Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Thoughts NBA Edition Returns: 05-06 Thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Random Thoughts NBA Edition Returns: 05-06 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DG-33
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's not an All-Star though. Not all good players are All-Stars, you don't seem to understand that. He's a nice role player, but he's not an All-Star. All-Star big men score, pass, rebound and defend. Sheed does one of those, and he isn't even top-5 at that. His impact on the game isn't near what you make it out to be. Ask people in Portland the impact Rasheed had on their team
    Good player? Yes. All-Star? Not while JO, Bosh, Emeka, Howard, Webber, and Jamison are around. If Sheed does make it, it will only be a "Dale Davis Respect™" All-Star bid made possible via JO being out with an injury.
    Yeah yeah, I know, SHeed is one of the most overrated players in the NBA, blah blah....

Rasheed plays infinately better defense than anybody you just mentioned, and he's 1/2 of the most lethal pick-and-roll combination in the NBA.

If Rasheed was on those teams, he's be putting up better numbers. The fact of the matter is he's playing like an all-star within the system, and his team is 36-5.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Compare Austin Croshere to Rasheed Wallace.
    ...man, you haven't even given me the punchline to that joke and I'm already laughing...

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    What's funny is that DG-33 isn't Naptown Seth as best as I can tell. It's like pod people or something.
    It's seth, Hicks. It wouldn't be any more obvious unless he spelled it out. He's just posting from a different IP address.

Not that I care, though. He still says the same stupid things over and over again. I can live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    It's seth, Hicks. It wouldn't be any more obvious unless he spelled it out. He's just posting from a different IP address.

Not that I care, though. He still says the same stupid things over and over again. I can live with it.
    I think he & getodom were twins seperated at birth.Both are annoying.

By the way I see no problem w/Detroit having 3 or 4 allstars this year considering the rest of the East sucks.

Excuse me, but don't tell it to me like I'm a fool. Naptown had a ton of IP's during his stay, and none of them link to DG's. Before Seth, every new troll was declared "earl" in disguise. Sometimes it was, sometimes it wasn't.

DG-33

Quote Originally Posted by shags
    Is Rasheed Wallace in Portland now? Maybe I'll go ask people in Portland the impact Jermaine O'Neal had.

And the fact that you said Chauncey Billups is PROBABLY an all-star is one of the most ignorant statements I've heard on this board.
    The Rasheed and Jermaine situations in Portland were completely different, and you know that.
    Rasheed is a role player folks. The All-Star game is for the stars of the league, not role players. Sheed attempted to be a "star" in Portland and failed miserably. He just doesnt have the mentality for it.

How many defensive player of the year awards has Rasheed won? Any All-NBA defensive teams? And he's a jump shooting, 15 ppg PF who rebounds like a guard? So wheres the huge impact coming from? He can set a good pick? So could Greg Ostertag. He wasn't an all-star either.
    Just accept the truth, Rasheed is an overhyped role player, whos individual career has been a huge letdown. His "impact" is nothing more than the impact of a good role player who went to a team that was already in the conference finals before he got there and helped push them over the top.
    Replace Chris Bosh with Sheed in Toronto, and thats a 10 win team. Bosh gives them the offense, particularly inside, and rebounding Rasheed couldnt.

And the only reason I listed Billups as probably and not definantly is the absurd guard talent in the league.

So wheres the huge impact coming from?
    You can ask the NBA coaches that have to scheme against him, after they vote him into the all-star game.

DG-33

Ok i give up, Im not gonna waste my time arguing with an over the top homer. Rasheeds a great role player, nothing more. All-Stars are guys capable of leading teams, Rasheeds proven hes not capable of that. Portland slowly sank to the bottom of the league under Sheed, to the point they traded him for a loser and a bad contract. Atlanta gave him up for a mid-round 1st and Bob Sura(?). That should tell you something.

And Im done.

Sheed is an all-star in impact. He does all the "leadership" things that make this team run so well. He's the best shooting big man in the league, and he can absolutely terrorize guys like Tim Duncan and Jermaine O'Neal on both ends. He also streches the defense like crazy. Not to many 7 footers who are money from 3-4 feet past the 3 point line. Ask Chauncey who the Pistons MVP is. He points to Sheed each and every time.

Doesn't matter though, Sheed already said publicly that he doesn't want any all-star votes. He said he'd rather hang out with his wife and win titles.

Quote Originally Posted by FreshPrince22
    Doesn't matter though, Sheed already said publicly that he doesn't want any all-star votes. He said he'd rather hang out with his wife and win titles.
    Flip is talking Sheed into accepting it.

If Sheed gets voted in, he's going. There isn't an option to decline. Karl Malone tried that 5 years ago and Stern nearly had him beheaded.

Ok i give up, Im not gonna waste my time arguing with an over the top homer. Rasheeds a great role player, nothing more. All-Stars are guys capable of leading teams, Rasheeds proven hes not capable of that. Portland slowly sank to the bottom of the league under Sheed, to the point they traded him for a loser and a bad contract. Atlanta gave him up for a mid-round 1st and Bob Sura(?). That should tell you something.

And Im done.
    Yet it's funny that Portland made the playoffs every year Rasheed was on their team, and since the day he left they are 58-97.

Flip is talking Sheed into accepting it.

If Sheed gets voted in, he's going. There isn't an option to decline. Karl Malone tried that 5 years ago and Stern nearly had him beheaded.
    Still, I think him publicly stating he doesn't want to be an all-star will make coaches choose someone who really wants to be there (Bosh, Howard, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by FreshPrince22
    Still, I think him publicy stating he doesn't want to be an all-star will make coaches choose someone who really wants to be there (Bosh, Howard, etc)
    I doubt most coaches were paying attention. Sheed would have to go on ESPN or something.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Did anyone else see Wesley clank that 3 at the end of the game against the Wolves? The Wolves had the worst defensive mind freeze I've seen in a long time and left him wide open for the game tying 3 and he missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen
    Did anyone else see Wesley clank that 3 at the end of the game against the Wolves? The Wolves had the worst defensive mind freeze I've seen in a long time and left him wide open for the game tying 3 and he missed it.
    I saw it. Great play, terrible shot. Should have been Luther Head with the "fake handoff/shot".

Lamar Odom: Arrives Late for Game Due to 'Traffic Incident'

RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com
    Saturday, January 28, 2006

Update: Odom scored nine points and pulled down nine boards, but turned the ball over a season-high seven times in Friday night's win over the Warriors.
    Recommendation: Odom arrived just 45 minutes before tipoff after being involved in what he called a "traffic incident," the Los Angeles Times reports. "It happens," Odom said. "Leave it at that. Traffic infraction. They're all the same. There won't be no jail time served over it." On the court, Odom narrowly avoided a triple-double with turnovers Friday night, but on a more positive note, he added three assists, two steals and two blocks. Typically, Odom bounces back from mediocre scoring numbers after just two games, so fantasy owners shouldn't worry about his modest 17 points over the past two games. We'll monitor his status for any potential issues stemming from his late arrival to Friday night's game, as coach Phil Jackson said Odom's tardiness would be addressed on Saturday.

Updated on Saturday, Jan 28, 2006 4:36 pm EST

Why Not Us ?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Slade
    Lamar Odom: Arrives Late for Game Due to 'Traffic Incident'

RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com
    Saturday, January 28, 2006

Updated on Saturday, Jan 28, 2006 4:36 pm EST
    I need him on my fantasy team, dammit! No suspensions!

TONIGHTS SCORES:

CHA 97
    WAS 107

NYK 76
    PHI 91

NOK 95
    MEM 86

ATL 99
    CHI 111

MIN 88
    SAS 102

UTA 89
    DAL 103

NJN 104
    SEA 113

DEN 79
    LAC 112

POR 83
    GSW 98

CP3 is at it again!

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Cleveland wins again, this time at home against the Suns.

They're rolling, now.

They got the Bobcats on Monday. I think a smell a 3 game winning streak....
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Kobe at Detroit will be very interesting 2nite..

Kobe's been a decent road team of late, but Kobe hasn't won in detroit in a while. It'll be tough.

Cavs won again!?

I doubt most coaches were paying attention. Sheed would have to go on ESPN or something.
    As a Pacers fan who hates the Pistons (rivalry-wise) but yet respects them a whole lot let me just say this: I think the whole Pistons starting lineup deserves to be in the all-star game. Realistically though I don't even think 4 will get in. Ben and Chauncey are locks. After that I think Sheed has the best chance. I have heard people argue he is as crucial as Chauncey to that team. At first I thought they were kidding but after watching the Pistons some more I am not so sure anymore...Sheed is for real and comparing him to Austin Croshere, even by a Pacer fan, is just ignorant. Rip I think has an OK chance to make it, but I think most coaches will shy away from voting for 4 Pistons. This may actually cause there to only be 2 since many vote for Sheed or Rip and then not vote for the other just bc of this unwritten rule. Lastly I think Tayshaun is the league's scariest perimeter defender this side of Ron Artest. That length and speed...damn...images of ECF 2004...anyways, I love our rivalry with the Pistons and I think any Pacer fan who tries to belittle any Piston accomplishment is just jealous and a fool...

sweabs

*Waiting with anticipation for the Raptors VS Kings game to start...

The Bucks won again.