Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 425 of 1270

Thread: Random Thoughts NBA Edition Returns: 05-06 Thread

  1. #401

    Default Re: Random Thoughts NBA Edition Returns: 05-06 Thread

    Sorry, I didn' want to start another thread, but i have question. How do you pronounce Cro's name personally?

    I say it Like Cro-Sher

    Reggie says it Cro-shere (ear)

    Steve Kerr says it like I do

    how do you say it?
    Life without water is tough, life without air is hard,life with one leg only is wobbly, Life without Reggie Miller, is impossible.

    Do Not Trade Austin

    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Brunner
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Veteran Austin Croshere, the longest-tenured Pacers player on the roster, has proven reliable when called upon, invariably ready to step in regardless of the circumstance.

  2. #402
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,751

    Default Re: Random Thoughts NBA Edition Returns: 05-06 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by 8.9_seconds
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry, I didn' want to start another thread, but i have question. How do you pronounce Cro's name personally?

    I say it Like Cro-Sher

    Reggie says it Cro-shere (ear)

    Steve Kerr says it like I do

    how do you say it?
    Reggie Miller saya Crosh-ear? Wow. I always assumed that Crosh-ear was the wrong pronounciation but Reg should know...unless Cro was to scared to ever tell him the truth...

  3. #403
    #PacerNation 317Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    317
    Age
    23
    Posts
    13,440

    Default Re: Random Thoughts NBA Edition Returns: 05-06 Thread

    Cro-Sher

    I think Cro-sheeeer is annoying sometimes.

  4. #404
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,751

    Default Re: Random Thoughts NBA Edition Returns: 05-06 Thread

    Crosheer is annoying but if Reggie says it's right...this makes me rethink everything! We may just have to trade Cro for this! Or at least hold a press conference or something...

  5. #405
    #PacerNation 317Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    317
    Age
    23
    Posts
    13,440

    Default Re: Random Thoughts NBA Edition Returns: 05-06 Thread

    -So...CRO, AUSTY baby..how exactly do you pronounce your last name?

    -Jasikevjakovic

  6. #406
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,537

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random Thoughts NBA Edition Returns: 05-06 Thread

    I always though Austin's last name was pronouced CROW-SURE
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  7. #407
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Random Thoughts NBA Edition Returns: 05-06 Thread

    It's "Cro Sure". Reggie (and many others) say it both ways. Austin himself only says it's Cro Sure.

  8. #408
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,537

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random Thoughts NBA Edition Returns: 05-06 Thread

    Didn't notice this til now....but the Pistons come to play in Indy on Saturday.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  9. #409
    #PacerNation 317Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    317
    Age
    23
    Posts
    13,440

    Default Re: Random Thoughts NBA Edition Returns: 05-06 Thread

    I'm going to that one.

    Also, we play them again sometime mid to late February...

  10. #410
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: Random Thoughts NBA Edition Returns: 05-06 Thread

    I need to go back in this thread and find posts where people said the Knicks were going to be a decent team.

    At least I think I remember those ...
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  11. #411
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: Random Thoughts NBA Edition Returns: 05-06 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just be patient, Rim. You'll have another big losing streak in about a month. Larry's teams have a lot of trouble sustaining his style initially.
    You called it.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  12. #412
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,937

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random Thoughts NBA Edition Returns: 05-06 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You called it.
    I was wondering about that tonight, watching the Knicks get killed by Atlanta....

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  13. #413
    Member Moses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    3,565

    Default Re: Random Thoughts NBA Edition Returns: 05-06 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was wondering about that tonight, watching the Knicks get killed by Atlanta....
    Baby Al continues to put on all-star performances.

  14. #414
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: Random Thoughts NBA Edition Returns: 05-06 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Moses
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Baby Al continues to put on all-star performances.
    Don't give him too much credit - it was against us.

    If Kobe ever IS gonna get 100, it'll be tomorrow night.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  15. #415

    Default Re: Random Thoughts NBA Edition Returns: 05-06 Thread

    David West with the jumper with 0.1 left to beat the Bucks in Oklahoma!
    New Zealand's Number 1 Pacer Fan!! Visited Conseco Fieldhouse Feb 10 2006

  16. #416
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,537

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random Thoughts NBA Edition Returns: 05-06 Thread

    Here's my random thought....I think the NBA Finals are gonna be Pistons and the Mavs. The Mavs will beat the Spurs in the 2nd round of the playoffs where they will likely face the Suns.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  17. #417
    #PacerNation 317Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    317
    Age
    23
    Posts
    13,440

    Default Re: Random Thoughts NBA Edition Returns: 05-06 Thread

    Hornets Chris Paul.

    Do you guys think Rick will switch it up on Kobe tommorrow night? Using a Jack, Fred, and Danger rotation to guard him?

  18. #418

    Default Re: Random Thoughts NBA Edition Returns: 05-06 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I need to go back in this thread and find posts where people said the Knicks were going to be a decent team.

    At least I think I remember those ...




    I remember claiming that they were starting to be half-decent, after their 6-game winning streak. I thought we were going to see the Larry Brown "second half of his first season" statistical bump.

