View Poll Results: Are the Suns are a legitimate NBA title contender this season?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, even without Amare Stoudamire

1 6.25%
  • Yes, assuming Amare comes back this year

6 37.50%
  • No, because I don't think Amare will be back this year

0 0%
  • No, not even if Amare comes back this year

9 56.25%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 11/30/2005 Game Thread 14: Pacers at Suns

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 11/30/2005 Game Thread 14: Pacers at Suns

Quote Originally Posted by denyfizle
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i blame this loss solely on the PHOENIX SUNS. they defended. they came out firing. they frustrated us and made us play their pace. and it also helps their cause that we have a bonehead player named Stephen Jackson and Rick Carlisle waiting for our deficit which was cut by Fred, Sarunas and Artest in the 2nd quarter to 9, to balloon to 30 points before reacting and making any substitutions. but with the way the Suns were playing im not sure whether it would've even mattered much.
    I guess this makes the first team were actually beaten then, instead of just losing?

After not getting to the line in the first half, they get KILLED everytime they do in the second.

JO is looking like a mummy with all that ice wrapped on his knees.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    I guess this makes the first team were actually beaten then, instead of just losing?
    yeah. coz we beat ourselves in the games vs. Phila, Bucks, Charlotte and ATL. the SUNS totally outplayed us in this game however. i aint even hafta wink nor blink on that.

Angry Re: 11/30/2005 Game Thread 14: Pacers at Suns

what a ****ing joke of a game! I fast forwarded through most of the 2nd half and didn't even watch!

1st half, suns get 1st 8 points on layups for craps sake. Then the refs don't call a single foul on the suns when we take it to the hoop. I can't remember one ****ing foul being called on the suns even though Kurt Thomas commits a foul on nearly every possession. That ****er should've fouled out in the 1st half.

To make matters worse, we just sit their and whine to the officials about it....like its really going to make a difference. DO WHAT KARL MALONE OR SHAQ would do and take a knee into his gut and dunk it on that piece of **** Thomas. Jees this team is really STUPID!

Our starting five isn't very good. Hell, we played our best basketball against Cleveland with O'neal on the bench with foul trouble!

And who in the hell came up with the play where FOUR PLAYERS STAND AROUND THE 3 PT LINE WATCHING ONE PERSON PLAY AGAINST FIVE????!!!!! Dumbest ****ing thing I've ever seen! The one player, of course, misses the shot and our rebounders are standing around the 3 pt line dumbfounded that the one player couldn't get the rebound against five defenders.... HOLY **** we are stupid.

And to top it off, Sarunas comes in with Artest Jones and others and we outplay the Suns, then Sarunas doesn't play again??? Hell, he might have, but I fast forwarded to the end to see how bad we got beat!!

Paahking my caahr in Haahvad Yaahd... ;-)

Default Game recap - yahoo.com

Box Score

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2005113021

• Phoenix 109, Indiana 91

December 1, 2005

PHOENIX (AP) -- Steve Nash didn't intend to shoot a lot of 3-pointers. They just came naturally in the flow of the game.

"I wasn't looking for them, I don't ever focus on them," Nash said after scoring a season-high 31 points, including a career-high seven 3-pointers, as the well-rested Phoenix Suns beat the tired Indiana Pacers 109-91 Wednesday night for their fourth straight victory.

Coming into the game, Nash had hit only 12 of 42 long range shots in 12 games. This time, he was 7-for-8.

"I don't shoot that many in the summer, so it takes me some time to get into my rhythm," he said, after hitting 10-of-15 overall from the field.

The Suns now have the NBA's longest current winning streak, after holding an opponent under 100 points for the sixth straight game. During that stretch, the Suns have held opponents to an average of 88.3 points per game.

"Now, we're showing teams we can play defense," Shawn Marion, who added 21 points and 12 rebounds, said. Last season, Phoenix was the worst defensive team in the NBA, allowing 103.3 points per game.

Boris Diaw scored a season high-tying 17 for the Suns on 8-of-10 shooting and had eight rebounds and six assists. Kurt Thomas had 11 points and nine rebounds, and Eddie House scored 10 points.

Jermaine O'Neal topped the Pacers with 25 points and nine rebounds, Sarunas Jasikevicius scored 16, Fred Jones 13 and Ron Artest 12.

Nash, who finished with nine assists and eight rebounds, had a sensational first half, hitting all five of his 3-point attempts and scoring 18 points, to go with six assists and four rebounds as the Suns built a 61-44 lead. Phoenix's first-half total was one point more than the Pacers allowed in an 84-60 win at Utah on Tuesday night.

The Suns, who hadn't played since Friday, took advantage of the road-weary Pacers, constantly pushing the ball and capitalizing on Indiana's inability to get back on defense. Overall, the Suns hit 24-of-47 shots (51 percent) and outrebounded the Pacers 23-18 in the half. Marion also had 13 points, eight rebounds and three blocks in the half.

The Suns never trailed during the first 24 minutes, and an 18-7 run over the final 4:31 of the first period gave them a 35-17 lead at the end of the quarter.

"We didn't play well enough early to give ourselves a chance," Indiana coach Rick Carlisle said. "Our undoing was the first quarter, when we were outscored by 18. Our energy level wasn't where it needed to be early."

Perhaps that was because the Pacers were playing their third game in four nights on the road.

Indiana Pacers guard Sarunas Jasikevicius, of Lithuania, reacts to the Pacers turning the ball over while down by 32 points to the Phoenix Suns in the third quarter Wednesday, Nov. 30, 2005, in Phoenix. The Suns defeated the Pacers 109-91.

"We wanted to push the ball up and get a comfortable lead early," Thomas said.

"They were in back-to-back games and we wanted to make their legs heavier," Marion said. "We took advantage of what we had to take advantage of."

Nash added, "We didn't want to be sluggish after four days of practice. We didn't want them to force their slowdown game on us. They're better than us in a halfcourt game."

The Suns increased their opening advantage to as much as 20 in the second period. Indians then closed within 10, but Nash connected on two 3s and Raja Bell hit one in the final 4:15, restoring the commanding advantage before halftime.

Indiana did not attempt a free throw in the half.

Phoenix hiked its lead to as much as 34 points in the third quarter, with the help of a 17-0 run over a 5:15 span midway through the period. Marion began the run with a slam dunk and finished it with two free throws, while Nash hit his record 3-pointer. No player other than O'Neal, who had eight points in the third, scored for the Pacers until Jones made a layup with 2:42 remaining in the period.

Indiana never got closer than 16 points in the fourth quarter.

Notes

Carlisle was ejected early in the fourth quarter after incurring two technical fouls. ... Artest and O'Neal are both averaging more than 20 points per game. No Pacers teammates have averaged over 20 since Billy Knight (26.6) and John Williamson (20.7) in 1976-77, Indiana's first season in the NBA. ... James Jones played against Indiana for the first time since Phoenix acquired him from the Pacers for a second-round draft choice in August and scored two points, going 1-for-6. ... Artest leads the league in steals, while Nash is the NBA leader in assists and free throw percentage.
    Your horse is dead, get off it already...

I dislike reading recaps when we lose, it brings back all the bad feelings.

Revenge Date: March 30th 2006

Quote Originally Posted by PaCeRs_GuRL
    I dislike reading recaps when we lose, it brings back all the bad feelings.

Revenge Date: March 30th 2006
    Somehow I now have tickets to 2 revenge games. This one and Jan 11th against Milwaukee.

And if my prediction is right about Friday's game, mark February 8th down as well.