Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: (report) Cavs may have signed Pollard

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default (report) Cavs may have signed Pollard

http://www.kingsfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14866

Another radio report, so take it for what it's worth, but many of them say they heard it.

Default Re: (report) Cavs may have signed Pollard

OHH NO.

Sign Antonio Davis

I like Pollard.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ill beleive it when i see it on NBA.Com or RealGM until then its only rumors

If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    @thatguyjoe84

Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ill beleive it when i see it on NBA.Com or RealGM until then its only rumors

That's why the thread title is Cavs MAY have signed Pollard.

If this is true...the Cavs gave him 2.2 mil? Wow. That's a bit much. And I like him. Didn't think he'd get more than the min anywhere.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

If it's true, that's too bad.

Mood

I hope it's not true, but it easily could be I guess.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I would've loved to keep him at the minimum, just because he's a cool guy. But, losing his abilities doesn't kill the team, because frankly, they were lost most of the season anyways.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Awww damn..now the fellas are gonna have to watch def comedy jam for comedy relief.

LoneGranger33 said
    Agreed. As the members of Guns and Roses once said, "every rose has its thorn".

Let's see..
    We've cut loose an oft-injured player...
    We've traded away a player that questioned the lockeroom
    We've traded away a player who tried to be a veteran presence and team leader

We're cleaning up this team.

-Bball
    O'Brien has been fired! Yay! What took so long?

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

woman without a team

Which will happen first? Al in a Pacers uniform for Scot in a Cavs uniform?

Noooooooo.

I'm going to miss Scots personality and his hustle when hes healthy, but those times were rare so I think its best we move on.

Jay Ohh

I'm just glad that I don't have to see his ugly *** one handed jumpshot anymore. he was cool though. Best Peja impersonation I've ever seen.

If he was really injured and unable to play all the games he missed then I agree letting him go was a good move. OTOH, I'm not so sure he couldn't have played more games than he did and Carlisle just opted not to use him.

Mike Brown should know the answer to that so it's curious he wouldn't nix this signing if he felt Scot could only play once in a blue moon.

-Bball
    O'Brien has been fired! Yay! What took so long?

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Mood

Well did they even have a backup for Z before this? Now Pollard could be seeing time every night, couldn't he?

Mood

This made me raise an eyebrow. I have the "Smiley Morning Show" on my clock radio, and Dave Smiley has become friends with Scot over the past couple of years. They have an hourly sports report thing, and Smiley started talking about Pollard. He said that there are rumors going around about Scot, but that nothing's been signed yet, and that he knew more but was told not to say.

The way he was wording everything, he made it sound like the Pacers are involved somehow. Maybe I'm hearing what I want to hear, but it made me think of the timing (re: Harrington) of this talk (and Smiley is NOT a sports guy, but he sounded like he knew something solid; I've listened to his show for years). I almost wonder if Scot has agreed to a sign and trade for perhaps a larger deal?

Again that's pure speculation, but the way Smiley was talking it just sounded "funny" to me. Could be absolutely nothing interesting, but since he said he knew more and couldn't say (and he's not a dick about this; he'd spill it if he could; he can't shut up ), and he made a point of saying a contract hasn't been signed yet, it almost makes me wonder if there really is more cooking than we thought with the Pacers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This made me raise an eyebrow. I have the "Smiley Morning Show" on my clock radio, and Dave Smiley has become friends with Scot over the past couple of years. They have an hourly sports report thing, and Smiley started talking about Pollard. He said that there are rumors going around about Scot, but that nothing's been signed yet, and that he knew more but was told not to say. The way he was wording everything, he made it sound like the Pacers are involved somehow. Maybe I'm hearing what I want to hear, but it made me think of the timing (re: Harrington) of this talk (and Smilely is NOT a sports guy, but he sounded like he knew something solid; I've listened to his show for years). I almost wonder if Scot has agreed to a sign and trade for perhaps a larger deal?

Again that's pure speculation, but the way Smiley was talking it just sounded "funny" to me. Could be absolutely nothing interesting, but since he said he knew more and couldn't say (and he's not a dick about this; he'd spill it if he could; he can't shut up ), and he made a point of signing a contract hasn't been signed yet, it almost makes me wonder if there really is more cooking than we thought with the Pacers.
    Yeah I always enjoyed listening to Scott or Smiley's stories about him on 99.5. And Smiley's sucky sports report. And you right about Smiley saying something if he could, so I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Why Not Us ?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Slade View Post
    Yeah I always enjoyed listening to Scott or Smiley's stories about him on 99.5. And Smiley's sucky sports report. And you right about Smiley saying something if he could, so I guess we will just have to wait and see.
    I have his cell#, maybe I should call him when I get home this afternoon if nothing's been announced/leaked yet?

Oh, and *raises fist*.

For the record... I like Pollard and don't want to see him traded. His skills are probably best described as marginal but his personality and attitude would be hard to replace.

FWIW, JMO

MIP for 2013-2014 season docpaul's Avatar

A lot of conversation going on here:

http://cavaliers.infopop.cc/eve/foru...1/m/8821066451

-Paul

I bet it IS all tied together, because we need to get Pollards hold against are cap # off if we are really approaching the luxury tax number before signing Al and possibly a player to the big exemption, maybe?

Technically, I think we could possibly have to renounce him, if we couldn't move him, ala Fred to take the number which is something like last years salary plus 20%, I believe. So this whole hold up may have been Pollard's fault!!

So Al coming here may be contingent on us moving Pollard and ATL getting Lo Wright, the Scott thing would explain the hold up and personally I would guess something for AL IS completely done or Tellum would have been pimping Al in every Paper in America to other teams instead its been quiet, a little too quiet.

Some of the posters on the Cavs forum are saying they don't have room to sign Pollard (too many players) but could do a trade for him. And Luke Jackson seems to be the odd man out over there. I'd much rather have MoPete, but have we found our shooter in Jackson?

edit: Thanks speed, its still a little early for me to be posting. I meant Pollard.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Some of the posters on the Cavs forum are saying they don't have room to sign Foster (too many players) but could do a trade for him. And Luke Jackson seems to be the odd man out over there. I'd much rather have MoPete, but have we found our shooter in Jackson?

You mean Pollard, I think

Bird really wanted to get Luke Jackson in the draft, supposedly that year too. He ended up really liking Ben Gordan and Luke could have been a smoke screen, but Luke Jackson was supposedly highly coveted by Bird.

Plus how tall is Luke...he's listed 6'7", but we could fudge to be 6'9" so he'd fit in.