlife
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is a big difference between what Ron did and what David did.
    No there's not, they both broke pictures of themselves out of frustration over the game of basketball.

    The difference is one was fustrated by what happened while playing and the other because he didn't play.

  6. #6
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,270
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Oh crap!!!!!!

    JAy can answer this better but I thought RA broke his after finding out he was being traded to the Pacers.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  7. #7
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,779

    Default Re: Oh crap!!!!!!

    Peck, I told you Harrison looked a litle upset Thursday night. This does not surprise me

  8. #8

    Default Re: Oh crap!!!!!!

    Its going to do one of two things: Hulk will be much better next time he comes in or he becomes part of a package deal
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

  9. #9
    Administrator Roaming Gnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,936

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Oh crap!!!!!!

    Looks like this whole team is comming apart at the seams. Maybe Mike Brown was the gum and popsicle sticks holding this whole mess together the last couple years. I just don't see Reggie being that much of a leader to hold this leaky ship together.

    Which brings me to Chuck Person... Was his role to be like Mike B. and hold everyone together? Like being Jax babysitter, J.O.'s shoulder to cry on, and so on. If it is, Chuck needs some help!
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

  10. #10
    Member SycamoreKen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,468

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Oh crap!!!!!!

    this is the reason he needs to go to the D-League. He can take that frustration out on the court while getting meaningful minutes. If he really wants to play and get better, then what better opportunity than that? Let him go and prove he deserves to play.

  11. #11
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,049

    Default Re: Oh crap!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Gnome
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe Mike Brown was the gum and popsicle sticks holding this whole mess together the last couple years.
    And maybe not, if you include the brawl. (Just an observation)

    When you have Jackson, Tinsley, Harrison, O'Neal, and Artest all on the same team, I think you are asking for trouble.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,656

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Oh crap!!!!!!

    I don't know if Harrison breaking a picture worries me one way or another. As far as being upset about not getting more minutes, I can see that, too.

    The kid's been given mixed signals. During training camp and preseason games, all he hears and reads is how much of a role he is expected to play this season. And for me, that basically means what Peck has already stated.... the time it takes for him to acquire 6 full fouls, whether that is a single quarter or 30 minutes a game.

    It would be a different story if, apart from Harrison's fouling, he wasn't doing anything right while on the floor. But the fact of the matter is, he is doing a lot of things right. Rebounding, playing physically in the paint and providing much needed scoring from the center position.

    I think if you give him the minutes, he will ultimately learn ways to keep from fouling.

    I guess I'd be frustrated, too, if I were him. But its also not a good thing to have a player outwardly demonstrate that frustration in negative ways. The important thing at this point is whether the negative behavior continues.

  13. #13
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,270
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Oh crap!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by beast23
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know if Harrison breaking a picture worries me one way or another. As far as being upset about not getting more minutes, I can see that, too.

    The kid's been given mixed signals. During training camp and preseason games, all he hears and reads is how much of a role he is expected to play this season. And for me, that basically means what Peck has already stated.... the time it takes for him to acquire 6 full fouls, whether that is a single quarter or 30 minutes a game.

    It would be a different story if, apart from Harrison's fouling, he wasn't doing anything right while on the floor. But the fact of the matter is, he is doing a lot of things right. Rebounding, playing physically in the paint and providing much needed scoring from the center position.

    I think if you give him the minutes, he will ultimately learn ways to keep from fouling.

    I guess I'd be frustrated, too, if I were him. But its also not a good thing to have a player outwardly demonstrate that frustration in negative ways. The important thing at this point is whether the negative behavior continues.
    Much of what you say is true and all would be if it weren't for the fact that they are trying to get the starters back on track at the same time. Until that happens DH will have to wait.

    Now if somebody wants to argue about him not getting on the floor at all during blow-out wins or losses, I certainly can agree that that is puzzeling...heck even John Edwards got PT then.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  14. #14
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,826

    Default Re: Oh crap!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by beast23
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know if Harrison breaking a picture worries me one way or another. As far as being upset about not getting more minutes, I can see that, too.

    The kid's been given mixed signals. During training camp and preseason games, all he hears and reads is how much of a role he is expected to play this season. And for me, that basically means what Peck has already stated.... the time it takes for him to acquire 6 full fouls, whether that is a single quarter or 30 minutes a game.

    It would be a different story if, apart from Harrison's fouling, he wasn't doing anything right while on the floor. But the fact of the matter is, he is doing a lot of things right. Rebounding, playing physically in the paint and providing much needed scoring from the center position.

    I think if you give him the minutes, he will ultimately learn ways to keep from fouling.

    I guess I'd be frustrated, too, if I were him. But its also not a good thing to have a player outwardly demonstrate that frustration in negative ways. The important thing at this point is whether the negative behavior continues.
    1. I agree. there's no reason he shouldn't see 15-20 minutes a night, particularly with Jeff hobbling around the way he is.

    2. I don't know if I can believe anything in the article, because I seriously doubt Donnie said, "I think he's frustrated because he's not playing good."

    3. I'd take out my own picture, too, if it was talking **** to me like that.....
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  15. #15
    Tim
    Guest

    Default Re: Oh crap!!!!!!

    Play him or trade him. This incident tells me he wants to play and has seen opportunities during blow outs that he sould have gotten time and he didn't.

    During a blow out or when have a good lead so what if he picks up a foul.
    If he is screwing up repeatedly and changing the momentum of the game that is different, but if he puts himself in foul trouble so what.

    If Rick can't even begin to trust David then trade him and keep Scot Pollard

  16. #16
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Oh crap!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by PaCeRs_GuRL
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    HULK SMASHed the wrong thing!!!

  17. #17
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,779

    Default Re: Oh crap!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by beast23
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The kid's been given mixed signals. During training camp and preseason games, all he hears and reads is how much of a role he is expected to play this season. And for me, that basically means what Peck has already stated.... the time it takes for him to acquire 6 full fouls, whether that is a single quarter or 30 minutes a game.

    It would be a different story if, apart from Harrison's fouling, he wasn't doing anything right while on the floor. But the fact of the matter is, he is doing a lot of things right. Rebounding, playing physically in the paint and providing much needed scoring from the center position.
    Two comments I want to make

    1) He was injured almost all of the preseason, so I don't know what signals he could have gotten. He played very well in the summer league, but I would guess he was just able to bully his way into doing what ever he wanted because the competition is so weak.

    2) Beast, I respectfully disagree about your second point. I think DH has looked terrible. His one-on-one post defense has me scratching my head. I theorized that either his eyes need checking or he simply was not trying against Dampier the other night. DH didn't even move when Damp went right around him. And DH's team defense proves to me one of three things, either he does not pay attention to what the team concepts, maybe he is not smart enough to understand them, or maybe he doesn't care anymore.

    From what I saw from DH on the bench, off the bench, and walking to and from the locker room Thursday night DH doesn't care anymore. During warmups for the third quarter he did not take one shot, AJ walked over to him and seemigly had a little heart to heart chat with him. But it seemed to me he didn't care anymore.

    The Pacers aren't a minor league team, where the coach plays the young hot prospect no matter what, the Pacers must win games and right now DH is not capable or willing to help in that regard. If I were the coach, I would tell him he needs to change his attitude first and then his practice habbits and then we might be able to play you.

  18. #18
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Oh crap!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    JAy can answer this better but I thought RA broke his after finding out he was being traded to the Pacers.
    No, I remember Ron, Brad, and RonM (Maybe Ollie was there too I don't remember) taking down their pictures the day after the trade was known. I saw it on film, actually; they had a news team there.

  19. #19
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,270
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Oh crap!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, I remember Ron, Brad, and RonM (Maybe Ollie was there too I don't remember) taking down their pictures the day after the trade was known. I saw it on film, actually; they had a news team there.

    Okie Doke...my bad.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  20. #20
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Oh crap!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From what I saw from DH on the bench, off the bench, and walking to and from the locker room Thursday night DH doesn't care anymore. During warmups for the third quarter he did not take one shot, AJ walked over to him and seemigly had a little heart to heart chat with him. But it seemed to me he didn't care anymore.

    The Pacers aren't a minor league team, where the coach plays the young hot prospect no matter what, the Pacers must win games and right now DH is not capable or willing to help in that regard. If I were the coach, I would tell him he needs to change his attitude first and then his practice habbits and then we might be able to play you.
    If he didn't care, he wouldn't be breaking pictures.

    It's not about winning games. If it was, he could go in when we're in the middle of a 20-point blowout. We've had several of those where he got DNP-CDs.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  21. #21
    Boom Baby'er ABADays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Coliseum
    Posts
    6,248

    Default Re: Oh crap!!!!!!

    This stuff is getting so old.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

  22. #22
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,085

    Default Re: Oh crap!!!!!!

    Uncle Buck, I don't totally agree with you, but probably do more than some others.

    While I like Harrison at times, at other times he doesn't do much for me. I think the problem with fouls may be indicative of a larger problem of not having high bball IQ and savvy around the court. This may overlap with your sense that he doens't quite get the defensive schemes.

    If so, I also can certainly see why Rick benches him.

    The other night, against Dallas, I think, he tried to block a shot from a driving guard and just leaned so hard into him there was no way he would avoid being called for a foul. You'd think after all the razzing he's gotten, he would be a little smarter and little more careful. This is disconcerting.

  23. #23
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,684

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Oh crap!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, I remember Ron, Brad, and RonM (Maybe Ollie was there too I don't remember) taking down their pictures the day after the trade was known. I saw it on film, actually; they had a news team there.
    I guess we haven't given it too much thought.....and always focused on Granger as a young player that we don't want to give up.....but it is entirely possible that other GMs took notice of the raw potential of the Hulk as well.

    I don't know what to think....but I would find it strange that Walsh would comment about this incident with such specifics as to why the Hulk would do such a thing UNLESS it is one of those "smokescreens" that he is famous for.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  24. #24
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,684

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Oh crap!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Uncle Buck, I don't totally agree with you, but probably do more than some others.

    While I like Harrison at times, at other times he doesn't do much for me. I think the problem with fouls may be indicative of a larger problem of not having high bball IQ and savvy around the court. This may overlap with your sense that he doens't quite get the defensive schemes.

    If so, I also can certainly see why Rick benches him.

    The other night, against Dallas, I think, he tried to block a shot from a driving guard and just leaned so hard into him there was no way he would avoid being called for a foul. You'd think after all the razzing he's gotten, he would be a little smarter and little more careful. This is disconcerting.
    Does someone know what the learning curve for a Rookie/Sophmore Center is in the NBA?

    I'm not talking about the Yao Ming's type that come into the league ready to go....I'm talking about any other Center that is drafted. Doesn't it take a season or two to truly stop making stupid mistakes? There are players that have been playing for years....like Jerome James....that still have no clue on how not to foul.

    I would think that someone like Walsh/Bird would be patient with a player like the Hulk.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  25. #25
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Oh crap!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by PaCeRs_GuRL
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    HULK SMASHed the wrong thing!!


    BAHAHAHAAHA!!!!



    What she said ^
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •