Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is getting ridiculous

Default This is getting ridiculous

Cro was hurt.

Jeff was recovering from an injury, in early foul trouble, and playing badly.

Pollard was decent, but normally hasn't seen a lot of minutes.

And out of all this, David doesn't even play one *****ing minute?!?!

Forston is down there bullying us with his strength, and David is just sitting on the bench?!

There is no excuse for this, David should have been on the floor, at least briefly. Rick isn't playing him for some stupid reason, and its got me flocking angry.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Default Re: This is getting ridiculous

he was pouting the last game so now he will be injured the next
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

I think David Harrison has looked bad this whole season. he really has no clue out there. I think that is why Rick is not playing him

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think David Harrison has looked bad this whole season. he really has no clue out there. I think that is why Rick is not playing him
    Foster looked pretty damn bad today, what could he have had to lose?

Quote Originally Posted by able
    he was pouting the last game so now he will be injured the next
    It all makes sense now.

DH needs more minutes, even if he sucks horribly.

If these injuries can't force Carlisle to play David, nothing will. Maybe we can trade him for someone who will - he may have some attractive potential to a few teams.

IndyToad
    I'm concerned about your high blood pressure

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    Cro was hurt.

Jeff was recovering from an injury, in early foul trouble, and playing badly.

Pollard was decent, but normally hasn't seen a lot of minutes.

And out of all this, David doesn't even play one *****ing minute?!?!

Forston is down there bullying us with his strength, and David is just sitting on the bench?!

There is no excuse for this, David should have been on the floor, at least briefly. Rick isn't playing him for some stupid reason, and its got me flocking angry.
    I don't get all the Hulk love here. He's not that good. He's an ok 10th man. He may get better down the road, but he's not there yet.

You Never Ever know what you're gonna get with David.Well, ok you know you'll get at least 3 fouls Guaranteed, but he's not consistent. David really just doesn't stand out. Think about it, Foster is a monster rebounder, Cro is a hustle player, Pollard even with a back problem, though not spectacular, is reliable and you can always count on a sexy new look for him .

Hulk is the only player I have no opinion on, if he was gone, ahhh oh well. He's here? Oh hey, thats OK too.....
    Life without water is tough, life without air is hard,life with one leg only is wobbly, Life without Reggie Miller, is impossible.

Do Not Trade Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Brunner
    Veteran Austin Croshere, the longest-tenured Pacers player on the roster, has proven reliable when called upon, invariably ready to step in regardless of the circumstance.

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg
    I don't get all the Hulk love here. He's not that good. He's an ok 10th man. He may get better down the road, but he's not there yet.
    With Fortson tossing our frontline around, though, this was exactly the time you need a player like him.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by 8.9_seconds
    You Never Ever know what you're gonna get with David.Well, ok you know you'll get at least 3 fouls Guaranteed, but he's not consistent. David really just doesn't stand out. .

Hulk is the only player I have no opinion on, if he was gone, ahhh oh well. He's here? Oh hey, thats OK too.....
    So is that because he just doesn't have "it", or get "it", or is that because we've seen so little of him to really see what he can do consistently this season? And is that his fault or Rick's? Would he find a niche and succeed with some consistent minutes or does he not deserve them?

-Bball "All questions and no answers here"
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

This is an absolute waste.

David Harrison should have started this game & if not started he should have been the first big man off of the bench.

I'll go on record now & say this.

If this is what Carlisle is going to do to Harrison the rest of this season we need to do one of three things.

1. Ship David to the D-League. The last damn thing I want is for another young Pacers player to take 3-4 years to develop because he can't get on the floor.

2. Package him with Tinsley for some really good player. Trust me you would have plenty of takers for him & you should be able to get something really good in return.

3. Fire Carlisle. Yes, I know it's not going to happen but IMO Rick's refusal to play big men other than in situational plays just kills us. David Harrison can be the real deal & it shouldn't take us 5 years to find out.

David should play/start whenever he EARNS it. I don't know how he's been playin' in practice..but my guess is that even after poor performances on the court if he plays well in practice Carlisle would play him.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    This is an absolute waste.

David Harrison should have started this game & if not started he should have been the first big man off of the bench.

I'll go on record now & say this.

If this is what Carlisle is going to do to Harrison the rest of this season we need to do one of three things.

1. Ship David to the D-League. The last damn thing I want is for another young Pacers player to take 3-4 years to develop because he can't get on the floor.

2. Package him with Tinsley for some really good player. Trust me you would have plenty of takers for him & you should be able to get something really good in return.

3. Fire Carlisle. Yes, I know it's not going to happen but IMO Rick's refusal to play big men other than in situational plays just kills us. David Harrison can be the real deal & it shouldn't take us 5 years to find out.

I have an inkling of a worry we're on the verge of understanding some Detroit fans' problem(s) with Rick Carlisle.

I wondered yesterday if AJ following Sarunas allowed AJ to enter and be effective with the team being in a different mindset (or groove). Well, for tonight, that theory seemed to fall on it's face. Meanwhile, Rick continued to stick with AJ even past the egg timer he uses for substitutions and kept Sarunas (who IMHO played excellently) cooling down on the bench.

This stuff probably wouldn't have been an issue last season because things were pretty much set (and later "it is what it is" became the motto). But something happened last year and it made this year be far less 'set in stone'. There's many different faces and roles to fill and understand.

But it's hard to get too down since the Pacers did go 3-2 on the trip.

Harrison can't get minutes in a blowout and he can't get minutes in a game where injuries and conditioning are thinning the team.... or when the other team has some big bodies that you'd think Harrison could stand a chance of being effective against.

Some of the losses to teams like the Bobcats and the Hawks would've felt better if we'd been trying to get Harrison worked into the rotation and seeing what he can do (as well as minutes for the likes of Sarunas and Granger).

UB could be correct about Harrison but I've not seen enough of him (Harrison) to know. And that's the problem... as I see it...

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Read this B.S. from today's star.

Precious minutes

Pacers center David Harrison had a hard enough time staying on the court because of foul trouble. It's going to get tougher now that Jeff Foster has returned.
    "It's going to be tighter minutes-wise now," Carlisle said. "He's got to stay ready because we're going to need him."Harrison, who had a good offseason, didn't play Sunday and he hasn't played more than 15 minutes in a game this season.
    "It's frustrating, but it's something you have to deal with," Harrison said. " . . . I do get a lot of fouls, but I don't think it should lead to me not playing."

Pardon me but Rick is a dumb@ss!!!! How in the hell is Harrison supposed to stay ready when he has no experiance & how the hell will the Pacers need him in the future but not need him now when we have a gimpy out of shape Foster & a gimpy Pollard & an injured Croshere.

If there is something going on at practice, fine bench him till his punishment is served. But if this is just because the guy gets into foul trouble then Rick doesn't have a clue.

I HATE Rick's insistance at playing small ball.

Poor Hulk probably gets his routine done every night to find out he doesnt play 1 minute.

I'm new to this board and being a Pacers supporter alltogether.
    I've watched almost all the games until now, thanks to the wonderful technology of the internet (except vs Portland & Seattle, which are being downloaded as we speak).

After 15 games, I get the feeling RC isn't a good fit for this team. No doubt he's a competant coach. He knows what he likes, and he knows what he doesnt like. He runs a team nicely from the sideline, and he seems to be the type of coach that teaches. Also, from a professional standpoint, he knows his basketaball.

However, I think he lacks in the psychological aspects. He's not realizing that the better part of his job (IMO) should be to be able to get the maximum out of his players. Possibly the most crucial aspect of being a coach is "getting the feel" for your guys. Getting to know them on a personal level. What makes them happy, what ticks them off, what kinds of plays the like or hate, where to push them, where to let go. This is a crucial part of the so-called "chemistry" problem.

I heard that Mike Brown used to be the guy handling these issues, and that Carlisle basically keeps his distance. With "warm"-tempered guys like Ron, JO, SJax, Tinsley, probably DH, and even Saras - you can't be distant. With Reggie, for example, it's easier. This team is in desperate need of warmth.

I think everybody can now acknowledge that talent is not the problem. There's enough talent on this team to win it all. So now its up to the personalities to gel into a team, which can take a while. It seems, though, that the team is moving somewhat backwards instead of forward, mostly because the coach's personality is quite different than those of the players.

I'll take SJax as an example. His personality is in general that of a grown-up baby. Do you as a coach try to educate him, or do you accept him for what he is, let him know that, and use him to the team's needs? I think Rick is an educator (which isn't bad), and leaves SJax in a position where he gets frustrated and doesnt know his position in the team concept. True - it's part of the learning process, but the guy is unhappy and reluctant to learn. Growing up doesnt happen overnight or during a practice - it's a life experience that happens naturally. Sometimes pushing it just delays it more. Sometimes accepting the guy as-is can be theat little thing he needs to feel better and be ready to grow up.

Same thing about Tinsley, DH, Granger, and even JO. The only exceptions may be Ron & Saras.

Specifically to DH not playing vs Seattle - it's outrageous. A legitimate big body is exactly what could make the difference in getting those rebounds. So what if he gets some fouls? Set him loose - see what he can do. Give him the freedom to battle with Evans & Fortson. Maybe he'll lose, maybe he'll get "owned", but at least he'll be better next time, and that's for sure! And this has nothing to do with the professional aspect of loosening JO up from those battles (where we all know he struggles). It's only about David.
    "Earning his place" is highly overrated. If a guy goes in with a good mindset - he'll feel good, and play with more enthusiasm, and ultimately better, thus "earning" his place. If he goes in feeling like he got thrown in because everybody else is injured and the coach didnt really want him there - he'll suck badly.

Basketball is a mind game no less than it is a game of skill and tactics. Rick needs help in that department - the sooner the better.

Quote Originally Posted by NPFII
    After 15 games, I get the feeling RC isn't a good fit for this team. No doubt he's a competant coach. He knows what he likes, and he knows what he doesnt like. He runs a team nicely from the sideline, and he seems to be the type of coach that teaches. Also, from a professional standpoint, he knows his basketaball.

I've been feeling the same way and have voiced that same thing here without a whole lot of resistance. The only problem with that is he and LB are best friends. it would take a total meltdown for something like that to happen.

Rick doesn't like to play the young guys, we've heard this a million times. With this team that can be very costly come playoff time and is looking to start being a problem now as well.

Mike Brown did use to be the buffer. The players respected him and went to him with teammate and personal problems. They don't have anyone to voice their problems to anymore. I think that does screw with the chemistry.

I don't know what it is with this year but right now I really don't like this team as much as I did year before last. Same players (for the most part) different team it seems.

Probably just me.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    So is that because he just doesn't have "it", or get "it", or is that because we've seen so little of him to really see what he can do consistently this season? And is that his fault or Rick's? Would he find a niche and succeed with some consistent minutes or does he not deserve them?

-Bball "All questions and no answers here"

Primos Brezec. FInally got quality minutes and is now developing nicely. MAy never be an all-star but what would a player of that caliber do for the P's?
    Give DH the minutes to prove/disprove himself...it's not like we're in the championship hunt just yet anyway.
    If you get to thinkiní youíre a person of some influence, try orderiní somebody elseís dog around..

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That had me absolutely steaming last night. Fortson threw his fat butt into Foster and Pollard and JO all night, and there wasn't a darn thing they could do about it. Dad and I were continually asking ourselves, "Why is he ['he' can apply to Harrison or Sarunas] still on the bench?" AJ did not play well, and Sarunas did, yet, AJ stayed in the game when we needed an offensive spark. We were down 4, but closing the gap, when Sarunas went to the bench, then AJ came in. We fell to -13 and only when Sarunas came back in (too late) did we start to put up a fight. It is becoming more obvious to me every game that Sarunas needs to play as much as possible. If this guy gets 40 minutes, we'll win. But, for whatever reason, AJ comes in and loses all momentum that we had with Sarunas, and we get blown away.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Harmonica

I believe LB holds Rick accountable for his coaching decisions and probably councils him often. Not meddles, mind you, but asks him tough questions and offers advice. I, too, cringe every time I see AJ on the floor and was astounded last night when Rick pulled Sarunas when we were closing the gap. I think SJ can withstand the minutes. The guy is all hustle. But what really chafed me was seeing them both in the game with AJ running the point. What?!?! Of course, by then it was too late. And watching DH languish on the bench was puzzling to me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    With Fortson tossing our frontline around, though, this was exactly the time you need a player like him.
    Yeah, I get that. But people here who say he needs to START are borderline crazy. No offense to you guys. Maybe Rick didn't wanna put him in because we put the Sonics into the penalty 2 minutes into every quarter and Dave is a fouling machine.

Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt
    All those same teams that were falling over themselves to take him in the 1st round?

Excellent. Thank you.

Why is it so terrible to ask why all those teams that didn't draft him would suddenly want to fall all over themselves to trade for him?
    Sorry.

Continue simulating the conversation for the better.

I'll avoid saying anything related to Harrison in the future if it isn't "He's the greatest player ever" if that would make you feel better.
    Go for it.