Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calmly awaiting Peck, Unca Buck, somebody in attendence??

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Calmly awaiting Peck, Unca Buck, somebody in attendence??

'mon guys, I'm waiting on your post.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Default Re: Calmly awaiting Peck, Unca Buck, somebody in attendence??

Nothing like a postgame wrap up from you guys

I too am impatient.

Buck is usually a quick hitter, Peck is good for those late night Pacer cravings.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

I'm waiting on Roaming Gnome. I know he was there.....

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm waiting on Roaming Gnome. I know he was there.....

Did ya loan him a camera too?
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

I was not in attendance tonight. Watched on TV though.

The first game back after a long road trip is always bad, especially when there is only one day between games.

J.O. gave everything he had tonight, you could tell he was sick.

Dallas did a nice job trapping Saras on the pick and rolls and saying right with him.

just heard Saras say - the team did not get to the correct spots to run the called offensive plays.

Ronnie struggled offensively, and had trouble with Dirk until the 4th quarter when he tried to bring the team back.

Granger played well.

Foster needs to be on the inactive list another 4 weeks, he is no where near ready to play.

AJ played pretty well tonight.

The one thing I do have to say - When things go bad within a game the Pacers fall apart, they cannot right themselves and do what it taked to get back into the game. Rick mentioned this in his post game press conference. That shows a lack of mental toughness and a lack of chemistry. They just aren't playing together

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    The one thing I do have to say - When things go bad within a game the Pacers fall apart, they cannot right themselves and do what it taked to get back into the game. Rick mentioned this in his post game press conference. That shows a lack of mental toughness and a lack of chemistry. They just aren't playing together
    This sounds right, but what about the push at the end? Isn't that somewhat getting it together? Some of it was also us just being ice cold.

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    This sounds right, but what about the push at the end? Isn't that somewhat getting it together? Some of it was also us just being ice cold.

Well yes, but that is when they don't have any choice

Well yes, but that is when they don't have any choice
    True.

Mood

I was not in attendance tonight. Watched on TV though.

The first game back after a long road trip is always bad, especially when there is only one day between games.

J.O. gave everything he had tonight, you could tell he was sick.

Dallas did a nice job trapping Saras on the pick and rolls and saying right with him.

just heard Saras say - the team did not get to the correct spots to run the called offensive plays.

Ronnie struggled offensively, and had trouble with Dirk until the 4th quarter when he tried to bring the team back.

Granger played well.

Foster needs to be on the inactive list another 4 weeks, he is no where near ready to play.

AJ played pretty well tonight.

The one thing I do have to say - When things go bad within a game the Pacers fall apart, they cannot right themselves and do what it taked to get back into the game. Rick mentioned this in his post game press conference. That shows a lack of mental toughness and a lack of chemistry

It sounds like the lack of a take charge leader IMO. And a focal point. LAst couple of years they had RM to rally around and help them keep focused. As yet, the pecking order hasn't been established and some guys are more concerned about getting their stats (reps) than about rallying around a new leader (could it be nobody recognizes anybody as the leader yet and they don't wanna relinquish thier cred?)

The only thing AJ did well tonight was keep from turning the ball over more than twice.

0-4 fg, 0-1 3pt, 0-2 ft, 2 assists and 3 steals, but 2 turnovers and 4 fouls.

AJ wasn't as bad as normal this game. He is still death to our offense though...

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    It sounds like the lack of a take charge leader IMO. And a focal point. LAst couple of years they had RM to rally around and help them keep focused. As yet, the pecking order hasn't been established and some guys are more concerned about getting their stats (reps) than about rallying around a new leader (could it be nobody recognizes anybody as the leader yet and they don't wanna relinquish thier cred?)

That is why 3 weeks ago I said Saras needs to be the Pacers point guard. For leadership reasons if nothing else. But lets not get off on this tangent.

Mood

That is why 3 weeks ago I said Saras needs to be the Pacers point guard. For leadership reasons if nothing else. But lets not get off on this tangent.

Okey doke. {patiently waiting....pulls out nail trimmers and file....]

BTW, is it possible to hijack your own thread?

You guys - how could they play "together", this is their first time "sorta" playing together -
    Lets admit it - Saras is your PG of the future. I'm not buying the Tins stuff and the injury.
    Shooting guard - Jax 1st season starting at this position. Doesn't know how to handle the offense or get into the flow.
    Small forward - Ronnie's back after an extended vacation last year. Getting re-acclaimed to the game and his teammates.
    Power - JO, well trying to be the undisputed leader, pick up slack for the team, and the gate is now open as he doesn't have to "defer" to Reggie in certain points of the game.
    Center - Jeff is just coming back after prolonged outage.

Danny is new.
    Harrison blows but he's getting some minutes for the first time after an injury last year.
    Cro is out again and probably will start blowing again off the bench.
    AJ is AJ.
    Fred is the wrong Jones but can't help that. Still getting over the flu?

But my point is, lets give them some time guys. New roles for new guys take some getting adjusted to. Do it for the kids. And the chicks.
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

I was glad to see David get minutes. He struggled, but got a chance. Given consistent minutes I think he would help the team a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    Did ya loan him a camera too?
    He has his own tickets. I saw him sitting over there.....

1. Jeff Foster cannot run or jump. I have no idea why he played in the second half. He relies on his quickness to get rebounds and if he doesn't have it he shouldn't play. David or Scot should've gotten his minutes.

2. RE: Players not being where they should be - Early in the game a play was called, Sarunas had the ball, Jackson was waiting for it and Sarunas turned and passed it the other direction. Stephen walked over behind the 3 pt. line clearly disgusted and complaining to the bench. I'm assuming the play call was for Sarunas to pass him the ball........

3. The PA was way too loud tonight.

4. A lot of the new in-game music and time-out blurbs are terrible. Air guitar? Smile cam? Who do you look like? Blah.

5. Ashley Bidwell is much better than the other gal they have MC'ing this year.

6. If they play like this all season, I'm going to go hoarse from yelling, "Move!"

7. Release the hounds, Rick!

8. They really could've used Jamaal tonight. If everybody is going to stand around at the arc, he could get into the lane and pitch it out.

9. It's cold.

10. It takes me about a half hour to drive home. Why do I hear 4 minutes of post-game show and 26 minutes of commercials?

Peck, you asked me a few days ago why I had almost given up on David Harrison.

Tonight was a classic example: He comes off the bench, first thing he does is hit a nice little turn around jumper. Other than that he is a disaster.

Two straight times he either refuses to guard Dampier, or he has no clue how to defend one-on-one in the low post. Dampier got two very easy shots. After watching those two defensive plays, I almost think maybe he needs to get his eyes checked. I'm serious, it was almost like he did not see Dampier move.

Then of course he gets two quick fouls.

In short Peck, Harrison is horrible defensively. To the point where I question either his eye sight or his mind or something. Seems to me he has no clue what the team is trying to do defensively

And remember - this is Dampier we are talking about. The guy Larry dumped without even thinking about not even a year into his career... The guy who Nitwitski humiliated in a public press conference. If Harrison can't handle him, then he's got something else coming to him...
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

Granger looked good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaufman
    And remember - this is Dampier we are talking about. The guy Larry dumped without even thinking about not even a year into his career... The guy who Nitwitski humiliated in a public press conference. If Harrison can't handle him, then he's got something else coming to him...

Twoplays against Damp aren't going to define his career. He did play Shaq well. And played extremely well against the Cavs.

In the fourth I thought the players had righted the ship. The crowd was finally into it, the offense was getting some movement and they trimmed the 12 point lead to 4 while JO was on the bench. Then when JO came back in everybody started standing around again and it was all downhill. JO can get it in the post all night long as far as I'm concerned, but everybody else just can't stand there and watch. Give the guy some options.

"Move!"

I was there and I am trying to collect my thoughts... I spent the drive home trying to come to terms with some things.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Harmonica

Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    I was there and I am trying to collect my thoughts... I spent the drive home trying to come to terms with some things.

-Bball
    I'm not sure this is the right place for that. Not that there's anything wrong with it. We'll be supportive regardless. Hats off to you. It's a brave thing you're about to do.

I was there too...It's late and I've got a meeting first thing in the morning with all three of my bosses and all other dept. heads....Kinda gotta make that one on time!

I'll have pics and my short narrative and thoughts sometime tomorrow....

Only thing I will say tonight is that I thought we had enough juice to get it done at the end, and I thought some mistakes at inopportune times killed us mentally. Not gonna say if the mistakes were by the refs or our players, little bit of both, IMO...

I know the crowd's patience with the officiating was pretty thin by the fourth when we were climbing the hill to make our final run...When we got to within 4 points, the wheels came off and people started leaving.

RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER