Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Could T-Mac be on the move?

  1. #1
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,308

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Could T-Mac be on the move?

    There's a lot of talk on the Rockets' RealGM board speculating that a "big" trade is about to go down (possibly w/ the Knicks) and that Yao is the only player on Houston's roster that is untouchable. They're also speculating the possiblity of adding Spree. They cut Dion Glover today, which opens up a roster space. Stay tuned.

  2. #2
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,782

    Default Re: Could T-Mac be on the move?

    Sounds like they are getting desperate, they want Artest.

  3. #3
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,308

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Could T-Mac be on the move?

    Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you think we're trading AJ for him?


    How about AJ, Jack, and Pollard? Think they'd still be interested in Bender?

  4. #4
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,308

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Could T-Mac be on the move?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sounds like they are getting desperate, they want Artest.
    Apparently, JVG says they need "dogs" (sound familiar)? Would anyone here want to trade Ron in a deal for T-Mac? (Btw, I wouldn't).

  5. #5
    Member Frank Slade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State of Chaos
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,019

    Default Re: Could T-Mac be on the move?

    Dec. 5, 2005, 1:54AM
    Rockets changes coming
    Van Gundy is ready to make 'hard decisions'


    By JONATHAN FEIGEN
    Copyright 2005 Houston Chronicle

    Rockets coach Jeff Van Gundy spoke of the need for change, which would seem the inevitable conclusion for a staggering 4-12 team coming off perhaps its worst loss of the season.

    He did not specify if change must come in the caliber of play of those he is putting on the court or if he must change the players. But Van Gundy said he has "hard decisions" to make.

    That could mean many things, but the Rockets have reached the point where they believe there will be changes to the rotation, the roster or both.

    "I would think the only people I can be sure they won't change would be Tracy (McGrady) and Yao (Ming)," Rockets guard David Wesley said. "Other than that, it could be me, it could be anybody."

    Veterans have seen enough not to be surprised. That was how Wesley came to the Rockets last season after they got off to a poor start that showed little signs of imminent change. They were never this low last season, falling to 6-11 at worst. But the return of point guard Bob Sura and trades for Wesley and Jon Barry helped turn things around.

    This season the Rockets can hope for the return of point guard Rafer Alston and of McGrady's good health and usual prowess. But there is a sense that greater change could be coming. Again.

    "I would assume," guard Derek Anderson said. "The way the league is going, you change the lineup. Some things you see you can accept, but some things you can't. I've seen it before. It's a business. Things change. You can't be surprised. We'll see what happens."

    If they are looking to retool again, the Rockets will not be dealing from a position of strength. They are not 4-12 because many players are playing so well.

    Wesley, Barry, Anderson (who has an option for another season) and Moochie Norris are in the last season of their contracts. But teams shopping for short-term contracts usually offer players with long-term deals who are not typically long-term solutions, and those deals are more common around the February trade deadline.

    Players who were signed last offseason cannot be traded until Dec. 15. But even if the Rockets are not looking to ship or acquire a player signed in the offseason, deals become more likely after the Dec. 15 date because teams wait to see what else might become available.

    Adding a free agent also will be difficult. The Rockets are over the salary cap and slightly over the luxury-tax threshold.


    All filled up
    The roster is packed to capacity and then some. Besides carrying the maximum of 15 players — with the only player with a non-guaranteed contract (Dion Glover) hurt, which keeps the Rockets from releasing him — they have four former players (Vin Baker, Clarence Weatherspoon, Charlie Ward and Zendon Hamilton) on the payroll.

    But if they can carve out a roster spot, there are some free agents who could get consideration.

    Latrell Sprewell, who had some of his best seasons playing for Van Gundy in New York, George Lynch and Darvin Ham would offer the competitiveness sometimes missing. Rodney White has shown catch-and-shoot abilities.

    The Rockets could also solve their own problems. They won't be getting younger and quicker in the next few days, but they were relatively old and slow last season, too.

    But last season, they shot well enough around McGrady and Yao to overcome shortcomings. This season, they rank 29th in scoring, 28th in shooting percentage and last in assists per game.

    Defensively, the Rockets are statistically among the league's strongest teams, holding opponents to 42.5 percent shooting, third-best in the NBA. But they have broken down so dramatically at the end of close games that the defense cannot be considered a strength, either.

    "We may get along well in the locker room, but we have no chemistry because we have no accountability or a feeling of responsibility to one another to give maximum mental and physical energy for the cause," Van Gundy said.


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Yeah there are some more stuff on this article about chemistry etc.. didn't want to hijack the thread totally and post it all..

    http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/3502588.html

    Why Not Us ?


  6. #6
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: Could T-Mac be on the move?



    They're not going to trade T-Mac. And especially to the Knicks - the Knicks could only offer expiring contracts, and why would Houston all of a sudden decide to go back into rebuilding mode after acquiring a solid duo in TMac and Yao?

    That's hillarious.

    Look for some tweaks with some of their older guys and fringe players.

  7. #7
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,308

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Could T-Mac be on the move?

    AJ, Jack, Pollard, and Granger for T-Mac works on RealGM...

    Foster/Hulk/Walker
    JO/Cro
    Ronnie/???
    T-Mac/Freddie
    Tins/Saras/Gill

  8. #8
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: Could T-Mac be on the move?

    The Spurs have lost 3 games so far!

    We should make an offer for Duncan while the getting is good - would anyone trade Samaki for him straight up?

  9. #9
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,690

    Default Re: Could T-Mac be on the move?

    I won't give creedence to a trade rumor until the ink is dry. But T-Mac would make any GM's head turn.

    My worry is that for being so talented AND clutch, his W/L isn't exactly spectacular.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

    “If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

  10. #10
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,308

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Could T-Mac be on the move?

    Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Spurs have lost 3 games so far!

    We should make an offer for Duncan while the getting is good - would anyone trade Samaki for him straight up?
    The Rockets have lost 12 (that's four times as many as the Spurs) games...

  11. #11
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Could T-Mac be on the move?

    TMac is really really good, a superstar. Thing is, can we count on him to be healthy?

    I don't know if I would trade Ron for him. Outside of Saras, Ron, JO, Or David though, I'd offer the whole freaking farm for him. And Maybe Ron. He is really good.


    But he isn't going anywhere.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  12. #12
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,072

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Could T-Mac be on the move?

    If the Rockets are thinkign about TMac, you have to wonder why. It's obviously not the talent, and he's obviously not a bad apple.

    In the end, you have to wonder if they think that TMac is simply too injury prone. That's scary for GMs looking to aquire a max-salary player.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  13. #13
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,308

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Could T-Mac be on the move?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the Rockets are thinkign about TMac, you have to wonder why. It's obviously not the talent, and he's obviously not a bad apple.

    In the end, you have to wonder if they think that TMac is simply too injury prone. That's scary for GMs looking to aquire a max-salary player.
    Well, $$$ could be the simple answer. T-Mac makes at least three times as anyone else on their roster, Yao included. Factor in his injury-proneness and it's not that big of a shock that they may be looking to move him.

  14. #14
    Banned Fool's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,408

    Default Re: Could T-Mac be on the move?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, $$$ could be the simple answer. T-Mac makes at least three times as anyone else on their roster, Yao included. Factor in his injury-proneness and it's not that big of a shock that they may be looking to move him.
    Thats only because Yao is still in the last year of his rookie contract. Yao's already signed to a max deal for next year and Houston traded for McGrady (and his contract) knowing that Yao would get the max. Its pretty clear that Houston is fine with carrying two max contracts into their future. So yes, I would say it would be a huge surprise if Houston were to do a 180 and suddenly be worried about two contracts they just created for themselves not even a quarter of a season in.

  15. #15
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,577

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Could T-Mac be on the move?

    Yeah, I am on va's side.

    I just wouldn't want to take the chance on him.

    Doesn't it seem like every big rumor is someone going to NY, now?

    Was KG a week or so ago, and now it's Tmac.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  16. #16
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,684

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Could T-Mac be on the move?

    Its cuz the Knicks are like the Yankees of the NBA.....money is no object to them....and yet it has brought them how many championships?

    If the Knicks trade their expiring contracts and the Knicks 1st round draft pick for 2038 ( cuz that is all they have left ) for KG ....and McHale accepts it....then someone ought to fire him. If it happens...there is no justice in this world.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  17. #17
    Member NPFII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Israel
    Age
    40
    Posts
    467

    Default Re: Could T-Mac be on the move?

    Why is Yao untouchable???

    Except for one decent game vs Shaq and a ton of Chinese fans - he doesn't bring much. Sometimes he's actually a real liability.

    So he's 7'6'' with a nice touch. But no passion, no banging, no toughness, no quickness. He's a whole level beneath the top level of big guys in the league like Shaq, TD, KG, Camby, Brand, and yes - JO.

  18. #18
    Member denyfizle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Nap Town
    Posts
    1,409
    Mood

    Default Re: Could T-Mac be on the move?

    Plain and simple. The change would be the head coach. Bye Bye JVG

  19. #19
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,827

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Could T-Mac be on the move?

    Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    TMac is really really good, a superstar. Thing is, can we count on him to be healthy?

    I don't know if I would trade Ron for him. Outside of Saras, Ron, JO, Or David though, I'd offer the whole freaking farm for him. And Maybe Ron. He is really good.


    But he isn't going anywhere.

    You wouldn't offer David Harrison for Tracy Freaking McGrady?

    Would you offer Harrison for an in his prime Michael Jordan?

    When you say "outside of Saras, Ron, or JO"...you pretty much take out any player on our roster the Rockets would want for TMAC.

  20. #20
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Could T-Mac be on the move?

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam1987
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You wouldn't offer David Harrison for Tracy Freaking McGrady?

    Would you offer Harrison for an in his prime Michael Jordan?

    When you say "outside of Saras, Ron, or JO"...you pretty much take out any player on our roster the Rockets would want for TMAC.

    Well I want to have a semblance of a team left. Excuse me if that offends you. I figured Jeff had more trade value than David.


    :
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •