Thread: Bye Bye Tim Thomas

Default Bye Bye Tim Thomas

This was started by Vapacersfan on Digest II.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archiv...ne_in_chicago/
    -------------

This was posted by Eindar
    [quote author=eindar board=pacers thread=1133302337 post=1133303348]Is he really that much of a malcontent? Sure, he's overpaid, and he probably doesn't like getting DNP-CD's in favor of guys who have been in the league 3 or less years, but is he essentially locker room cancer? Would he complain if he were getting benched in favor of, say, JO here, or Duncan in SA?

On a side note, that's a rather large expiring contract, close to 14 million. You think JB + Pollard + a 1st would get it done? Would shave about 9 million off our books for 2007-2008, would still leave Chicago with a little bit of salary relief if they don't re-sign pollard, and puts them in the JB lottery on a team where he should get PLENTY of playing time, and with a coach who won't take any crap about soreness [/quote]

This was posted by Heywoode
    [quote author=heywoode board=pacers thread=1133302337 post=1133303475]I vote to approve the trade mentioned above!

TT always tore us a new one when he was a Knick...Maybe he would be happier coming off the bench for a winner?![/quote]
    ------------

My post

I'm all for swapping Bender for cap relief, but not Pollard. We need all our bigs, and Pollard doesn't complain about playing time.

I also think Tim would probably be behind Cro on the depth chart so he wouldn't play. That means he would complain about playing time.

Nope, I think that would be a bad trade.

What we really need to do is trade some of our excess for a starter and some vets that wouldn't mind sitting on the bench. That way Granger and Harrison can get more playing time. The problem with that is Carlisle would probably play the vets instead of Granger and Harrison.

More on my last post.

Now that Maglorie has been traded I don't see anyone out there that would be a real upgrade on our center spot. Our forward spots don't need upgraded so that means we would have to upgrade one of the guard spots, meaning Tins or Jackson the centerpiece of a trade.

Now the point in making a trade would be fourfold. One upgrading a position. Two, changing the mix so that Harrison and Granger could get more time. Three, giving us some viable vets off the bench that wouldn't complain. And four, fixing our chemistry.

I really think the chemistry is bad because we have to many good players. The right mix is to have an 8 or 9 man rotation. Have a couple young guys like Brezac that have potential but need to learn the ropes before they can play. And have about three vets that are past their prime but can deliver in a pinch.

I used Brezac as an example because when he first came to the Pacers he had potential, but wasn't ready yet. We need a couple of these type guys on the bench. Right now the argument can be made that we have at least 13 guys that can play. (I'm excluding Gill and Walker, but they too can play)

The problem is there are not many guards out there (if any) that are better than Tinsley and Jackson that would be available in a trade.

The people I would want to offer in trade are Bender, Johnson, Walker, Gill, and Tinsley or Jackson, and that in itself is a problem. How to turn these guys into an upgrade. Pin pointing a spot to upgrade is one thing, doing so in another.

For instant, how can you make an upgrade at shooting guard when the guy there is 6'8, can score and play good defence? How can you upgrade a point guard that brings all that Tinsley brings to the table?

Would we even want to trade them if they weren't so headstrong?

Sports Logo

Default Re: Bye Bye Tim Thomas

I hate Tim Thomas. Remember when he punched Jalen Rose in the mouth durring a Christmas game? He is right up there with Jarry Johnson for me.

The Bulls surely will only take salary back that expires this year. They want to be in the free agent market this summer.

I also agree we need to keep our bigs.

I might make that same offer to Zeke for Antonio Davis: Pollard, Bender and a first. Knicks would be the team most likely to accept that offer. Zeke rightfully likes draft picks and he gets an expiring contract in Bender to deal next season. We get a more versatile inside player and mucho luxury tax and salary relief next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hate Tim Thomas. Remember when he punched Jalen Rose in the mouth durring a Christmas game?
    I thought that was Kurt Thomas.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    I thought it was Isaiah Thomas

Why Not Us ?

Sports Logo

Could be I hate them both.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah it was Kurt Thomas. The stupid thing is that Jalen was ejected too and he didn't even retaliate.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

Quote Originally Posted by heywoode
    TT always tore us a new one when he was a Knick...Maybe he would be happier coming off the bench for a winner?!
    I was thinking of Kurt Thomas when I posted this....

as far as it goes, I was usually FOR someone punching Jalen!

RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace
    Yeah it was Kurt Thomas. The stupid thing is that Jalen was ejected too and he didn't even retaliate.
    Yes, but I believe Kurt ended up getting suspended for a game or two, and Jalen wasn't even fined.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace
    Actually, if I remember correctly, Jalen bloodied NBA Referee Dick "The Knick" Baveta's nose (maybe broke it) and that is what he was ejected for-because by doing that, he did retaliate (even though I thought it was a reaction in self-defense).

And I still blame Baveta because if he moved like he did above, Jalen would never been quick enough to make contact. He must have been working out recently? Bob and Weave, Bob and Weave! Always harder to hit a moving target

Quote Originally Posted by BigMac
    Actually, if I remember correctly, Jalen bloodied NBA Referee Dick "The Knick" Baveta's nose (maybe broke it) and that is what he was ejected for-because by doing that, he did retaliate (even though I thought it was a reaction in self-defense).

And I still blame Baveta because if he moved like he did above, Jalen would never been quick enough to make contact. He must have been working out recently? Bob and Weave, Bob and Weave! Always harder to hit a moving target

Sadly Big Mac you've got your incidents confused.

The Rose breaking Baveta's nose is one of the most embarrasing things I've ever seen. Jalen had raised the ire of the Gladiator Pat Ewing & was litterally back peddling as far & as fast as he could without turning around & running when Dick stepped in & then Jalen decided to act tough & pretend he wanted Ewing (knowing full well that Pat couldn't get to him) he reached out like he was going to strike Ewing & instead hit Dick right in the nose. Yes, sadly breaking it.

If you will recall Kurt forarmed Jalen in the face twice while Jalen just stood there. Which to Jalens credit he didn't react at all.

But then proceeds to go out & talk tough at the post game press conferance.