Thread: The Resounding Disappointment that is the Indiana Pacers

Default The Resounding Disappointment that is the Indiana Pacers

Last season, through all the turmoil, Pacer fans were loyal. They never gave up hope, never quit watching simply because the stars were gone. When rookies and NBA journeymen were starting, they showed loyalty. Why?

Because they had hope for what this team could do, when it was back together. Now this season, when they have all the talent, all the experience needed, they don't try.

In the 04-05 season, the Pacers almost never had the advantage talent wise, but they gave the fans something every night, Effort. Now this season, they would rather fight amongst themselves, and be immature. They would rather try to win on talent alone, never pouring their souls into the game like they did last year.

And FRANKLY the fans don't deserve it, not after what they put up with. The indiana Pacers owe their fans to at least go out and try. Pacer fans suffered, on November 19th, 2004 before the brawl, they saw their chance at a championship. And then it got ripped away. But they did not abandon the team. They raised attendance from the previous season in which the team won a league best 61 games. They suffered trough the losses, and kept hoping.

That hope transferred over to the 05-06 season, but was quickly dashed. When the fans saw the true colors of their team. Immature classless bums, who don't care about their fans. They owed the fans to make up for the previous mistakes made, they refused. They preceded to fight amongst themselves, to give lackluster effort on defense. And each and everyone of the main scorers have preceded to ball-hog and take shots out of the offensive plan.

I was an Indiana Pacers fan, but now I am a fan without a team. Because those 15 players wearing Jerseys with the word Pacers on it, they aren't a team.

Anthony Johnson, Reggie Miller, Stephen Jackson, Dale Davis, and Jeff Foster, Now that was a team. They were so willing to just go out and give everything they had. Jamaal Tinsley, Stephen Jackson, Ron Artest, Austin Croshere, and Jermaine O'neal, nah thats just 5 guys that just, don't seem to care.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The Resounding Disappointment that is the Indiana Pacers

OK, man, step back from the edge. It may be bad, but it isn't the end of the world, ya know? See, there in the back? It's Larry Bird with a big stick.

Now, either he's going to go beat some behinds or else that stick is really a wad of cash he's going to use to buy his own expansion franchise ...

Hey...

Where'd you go?

Oh.

Oops...
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Last season, through all the turmoil, Pacer fans were loyal. They never gave up hope, never quit watching simply because the stars were gone. When rookies and NBA journeymen were starting, they showed loyalty. Why?

Because they had hope for what this team could do, when it was back together. Now this season, when they have all the talent, all the experience needed, they don't try.

In the 04-05 season, the Pacers almost never had the advantage talent wise, but they gave the fans something every night, Effort. Now this season, they would rather fight amongst themselves, and be immature. They would rather try to win on talent alone, never pouring their souls into the game like they did last year.

And FRANKLY the fans don't deserve it, not after what they put up with. The indiana Pacers owe their fans to at least go out and try. Pacer fans suffered, on November 19th, 2004 before the brawl, they saw their chance at a championship. And then it got ripped away. But they did not abandon the team. They raised attendance from the previous season in which the team won a league best 61 games. They suffered trough the losses, and kept hoping.

That hope transferred over to the 05-06 season, but was quickly dashed. When the fans saw the true colors of their team. Immature classless bums, who don't care about their fans. They owed the fans to make up for the previous mistakes made, they refused. They preceded to fight amongst themselves, to give lackluster effort on defense. And each and everyone of the main scorers have preceded to ball-hog and take shots out of the offensive plan.

I was an Indiana Pacers fan, but now I am a fan without a team. Because those 15 players wearing Jerseys with the word Pacers on it, they aren't a team.

Anthony Johnson, Reggie Miller, Stephen Jackson, Dale Davis, and Jeff Foster, Now that was a team. They were so willing to just go out and give everything they had. Jamaal Tinsley, Stephen Jackson, Ron Artest, Austin Croshere, and Jermaine O'neal, nah thats just 5 guys that just, don't seem to care.
    I wouldn't say that they don't care about the fans.....or at least go so far....but I do see your point. I mentioned this before in some other post....but last season....they had something to fight for....they had the whole "Us against the World" mentality.....the sheer will from the 2004-2005 lineup got us that far. This season....I look at it as the "Everyone says that we are so good.....we can turn it on whenever we want" mentality......when it is becoming clear that there is a good chance that we may not be able to do that.

The blame game....which we are all so good at.....should be directed at all of the Big 4....not just JONeal....not just SJax...not just Artest....and most of all...not Tinsley. Its easy to blame players like AJ or Freddie.....but they are the backup players....the Big 4....as the best players on the team...have contributed in some way ( and the mos ) to our the way this season has played out.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness

I don't really buy that. Yes tickets sold were actually up about 500 per game, but everyone knows most tickets are sold before season starts, and they are based upon the prior season, as much as or more than the curent one. From what I understand TV ratings did drop last season when the "stars" weren't there. I do know for sure that sponsorships were down last season. I think the die-hard fan stayed tuned in to the team. But not the casual fan.

My extended family are all casual fans, and most if not all of them told me last season after the brawl that is no reason for them to watch anymore. That the team was just not the same.

You guys need to go over to that sunshine thread and get your heads right.
    Don't thank me, I'll kill ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    I don't really buy that. Yes tickets sold were actually up about 500 per game, but everyone knows most tickets are sold before season starts, and they are based upon the prior season, as much as or more than the curent one. From what I understand TV ratings did drop last season when the "stars" weren't there. I do know for sure that sponsorships were down last season. I think the die-hard fan stayed tuned in to the team. But not the casual fan.

My extended family are all casual fans, and most if not all of them told me last season after the brawl that is no reason for them to watch anyone. That the team was just not the same.
    Is it possible that sponsorship went down because some of the sponsors did not want to support a team that supported Ron Artest? Remember not everyone was as forgiving as you nor was everyone in Indiana as supportive about Ron either.