    Then they immediately went into the tank.

  19. #419
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,537

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random Thoughts NBA Edition Returns: 05-06 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PaCeRs_GuRL
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hornets Chris Paul.

    Do you guys think Rick will switch it up on Kobe tommorrow night? Using a Jack, Fred, and Danger rotation to guard him?
    Triple Guard Kobe with Freddie, SJax and AJ? No one else can hit a bucket on the Lakers...why not?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  20. #420
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: Random Thoughts NBA Edition Returns: 05-06 Thread

    Yet another "successful" night for Rasheed out at the 3-point line, going 1-11.

    Kstat, you can argue he should be shooting out there as much as you want...but I really see no need for him shooting over 10 threes each game. Rasheed is just too damn good on the low block...I don't know why they didn't go to that all night long on Nenad Kristic. As an opposing fan, I love having Rasheed settling for outside jumpers behind the arc.

    Sure, he could go 9-10 next game from 3-pt land...but it's still not where I think he's best utilized. Let him take 4-5 / game...that seems good to me. There's just no need to have him chucking 11 up each night.

    Also, had the pleasure of watching that game on FSN Detroit. Wow - quite possibly the most annoying commentators I have had to listen to in quite a while. They complained about every single call or no-call by the refs, but would be owned by the replay.

    Vince almost, and it was real close...almost pulled off another "Olympic dunk" ala over the 7 foot Frederick Weiss on France. This time on Tayshaun, but just missed. However, I still think Rip is looking for his jockstrap after falling on the ground getting crossed over.

    Lastly, what is it with Tayshaun and Richard Jefferson? RJ really loves playing him...

    And this post was in no way, shape, or form meant to offend Pistons fans. Just a little recap from my perspective on the game.

  21. #421
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,937

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random Thoughts NBA Edition Returns: 05-06 Thread

    We played like absolute garbage tonight. NJ killed us.

    Rip played like garbage. Prince played like Garbage. Ben and Sheed played like garbage. Chauncey was garbage for a half.

    We didn't deserve to win tonight. We ******* suck.

    I advocate Sheed taking open threes, not MISSING open threes.

    Larry made him shoot more in the post last year. Didn't work.

    Once Sheed startis missing them, he usually goes inside. Just not lately.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  22. #422
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,937

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random Thoughts NBA Edition Returns: 05-06 Thread

    BTW, Larry Brown's team has officially quit on him.

    THe only thing keeping me from throwing my TV out the window is the solace that at least we aren't the Knicks....

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  23. #423
    King Mob
    Guest

    Default Re: Random Thoughts NBA Edition Returns: 05-06 Thread

    Jefferson has owned Prince for as long as Prince has been in the league.

  24. #424

    Default Re: Random Thoughts NBA Edition Returns: 05-06 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yet another "successful" night for Rasheed out at the 3-point line, going 1-11.

    Kstat, you can argue he should be shooting out there as much as you want...but I really see no need for him shooting over 10 threes each game. Rasheed is just too damn good on the low block...I don't know why they didn't go to that all night long on Nenad Kristic. As an opposing fan, I love having Rasheed settling for outside jumpers behind the arc.

    Sure, he could go 9-10 next game from 3-pt land...but it's still not where I think he's best utilized. Let him take 4-5 / game...that seems good to me. There's just no need to have him chucking 11 up each night.

    Also, had the pleasure of watching that game on FSN Detroit. Wow - quite possibly the most annoying commentators I have had to listen to in quite a while. They complained about every single call or no-call by the refs, but would be owned by the replay.

    Vince almost, and it was real close...almost pulled off another "Olympic dunk" ala over the 7 foot Frederick Weiss on France. This time on Tayshaun, but just missed. However, I still think Rip is looking for his jockstrap after falling on the ground getting crossed over.

    Lastly, what is it with Tayshaun and Richard Jefferson? RJ really loves playing him...

    And this post was in no way, shape, or form meant to offend Pistons fans. Just a little recap from my perspective on the game.
    I agree with pretty much everything. When Sheed has it going from outside this team is unstoppable, but when he doesn't, he needs to suck it up and get in the post. His last 2 games have been attrocious from the three point line. It's tough to tell him to stop taking them all together though, because having that weapon the the PF spot really opens things up. And you can't really say "take this many per game", because you don't want him thinking about it when he's taking them. Which I think has happend lately. He's thinking about his previous misses, and it's throwing him off (kind of like a free throw slump).

    And yea, the FSN announcers are homers. As are most.

    You are also correct that RJ owns Tayshaun. He's just quicker and stronger than him, and that's a bad combo. I honestly couldn't tell you when the last time Tayshaun fouled out of a game was. I'm not sure he ever has. Untill tonight.

  25. #425
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: Random Thoughts NBA Edition Returns: 05-06 Thread

    Appreciate the feedback Kstat, and FreshPrince.

    Just finished watching the Kings game. Ron Artest has been given the reigns to run the offense in many instances, and he's having fun doing it. I think players enjoy playing the game in that kind of system...........I'll leave it at that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •