Thread: Does anybody want to give us updates....

Default Does anybody want to give us updates....

on our Tulsa 66ers?

I know that we don't have anybody hidden away on the team, although I wonder if Desmond Farmer didn't get a helping hand from us, but is anybody other than me interested in following the team & keeping us updated?

I know right now our backcourt is John Lucas & Bernard King. Can you imagine if it were their Dads? Seems as though Desmond is kind of the super sub on the squad & Cezary Trybanski is proving that he can't play in the D-league any more than he could in the big show.

I know we are dead last as I type this.

Don't we have a fan on here from Tulsa? I could be imagining that or maybe dreamed that.

Also on the D-League can anybody tell me anything about Pape Sow?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Does anybody want to give us updates....

Pape Sow is Darvin Ham packed into a PFs body. I watched him with Toronto last year and came away impressed. I don't know why the Raps sent him down.

He's big, fast, athletic, but he isn't a good scorer or shooter. He'll grab boards, blocks shots and go up for alley oops, but he's very raw.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

He just laid down a 40 point 16 rebound game coming off of the bench. I realize that those #'s don't mean much at that level of play but I was wondering about him.

Thanks for the info.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah, Toronto still owns his right, I believe.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pape Sow is Darvin Ham packed into a PFs body. I watched him with Toronto last year and came away impressed. I don't know why the Raps sent him down.

He's big, fast, athletic, but he isn't a good scorer or shooter. He'll grab boards, blocks shots and go up for alley oops, but he's very raw.
    You answered your own question.

The D-league is where the raw get cooked. :-)
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett