15 31.91%
  • Crazy Artest

8 17.02%
  • ShortFuse Harrison

1 2.13%

Thread: biggest chemistry problem creator

cracktower

Default biggest chemistry problem creator

Many people( starting from Reggie to people in the forum) are saying we have chemistry issues and too many volatile players.

Sadly, it seems to be true.

O'neal= Moody, Whiny and big show off with a mouth on the court

Jackson= even more moody and has a short fuse

Artest = love the guy, plays hard, does not complaine or trashtalk, but seems to be and creats a lot of off the court distraction.

Tinsley = Sulks , pouts and likes to engage in one to one game vs opposing teams point guard.

Harrison= used to be crazy in college and still seems to have the short fuse.

I am not saying we should trade anyone, but who do you think is the biggest problem.

Default Re: biggest chemistry problem creator

If there was ever a thread designed to start a war, this is it.

That being said, I like all of our players as individuals. There's nobody you can point to and say "He's the problem." But everything's not fitting together right now, and I'm not convinced that it will.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Naptown Seth

I have no idea. On the court, I'd go with Jackson. He's the #3 guy trying to be a #2 guy and he seems to be the most violatile.
    Off the court, behind the scenes, I have no idea. I doubt it's J.O. though.

cracktower

Anthem, I have no intention of starting a war. I just want to know what my fellow fans think.

I'm most concerned about Tinsley.
    :thepacers
    No Linking to your own site if it sells something.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCal_Pacerfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm most concerned about Tinsley.
    Me too. What did Reggie say on the Cleveland/Pacer telecast. When Tinsley plays great so do the Pacers.

http://s63.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0...N0RRLA648N29MC

So my reasoning is, when Tins is in a funk, being the point guard he has to hurt this team more than anyone else.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    Me too. What did Reggie say on the Cleveland/Pacer telecast. When Tinsley plays great so do the Pacers.

So my reasoning is, when Tins is in a funk, being the point guard he has to hurt this team more than anyone else.
    Tinsley gets too much credit for the teams ills. We took a couple of L's against teams we should beat without Tinsley playing.

Mood

That poll sounds like a 7 Dwarves roll call.

Shortsighted Carisle
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    That poll sounds like a 7 Dwarves roll call.
    There is an AJ joke in there somewhere

Why Not Us ?

A private poll?? BOOOO!!!!
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    A private poll?? BOOOO!!!!
    I know :

I voted for Wacko Jacko..

Why Not Us ?

If the question is being asked is- Who is responsible for the chemistry problems on this team, then you left off two entities that should be included in the possibilities:

Rick Carlisle (Inability to pull the team together and get them in line or play to their strengths)

Pacer management (for putting this collection together and sticking with it)

There's also the possibility there isn't just one bad apple, altho if that is the case then "Pacer Management" probably is the answer to choose.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Eddie Gill.

You can see it in his eyes. Eddie is pure, concentrated evil sent from the netherworld.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Sports Logo

I voted for Tinsley.

No Tinsley = Musical Chairs at the starting PG position = different way the offense is run from night to night.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Harmonica

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen

Yep.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have to go with Wacko Jacko. JO and Ronnie seem to have a great relationship. Ron is unhappy with his touches (which I think is crazy considering he averages over 19ppg) and SJax is the one who takes some of those away. I think that that it comes down to either SJax or Ronnie leaving and I have to say Jackson should be gone.

RON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>JACKSON

Quote Originally Posted by Pacers#1Fan
    I have to go with Wacko Jacko. JO and Ronnie seem to have a great relationship. Ron is unhappy with his touches (which I think is crazy considering he averages over 19ppg) and SJax is the one who takes some of those away. I think that that it comes down to either SJax or Ronnie leaving and I have to say Jackson should be gone.

RON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>JACKSON
    In a game of one on one I pick Artest...
    But in the psych ward I think I still would have to pick Artest. Not sure you want the player that wins that one on your team.

I was, and am still hoping, life lessons and possibly medications could and would help Artest. The jury is apparently still out.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

cracktower

Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    If the question is being asked is- Who is responsible for the chemistry problems on this team, then you left off two entities that should be included in the possibilities:

Rick Carlisle (Inability to pull the team together and get them in line or play to their strengths)

Pacer management (for putting this collection together and sticking with it)

There's also the possibility there isn't just one bad apple, altho if that is the case then "Pacer Management" probably is the answer to choose.

-Bball
    Bball, you are right. Carlisle and Larry should have been included in the poll too.

cracktower

just wondering, who do you think is the biggest problem now( after artest trade demand)

Sports Logo

Depends on who we get back.....but there's a part of me that wants to ship out Artest, Tinsley, SJax...all at once....solve lingering problems over the last 3 years in 1 fell swoop.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

I voted Tinsley. This may have already been said, but from what I've seen this season I conclude about our PG's : when Tinsley plays well, the team gells alright, but not great. We get a few easy baskets, but not as many as when Saras is on the court.

When he plays bad, there's certainly not gonna come much ball movement from him. Saras has the ability to always keep the teammates involved, regardless of how his shot goes or how bad he is matched up against his defender. In spite of Tinsley's superior ball handling, that's just how it is.

But certainly the problem lies not with one man only.
    Word on the street is he doesn't want your money, he only wants to please your ears...
    Bum in Berlin on Myspace