Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Pacers loss that I'm not pissed

Default First Pacers loss that I'm not pissed

I'm never happy, as I'm never satisfied when the Pacers lose. I hate when they lose, I'm not a good loser at all.

But this is the Pacers first loss this whole season where I can just say well the other team was just better tonight and the loss doesn't really concern me. Every other Pacers loss this season, was very disturbing. Tonight I thought the Sonics played a great game, and I don't think any team would have beaten the Sonics tonight. Even the Pistons or the Spurs would have had to play one of their better games to beat the Sonics.

I'm not suggesting the Pacers played great, but they weren't bad and certainly they weren't horrible, - nothing tonight will cause any great chemistry debate to take place. Yes free throw shooting and rebounding were problems, but the Sonics shot very well, and were very physical. I'm not sure any team in the league has as many good shooters as the Sonics. This is not the same Sonics team that struggled earlier this season, this is the team that won 52 games last season.

I'm sure some of you will complain that Harrison didn't play, but I'm not surprised. Other will complain about AJ playing too much. Some might even want Saras to play more, who knows.

Overall 3-2 on this road trip is a good trip. There is something to build on even in defeat and that is the first time I could honestly say that after a loss this season.

Saras did almost have a triple double

Default Re: First Pacers loss that I'm not pissed

Playing AJ instead of Sarunas for SEVEN minutes in the 4th when we needed a comeback was idiotic. Sarunas should have been in no later than with 8:00 to go, but he was back in at 5:55 and we were down 13 of 14 points. That's unexcusable.

I feel the exact same way. I think a lot of guys achieved things outside of a win for the team.

Sarunas had an amazing game and his confidence should be a lot higher next time he plays. This guy is the real deal.

Ronnie getting his game back, Foster gettin minutes.

It's all a process.

But I wasn't upset about this loss..

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yes, the Sonics played great, but there is no excuse for the way we rebounded the ball tonight. Rick better have a good excuse for playing Jeff as little as he did. Maybe Jeff is still hurting a lot, and if so I guess that makes sense, but Jermaine, Scot and Danny need to rebound the ball a hell of a lot better then they did tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Playing AJ instead of Sarunas for SEVEN minutes in the 4th when we needed a comeback was idiotic. Sarunas should have been in no later than with 8:00 to go, but he was back in at 5:55 and we were down 13 of 14 points. That's unexcusable.

Do you really want Saras guarding Flip Murray. That is why Carlisle did not bring Saras back in earlier. I wanted Saras back in sooner too, but I can understand why Rick wanted AJ guarding Flip instead of Saras. Flip had 16 fourth quarter point on Friday night.

Edit: As far as Jeff not playing more. Jeff right now cannot play more than he did tonight. As he said he's had two practices in 6 months. No one can blame Rick for the nunber of minutes Jeff played.

I agree. Remember that it isn't how well your playing at the beginning of the season, it's how well you're playing at the end. The Pacers can beat any team when they're rolling. I just want the chemistry to come together by the end of the year. Remember that we still haven't had our projected starting lineup out there yet.

To add to this, the other infuriating part was that when Sarunas finally got put back in, Rick still had AJ running the offense.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah.

Once Sarunas came in, we started coming back. Hmmm, wonder what would've have happened if he came in earlier....
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Exactly right. This was lost by the coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    Do you really want Saras guarding Flip Murray. That is why Carlisle did not bring Saras back in earlier. I wanted Saras back in sooner too, but I can understand why Rick wanted AJ guarding Flip instead of Saras. Flip had 16 fourth quarter point on Friday night.
    No one is going to shut Flip down, you go with the guy that brings the most positives to the floor, and that is Sarunas.

So this is all the coaches fault. Come on, why is everything such a crybaby this season.

I have been more stoic than usual this season but I am pissed tonight.

AJ played pisspoor defense anyway.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Horologist Extraordinaire t1hs0n's Avatar

-Great game by saras
    -Great game by ronnie
    -Bad game on the boards
    -Still not hitting the free throws
    -Sjax still forcing things
    -Foster sore from all the mins in portland
    -Not a bad loss

Start Saras and Foster (when in game shape) and this team will be fine.

sweabs

I'm actually even more pissed than usual because of what I thought to be poor decisions made by our coach.

Whatever.

I think some of you have a bad memory. How can you be more pissed than the Bobcats loss, or the terrible display at home against the Hawks.

Pacers did not play a bad game tonight. They would have beaten the Jazz or the Blazers with this performance

Ron's stats were great, but his game was modest. He killed our offense in stretches by playing 1 on 5 offense (and losing of course).

I think some of you have a bad memory. How can you be more pissed than the Bobcats loss, or the terrible display at home against the Hawks.

Pacers did not play a bad game tonight. They would have beaten the Jazz or the Blazers with this performance
    I'm pissed because the reason we lost (or should I say had no chance to win) was so obvious and stupid.

I'm pissed because the reason we lost (or should I say had no chance to win) was so obvious and stupid.

What because Saras played 3 fewer minutes in the 4th quarter than he should have?

same thing at the end of the first quarter and start of the second quarter. Rick played AJ a tad bit long. should have bought him earlier to close out the second quarter.

sweabs

What because Saras played 3 fewer minutes in the 4th quarter than he should have?
    Come on now. I'm not saying this is the sole reason we lost, but you're a smart enough guy to know that 3 minutes is a lot of time.

And 3 minutes, in the 4th quarter (crunch time) is when Saras is most likely to thrive. It sure as hell beats what Rick's plan was.

Those were just let down games, it's pretty clear that we aren't as bad as we played in that game. However, this game was winnable, but Rick didn't even give us a chance with his incredibly stupid decisions.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Yeah, a 1/4 of the 4th where our best PG wasn't playing does **** me off, especially when he's a guy you know can bring a team back offensively (shooting and running the team), and to top it off when you bring that guy in late, you let AJ play the point instead of him. It's idiotic.

You're out numbered Unclebuck, I agree with Hicks and company. Saras was having an extraordinary game and Carlisle didn't recognize it. He should have put him back in sooner and had him running the team. In fact they should have designed plays for him to shoot it. He was very obviously on. When he did come back in he hardly touched the ball.

That's one reason we lost. Another is our all star PF only pulled down 4 rebounds, and we got hammered on the boards.

Kestas

Saras gets 9 assists in 30 minutes. more than twice the amount of O'Neil's rebounds.

anyways, the score is like there's no deffence and, obiviously, it's not all about assists with this team for Saras. and tonight the game was clearly lost under the baskets (judging by the stats). 28 rebounds for a 48 minute game is a joke. and btw, Saras can not be blamed for not trying to get those elusive rebounds (got 7, the best result in the team). you know, Saras' index ranking (by Euroleague formula) may be only very insignifficantly lower than Artest's.

and btw, Saras again with 4/5 from three.. expect him to go 1/7 or something like that soon but don't worry when that happens. in one important Euroleague Maccabi game last year he went 0/11 during the game and finaly hit his first triple... with his team trailing by two... with ~1 second on the clock... off ballance.

k