Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Thoughts NBA Edition Returns: 05-06 Thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Random Thoughts NBA Edition Returns: 05-06 Thread

Frye looks like the surprise of the draft to me. The kid needs to put on some weight, but he knows how to play.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

So did the Knicks win?
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Frye looks like the surprise of the draft to me. The kid needs to put on some weight, but he knows how to play.
    It's shocked the crap out of me - I was sure we'd drafted a decent bench player. I guess all that talk about Frye impressing Isiah in private workouts was true. And so far he looks like a better pick than Graham or Granger.

I still don't get it - I saw him play plenty in college - he doesn't even resemble himself.

Now if LB can just get Curry to bust his *** a little we might have a decent team by next season.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I hope Dale gets the start tomorrow in chicago, that would be great.
    I'd agree with you if the Pistons didn't have 5 off days until the next game. That's plenty of time to rest up, if that's what he needs. The Pistons are still a better team with Ben Wallace, even an injured one, IMO.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

Ben can still score and he's still quick, but without his shot blocking ability, we lack a real intimidator in the paint.

Dale's both an intimidator and a shot blocker. I'd love to see him in there vs the Bulls.

Tomorrow will be a very important game, because we won't play again at home for another 2 weeks. Gotta get off to a good start on the road.

How ridiculous is it that we play 13 of our first 19 games on the road? What genius thought up that schedule?

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Ben can still score and he's still quick, but without his shot blocking ability, we lack a real intimidator in the paint.

Dale's both an intimidator and a shot blocker. I'd love to see him in there vs the Bulls.

Tomorrow will be a very important game, because we won't play again at home for another 2 weeks. Gotta get off to a good start on the road.

How ridiculous is it that we play 13 of our first 19 games on the road? What genius thought up that schedule?
    You'll be thanking him when you play a ton of home games later.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ruben Patterson is an idiot.

Would Atlanta trade Harrington to New York for Crawford? Could he be worse at the point than Lue?

It looks like Darius Miles might actually give a damn this time around...

Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    Awww - come on now. Just admit it - he got owned on that play.

Even Laimbeer was surprised - he was expecting Ben to swat that one, but Ariza cauched it back and just hammered it down on his face.

If anyone can find video it would be much appreciated. I'm trying to collect some of my favourites this year - the only other dunk I have on file so far is Deron Williams over Ike Diogu (another good one).
    http://rapidshare.de/files/8520971/a...stons.zip.html

http://web.njit.edu/~sa27/ArizavsBig...tons120205.gif

sweabs

Wow - after seeing highlights from the Hornets / Sixers game, and the Desmond Mason dunk on Dalembert, I might have to think about dunk of the year!!! That was just wrong.

Anyway - the Hornets win another. How about that Chris Paul? Why are the Hawks so stupid? They could have drafted Paul (a point guard - a position they actually needed help with), and had a starting 5 with:

1) Chris Paul
    2) Josh Childress
    3) Josh Smith
    4) Al Harrington
    5) Zaza Pachulia

Geeze...and they went for the "hype".

sweabs

granger - MUCH THANKS. Okay, that dunk is still dunk of the year.

Damn - that's awesome. Thanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by granger
    Wow. That thing's been downloaded 500 times so far. Did you only post that here?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    Wow. That thing's been downloaded 500 times so far. Did you only post that here?
    nope. my friend tell me the link

I was just pulling up "Inside the NBA" from thursday on my DVR, only to find a late end to the Laker/Jazz game. That foul that let Kobe tie the game was bull****. He swung his arm down into Brown's hand, not the other way around. Should not be a foul, Jazz should have won the game right there.

Golden State has the 4th best record in the NBA. Unbelievable.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    I was just pulling up "Inside the NBA" from thursday on my DVR, only to find a late end to the Laker/Jazz game. That foul that let Kobe tie the game was bull****. He swung his arm down into Brown's hand, not the other way around. Should not be a foul, Jazz should have won the game right there.
    Ya, that was a complete bullsh*t call. I was watching that game and enjoying the Lakers losing........well they should have lost.

Mike Fratello is doinf another great job coahcing. Look at the Grizzlies record and lately they have been blowing teams out.

Fratello is a great coach. He's as good as any coahc in the NBA.

Darko Milicic is just a horrible player. I don't think I've ever commented on him because it was unfair to judge him on his past seasons. But from what I've seen this year, he is horrible. Lazy, slow, no energy, Joe D. has done a great job , but he made a major mistake with Darko. He'll never be anything more than an 8th or 9th man on a team and for the 2nd pick in the draft that is not good.

Raptors beat the nets...Bosh had a double double. and whats that?! The raptors have a streak..a winning one! W2.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    Darko Milicic is just a horrible player. I don't think I've ever commented on him because it was unfair to judge him on his past seasons. But from what I've seen this year, he is horrible. Lazy, slow, no energy, Joe D. has done a great job , but he made a major mistake with Darko. He'll never be anything more than an 8th or 9th man on a team and for the 2nd pick in the draft that is not good.
    But he's still a prospect and a potentially VERY good ... potential...

Anyway - he still has trade value, and eventually someone will bite. I'm not sure drafting a headcase like Carmelo Anthony, would've been better for the Pistons in the long run. I don't think JoeD was even looking further down, so between those 2 - I wouldn't say it's a clear-cut mistake. Not yet.

Darko's still the age of your average college sophmore. He just isnt mature enough yet on the floor.

I'd also be lying if I said I wasn't extremely disappointed with him right now. Darko has so much talent and he tries too hard to be unselfish.

That said, I said he would have no excuses this year and I'm sticking to it. I'm giving him the full season, and after I'll judge Darko by how he progresses. You expect him to improve as the season goes on.

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by PaCeRs_GuRL
    Raptors beat the nets...Bosh had a double double. and whats that?! The raptors have a streak..a winning one! W2.
    I'm telling you, they're not as bad as their record suggests. Bosh and Charlie V. present all types of matchup problems on the offensive end.

Then again, the Nets don't have anyone who can guard those guys - no one. Come to think of it, New Jersey has no interior defense to speak of - none. None of their bigs can block shots, and as soon as you present them with versatility they get blown by every time and have to foul.

The Nets just look horrible. I think their offense is even more stagnant than our "throw it into JO" routine.

Jose Caulderon continues to impress, who Babcock did sign...Babcock did get Joey Graham and Charlie V. in that Vince deal...Babcock did make that Mike James trade...Babcock did re-sign Mo Pete which is looking better each game...I'm not saying anything yet! He drafted Hoffa with the #8 pick after all, so that ruins it.

Although, Hoffa had a sweet pass last night to CB4 for the And1 play. Did anyone else see that?

Nets have the worst frontcourt in the NBA. It's not even close. Even Atlanta has better players up front.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck

I'm starting to agree with you. I think he'll be good if he gets to a team like Atlanta and gets about 30 minutes a night to play through his mistakes, but I'm almost convinced he will never do anything for us. Had Sheed and Dice not fallen in our lap like they did I think it would be different. But then we wouldn't have the title in '04, so it's a wash. We blew a number 2 pick because of it, but we won the championship. If we didn't have Dumars around I would be concerned about our future, but we do, so it really doesn't phase me.

Darko's problem is that he has no head for the game. He has no drive or instincts. He is an absolute physical marvel (Which is why everyone was drooling over him before the draft), but he just doesn't have that fire that it takes to win. Put Big Ben's heart in Darko and the NBA would have to change the rules. It would just be unfair.

Oh well, I'm more fired up about J Max right now than I've ever been about Darko (aside from his hype). I just want to get this Darko thing behind us, because untill that happens Maxiell will not play. I think Flip is just afraid to play Maxiell minutes and not Darko because of Darko's status as a number 2 pick. Max has been a flat out beast when he's out there. I know it's a BS stat, but he is 7th in league in points per 48 minutes (34.8), and he's 3rd if you get rid of the guys who have only played in 1 or 2 games. And he's shooting 64%. I know it's WAY to small of a sample size, and he's never going to score even close to that much, but he has been very promising in limited time.

I guess the raptors arent HORRIFICALLY TERRIBLE ... isnt Rose comin off the bench?? idk maybe i'm wrong but I thought I had heard that he was coming off the bench ..

Rcarey, what do you think about their coach?