Thread: Rick not only coach being ?????

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Rick not only coach being ?????

Lifted from Detroit Free Pree via RealGM

6th December, 2005 - 1:23 pm
    Detroit Free Press - On most NBA teams, it might classify as full-fledged frustration. On the Pistons, the grumbles coming from the bench players are laced with understanding and acceptance.

More than anything, they're happy the team is winning, with a 13-2 record being the best in the NBA. But they also admit they're often baffled by coach Flip Saunders' rotations.

Sometimes forward Antonio McDyess plays with the starters, as he did Saturday against the Chicago Bulls . Other nights, he plays only with the reserves. Sometimes he's the first player off the bench. Other days, that honor goes to Carlos Arroyo or Maurice Evans.

Sometimes game situations call for one thing, like Dale Davis' physical play inside. Saunders will say as much before a game -- only to leave Davis on the bench.

"It's a tough position right now because we don't know really what to expect," said Evans, a swingman. "It just makes it hard to be as productive as possible when you really don't know what your minutes are going to be like."

But Evans added: "The thing is, we're winning, and no one wants to look like they're not happy. I really am happy that we're winning."

The key is...they ARE winning.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Sports Logo

Default Re: Rick not only coach being ?????

Although KStat will have to confirm....Saunders essentially runs a 8 man rotaton with the starters playing 33-37mpg and then having the bench Dice/Evans/Arroyo filling in with "garbage / resting the starters" minutes....which isn't too different then what they did last season under LB.

I'm wondering more about how they will do if one of them get injured in some way.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Although KStat will have to confirm....Saunders essentially runs a 8 man rotaton with the starters playing 33-37mpg and then having the bench Dice/Evans/Arroyo filling in with "garbage / resting the starters" minutes....which isn't too different then what they did last season under LB.

I'm wondering more about how they will do if one of them get injured in some way.
    Around this time last year, Brown stopped playing Elden Campbell and went to only a 7 man rotation of Hunter and McDyess with the starters. Hunter was playing 20 to 25 mpg until the Pistons got Carlos Arroyo. Everyone knew Hunter was playing way too many minutes, including Hunter himself I think.

Of course around this time last year, the Pistons were a .500 team.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Flip doesn't really want to play only 8 guys, but he's searching for good combinations.

If Darko doesn't turn it around SOON, Dale Davis will likely be our new backup center and 9th man.

Carlos Delfino is the best scorer on the bench. It's a shame Tay and RIp are playing so damn well, because it's hard to find minutes for both Mo AND Delfino.

At this point, I'd almost rather bench Mo and play Delfino.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004