Thread: I really liked this lineup tonight

Default I really liked this lineup tonight

First of all every lineup worked tonight. But even so, there was one that I really enjoyed. This is a lineup I could get excited about

Saras
    Fred
    Granger
    J.O.
    Foster

Not sure we've seen much of that yet this season until tonight, but I liked what I saw. The energy that Jeff and DG bring is incredible and if Fred is hitting his shots, that just seems like a very likeable lineup.

Anyone else a little sad to see what has become of the Kings. They were always fun to watch and their crowd is the best. When are they going to fire Adelman, I mean come on.

Default Re: I really liked this lineup tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Anyone else a little sad to see what has become of the Kings. They were always fuin to watch and their crowd is the best. When are they going to fire Adelman, I mean come on.
    They are remarkably easier to guard with Chris Webber gone.

Horologist Extraordinaire t1hs0n's Avatar

I was just talking about the same lineup with my brother as we watched the game.

D/ball movement/post play/outside shooting/activity on the boards
    That group brings it all to the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck

Anyone else a little sad to see what has become of the Kings. They were always fun to watch and their crowd is the best. When are they going to fire Adelman, I mean come on.

Yes. Their fans deserve better. Adelman has to go.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

the lineup i love but i dont think i have seen yet is...freddie at point (can create), jax at 2 (u saw what he can do tonight and brings d), granger at 3 (another foster with more skills offensively), Jo at 4 (JO enough said), and Foster at 5 (looks like hes finally getting in game shape)....i think this would be an outstanding lineup

Horologist Extraordinaire t1hs0n's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dagrubbs
    the lineup i love but i dont think i have seen yet is...freddie at point (can create), jax at 2 (u saw what he can do tonight and brings d), granger at 3 (another foster with more skills offensively), Jo at 4 (JO enough said), and Foster at 5 (looks like hes finally getting in game shape)....i think this would be an outstanding lineup

I don't think the ball movement would be the same with a swap of jax to the 2 and freddy to the point. Too many "isolate and take my man off the dribble" players on the floor at one time.

Sports Logo

Wait a sec...did Sarunas start ahead of AJ this game?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC
    No, but he did play 8 min more... and of course played much better than AJ...
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

UB, why is it all about firing Adelman? He's done some pretty remarkable jobs throughout the league, including Portland and I think he's always a well spoken individual. Why can't the Kings have a few down years without us looking for a man's job?
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

Quote Originally Posted by VF from kingsland
    Adelman in the post game:

Go ahead and ask questions. I'm at a loss. I don't understand that one.

...What happened?

I don't know. We didn't compete. I can't understand how we played well two nights ago and then came out tonight with an effort like that. Everybody in that room is going to have to look at themselves and try and figure out what's going on.

He is very upset about how they simply let Jackson continue to shoot open threes. He says, "Knock him down. Do SOMETHING. You can't just sit there passive and let him shoot threes."

"We're not that good right now. We're acting like we win a game and it's okay. And it's not. If this doesn't at least open some eyes that this isn't good enough...Our main people are gonna have to do a helluva lot better than that."

You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Paahking my caahr in Haahvad Yaahd... ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC
    No, AJ started, UB is just saying that he preferred that particular lineup with Sarunas on the floor
    Your horse is dead, get off it already...

It hasn't been very often this year that we could say we have a good bench. But tonight the performance from those who didn't start was terrific, even excluding the work of JO who did not start either.

Freddie, Sarunas, and Jeff played well.

On the other hand so did starters Steven Jackson and Danny Granger, and I'm not just talking about the scoring. The team work, rebounding and defensive effort were all good.

What I liked the best was the energy that the team played with. Compared to this game all the other games the players looked like they were sleepwalking. (yes a little hyperbole here) First and foremost I want the Pacers to play with energy all the time and that is why I love Artest and Foster so much and that is why I generally like energy players.

That is a great lineup...but heres the biggest reason why...RUNI AT POINT GUARD. Not only does he embrace the position, but he has played it for years! I am so glad Carlisle seems to be giving Runi more PG time.

I think that should be our starting lineup honestly.

Runi,Fred,Granger,JO,Foster.

Sjack being the 6th man would be great. He wouldn't miss a beat, he would get a lot of shots with the 2nd unit.

And we can bring Tins off the bench too, thats 2 guys off the bench who can create offense. Something worth considering.