Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, how is everybody feeling about a month into the season?

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Default So, how is everybody feeling about a month into the season?

So, I'm wondering how everybody is feeling about their fantasy team about a month into the season?

I know I was worried about not having a healthy starting center (my best option WAS Francisco Elson ). I knew Dalembert would come back from injury, but I didn't know how long it would take and I was hoping to win 50% of the games until he came back.

Pretty soon after starting I knew I had to make a more structural reinforcement of my center position with a player that could also play Forward, so I would get some extra flexibility. I lost several close games and I wanted not to be too dependent on Samuel for the rest of the year when he was on the court.

I knew I was DEEP at Forward and above average at Guard, so I decided to trade some of that depth away for Rasheed Wallace, who isn't as much as most people expect, but he's definitely not bad at all either, guess I just had pretty realistic expectations in the end.

I think the trade worked out for both sides as my trading partner seemed to be needing depth more then anything else.

Since then I have started to turn slowly around and since now Dalembert is coming back, I'm feeling pretty good about my outlook. Offcourse one or two injuries to keyplayers could make an enormous difference, but that's always a risk you have. The league looks pretty tough btw, so I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.

So, how are the rest of you feeling about your team and its doings so far?

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Default Re: So, how is everybody feeling about a month into the season?

I'm pissed that Foster somehow disappeared off my roster and made it onto somebody else's, right when he was ready to come back.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm pissed that Foster somehow disappeared off my roster and made it onto somebody else's, right when he was ready to come back.
    Looks like you were carrying more than 12 after the trade and he and Walton were 13th and 14th in your lineup when a deadline hit..........

Oh, and my team stinks......

I feel like crap.

I've had games this year where I had 5-6 guys get DNP's because of injury.

My damn main gun (TMac) can't stay healthy. In general my team sucks.

History probably ain't on my side.

I believe that no team has ever won a fantasy title (or a real title BTW) with Chris Webber.

Not sure if a Shaq owner has won a fantasy title. He is notorious for missing late-season games.

The monstrous start of Gerald Wallace has helped me survive the Shaq injury way better than I expected, though Wallace also missed a week.

The inability to find backup centers that actually play is an issue for me. I considered Mourning on draft day at about the time he was taken, for Shaq injury insurance. P.J. Brown seemed a safer bet. If I had picked Mourning I'd be really rolling now.

My season rests on the health of Shaq, Webber, and maybe Shaun Livingston.

I'm feeling pretty good about my team. If I could stregthen up my center spot without losing much power anywhere else, I would be pretty happy.

I think the trade I made with Rcarey worked out pretty well for me too. I hope he's happy with how it worked out for him as well.

Now as long as Wade stays healthy and most the rest of my roster stays healthy I should be around the top most of the season, I hope....

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by Gyron
    I'm feeling pretty good about my team. If I could stregthen up my center spot without losing much power anywhere else, I would be pretty happy.

I think the trade I made with Rcarey worked out pretty well for me too. I hope he's happy with how it worked out for him as well.

Now as long as Wade stays healthy and most the rest of my roster stays healthy I should be around the top most of the season, I hope....
    Meh - I was just hoping to upgrade at the guard spot, and Eddie Jones was a nice upgrade from Marquis (nothing special though). Had I known that Doug Chrstie was going to retire, I probably would have thought twice about pulling the trigger but I'm not too upset with how it worked out. I had no room for Jared Jeffries on top of that.

Plus, I have Marquis in wayyy too many leagues - it's not fun with the same players!

The next game deadline is for game 18, out of 56 in the fantasy league season. That means we are a third of the way into the seaon, almost.

IT GOT LATE EARLY, as Yogi Berra said.

It may be time to consider what adjustments need to be made in your rosters to have a shot at making the playoffs. That's the goal. Records don't mean squat once the playoffs start.

I'm doing OK. So far having Barbosa, Pietrus and Alston out at the same time - roughly 85-90 guard minutes - hasn't hurt too bad. So I guess my depth is OK.

Gasol's been a monster, Ming's been a bit below what I was hoping and Gooden's been real solid. Still don't think I'm a real contender but it may get there.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

My lack of depth at the 1 and 2 spot is killing me. Delonte West and Salim Stoudamire are starting.....My frontcourt is stellar though. I'm happy witha Brad Miller, Abdur-Rahim, Okafor lineup. I've been trying to push Chris Kaman around abit, but nobody is interested, which I find more than a bit surprising.

I realized I was in trouble when I started checking updates on Jerry Stackhouse's knees and praying for Rueben Patterson to apoligize to his coach.

This has been my worst season yet of the last 3 I've been in the league.
    Dallas Clark>Tony Gonzalez

I really thought Brian Grant was a smart pickup. With Amare out, Grant should get minutes, right? Wrong.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Looks like my squad is quickly falling back to earth. After going 9-1 and being no lower then 3rd in FPPG, I have lost 2 in a row to Amsterdam and sitting 6th in FPPG.

Looks like the magic in J.R. Smith and Smush Parker is starting to fade....
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I feel ok about things. However, If Camby goes down, I am done for.

Quote Originally Posted by DrBadd01
    I feel ok about things. However, If Camby goes down, I am done for.
    Ya know what?

Marcus Camby can **** ** *** *** ***** ****** ****** ***** ***!

On to my roster....

One day I feel OK about it, the next I think it sucks from top to bottom.

C - Dan Gadzuric (MIL)
    CF - Chris Andersen (NOR)
    CF - Tyson Chandler (CHI)
    CF - Andris Biedrins (GSW)
    F - Ike Diogu (GSW)
    F - Anderson Varej„o (CLE)
    FG - Vince Carter (NJN)
    FG - Boris Diaw (PHO)
    G - Kirk Hinrich (CHI)
    G - Raymond Felton (CHA)
    G - Mike James (TOR)
    G - Devin Harris (DAL)

Gadzuric has been the odd man out in Milwaukee.

Andersen should be getting back to form for the Hornets.

Chandler has been way too up & down for as much as I count on him.

Biedrins was just picked up off the FA list to help cover my latest in a long line of completely stupid trades.

Peck was kind enough to drop Diogu to me. I'm willing to wait on this guy because later in the year he is going to be the star of my team.

Varejao won't be much help intil the playoffs..... if I can get in the playoffs that is.

Carter & Diaw are getting the lions share of my forward minutes. Carter could be doing better but Diaw has been a big surprise. I thought he would be the first guy I would cut. Thats one move I'm glad I didn't make.

Hinrich hasn't been as good as I had hoped.

Felton was drafted for use later in the year. I think he'll get better after the break.

James was only suppose to help cover minutes. He's been a surprise too, sometimes good, sometimes unpleasant.

Harris is my daily reminder that I'm an idiot. I should be allowed to scout, draft & pick up players but waiving players & trades should be left upto someone else.

I think I'll finish alot stronger than I started. I'm not real happy where I am but I think I'll be alot better by the start of the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Gnome
    Looks like my squad is quickly falling back to earth. After going 9-1 and being no lower then 3rd in FPPG, I have lost 2 in a row to Amsterdam and sitting 6th in FPPG.

Looks like the magic in J.R. Smith and Smush Parker is starting to fade....
    Damn! I keep getting "burned" by the Indiana Burners Arggh the IRONY!!!

Regards,

Mourning

I'll let you know how I feel when I get Amare back. Until then, it's going to be really rough.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    I'll let you know how I feel when I get Amare back. Until then, it's going to be really rough.
    I have Amare in the keeper league and have always assumed that I will not see a minute of him in my lineup this year. Joe Smith is out 2 months, and that might get him back BARELY in time and rehabbed for our fantasy playoffs, game 1 rosters are set 2/25. His surgery was pretty minor.

You realize that our playoffs start after 56 games of the NBA season, so you will have to make it into our playoffs without Amare, and then hope that he returns to help you some. You need to do everything possible in the next 2.5 months to catch Holden Beach, Havana, or New castle, the other teams directly above you in the top 8 in our conference.

Make the playoffs and strange things happen. Players go down for the season, teams go into rebuilding mode, teams coast for the playoffs, and strong teams above you may suddenly suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by pacertom
    I have Amare in the keeper league and have always assumed that I will not see a minute of him in my lineup this year. Joe Smith is out 2 months, and that might get him back BARELY in time and rehabbed for our fantasy playoffs, game 1 rosters are set 2/25. His surgery was pretty minor.

You realize that our playoffs start after 56 games of the NBA season, so you will have to make it into our playoffs without Amare, and then hope that he returns to help you some. You need to do everything possible in the next 2.5 months to catch Holden Beach, Havana, or New castle, the other teams directly above you in the top 8 in our conference.

Make the playoffs and strange things happen. Players go down for the season, teams go into rebuilding mode, teams coast for the playoffs, and strong teams above you may suddenly suffer.
    When I chose Amare, I think he was only projected to be out 2-3 months, and shortly thereafter it was changed to the All-Star Break. I'm still hoping he can get back a couple games before the break and be ready to do some damage by playoff time (for us).

I'm not sure how I feel about my team. I'd like a bit more consistency from a few guys (but I'm sure everyone wants that). My forward rotation isn't as good as I'd like it to be but that has time to change. It still seems like some NBA teams aren't very set w/ their rotations yet which makes speculation dicey.

Well, I'm happy about my team now. My center spot is finally healthy and after the reeinforcement that I made by adding Rasheed in a trade for some not needed depth at forward (for now anyway) and an underperforming backup CF, I'm starting to produce decent numbers from all positions. Don't know when Darius returns to duty, expecting it to take somewhile, hoping I won't get burned much by him beying off. But, right now I think I'm pretty fortunate regarding my injury situation overall.

Just took over the division lead a few days ago and widened the gap with the 2nd and 3rd placed teams there ... for now. I hope it stays that way, offcourse. Haven't looked at Denton and Roaming Gnome's injury situation, but it's bound to be pretty bad, because I can't really explain otherwise what's happenning to them.

I was pretty happy when I looked at the 5 game winning streak ... then I looked down and saw The Oakland Oaks team winning streak... YIKES! 11 games!??

Just looked into that teams structure, looks pretty formidable. Good job, Kerosene.

Hope, everybody is still liking the game? Including some of the newbies to this system, like me.

Regards,

Mourning

W3 - Look out world!!!......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Uh, let's see - I started off hot so I decided I could hold onto Pietrus, Barbosa & Alston until they got healthy which in each player's case was originally slated to be from 2-4 weeks. Wasn't going to get anything better off waivers so why not?

Barbosa re-injured himself and I dumped him. Alston and Pietrus still haven't played - and now Yao's out for a few weeks.

Ain't looking good - and no, this isn't a call for folks to offer me Trenton Hassell for Yao.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

How about Luke Walton for Yao?

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    Ain't looking good - and no, this isn't a call for folks to offer me Trenton Hassell for Yao.
    I'm waiting for your drugs to be in full swing before I send over the Hassell for Yao offer.............
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731