Thread: If Al wanted out, would you do this trade?

Default If Al wanted out, would you do this trade?

Would they?

Indiana trades: PF Austin Croshere (5.0 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 0.4 apg in 12.4 minutes)
    PF Al Harrington (12.9 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 1.9 apg in 30.9 minutes)
    C Scot Pollard (1.6 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 0.2 apg in 11.2 minutes)
    PG Fred Jones (3.4 ppg, 1.3 rpg, 1.8 apg in 16.4 minutes)
    Indiana receives: C Dale Davis (6.4 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 1.6 apg in 29.1 minutes)
    SG Derek Anderson (8.8 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 3.0 apg in 22.9 minutes)
    PG Jeff McInnis (12.0 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 5.0 apg in 32.7 minutes)
    Change in team outlook: +4.3 ppg, -2.3 rpg, and +5.3 apg.

Portland trades: C Dale Davis (6.4 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 1.6 apg in 29.1 minutes)
    SG Derek Anderson (8.8 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 3.0 apg in 22.9 minutes)
    PG Jeff McInnis (12.0 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 5.0 apg in 32.7 minutes)
    Portland receives: PF Austin Croshere (5.0 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 0.4 apg in 40 games)
    PF Al Harrington (12.9 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 1.9 apg in 42 games)
    C Scot Pollard (1.6 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 0.2 apg in 32 games)
    PG Fred Jones (3.4 ppg, 1.3 rpg, 1.8 apg in 43 games)
    Change in team outlook: -4.3 ppg, +2.3 rpg, and -5.3 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Indiana and Portland being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Indiana and Portland had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Default Re: If Al wanted out, would you do this trade?

No, because I want no part of Portland on our team.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Hicks what are you... one of them wanna be GM's now?

I don't think I do this trade now... not the way we are playing

It would happen in the offseason.

No, because I want no part of Portland on our team.
    Yeah...but Portland Needs some stand up guys like Croshere and Jones

It would happen in the offseason
    Lets see how the season finishes....but right now we cannot break this team up unless they offer us something amazing

so if we fail to make it outta the first round again....then we need to do a trade

If we're going to move Harrington, then why not straight up for Redd?

The real issue for me is the logjam of players we have. I get really nervous with a team built in such a way that defined roles are impossible for players 8-12.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

i'm all for redd, but would milwaukee trade him? even for al? bucks fans i've talked with don't think so.

as for that portland deal, it would be great to get dale back, but frankly it sucks from our side. none of the players we're getting back is close to al in value. as far as bad contracts go, anderson's contract is just as bad as cro's. we're dealing al and freddie for players who would at most be complimentary.

actually, the only kind of trade that makes sense for the pacers now is that they should package several good players to get a great player, assuming one is available. we're deep, maybe a little too deep, that minutes are bound to become a problem. a quantity for quality swap is in order, something like a jalen rose deal in reverse.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

As much as I would love to see DD back...pass. Now if it were Al for ..oh I dunno say Zach Randolph...I'd do that ina heartbeat.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

As much as I would love to see DD back...pass. Now if it were Al for ..oh I dunno say Zach Randolph...I'd do that ina heartbeat.
    Why? Zach plays the same position as JO. Plus he doesn't play the defense Al does. Plus he's been known to puff the weed.

Wouldn't work anyway, Al make over $4 million more than Zach.

If I was going to trade Al I would want back someone that would be an upgrade at another position, like Ray Allen. (Doesn't work either)

Or as I have said elsewhere on these fine boards, http://www.pacersdigest.com/phpBB2/v...0916f4c412c908 I would trade him for Crawford and Curry. (This trade does work) Wouldn't want to, but would have to take that deal even if it wrecked our changes at a title this year. (I think next year is when we really start having a good chance for a title.)

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If I'm trading Al, I want a premium post player in return. The deal was with Portland...Randloph is their best post player... so that's who they'd have to give up to get him. That's what I was thinking Will.

So I'll ask this...straight up and IGNORING the cap problems...who would you take in trade for Al Harrington? And no Shaq and Duncan aren't options.

I certainly don't want Sheed either...too many personal problems there to mesh with Ron.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Derek Anderson is way too injury prone

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Derek Anderson is way too injury prone
    Thanks for saying that for me. Anderson is a solid player but he's nothing special. The Pacers should just keep Al and wait for the offseason. Who knows? The Pacers might have a ring at that point.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!