Thread: Pacers article in WASHINGTON POST: focuses much on Ronnie

Default Re: Pacers article in WASHINGTON POST: focuses much on Ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Artest explained his antics at the end of the first quarter. The fan "was hating, but when I went over there, he saw my hand, he couldn't pass on the opportunity," Artest said with a smile.
    Artest converted a hater!

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

"They're just faking the funk"

Best Artest quote ever

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PTstyle272
    why can't he answer the question? is he saying its stupid to even ask if he did it on purpose so he's not even gonna waste his time on it?
    That's how I interpreted it, and frankly, Ron was being kind to answer the question is such a diplomatic way.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Of course it's to stupid to answer. Who would honestly want Shaq to land an their foot? I mean come on, that would be like throwing an anvil on your foot.

Am I the only one who remembers Shaq breaking Brad's foot? Ron may be nuts, but he's not that nuts.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    Am I the only one who remembers Shaq breaking Brad's foot? Ron may be nuts, but he's not that nuts.
    I remember someone bringing up that same point in another thread, so no, your not alone.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Artest added that he had no problems with Stern. "I know him. He's cool. He's a cool cat. I think he's from the hood."
    This part cracked me up.

ekedolphin

Yeah, I'd imagine Ronnie will get a lot of attention from the media, almost as if they're waiting with baited breath for the next time he flies off the handle. If Ronnie proves he can play it cool, eventually that kind of attention will lessen, I hope, and people will be able to focus more on "Hey, this guy's a pretty good player."

Of course the taint of that night in Auburn Hills will never fully be washed away. But I hope that with time, it'll be less of a story than it is now. In any event, the Pacers are focusing on this year, and that's obviously exactly what they should be doing.

As for Artest's quote about Shaq and the incident... There is absolutely no way to make any judgement on wtf he is saying. MAYBE if we could hear him say it... or read/hear some further comments... we could better translate. Otherwise it can mean whatever anybody wants it to mean.

I'm going to have to use the Uncle Buck method of just not paying attention to what Artest says. At least in this case.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

I wonder who asked?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

woman without a team

Artest added that he had no problems with Stern. "I know him. He's cool. He's a cool cat. I think he's from the hood."
    We already know how well they get along. Anyone remember the lunch the had in New York the end of February?

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/s...595#post150595

[The scene: last week, the commish's office]

Commish: [answering intercom on his desk] Yes, [insert name of commish's secretary].

Secretary: Excuse the interuption your Holiness, but Ron Artest is on line one.

Commish: [picks up the phone] Hello Ron. What can I do for you? [salivating at the though of telling Ron there is no way in hell he'll be allowed back this season.]

Ron: Hello, Mr. Stern. I'm going to be in New York this weekend visiting family. And since I'm going to be in the neighborhood I thought maybe you and me could have some fun.

Commish: [visibly drooling at the thought of going clubbing with a music mogal like Ron Artest] Just what did you have in mind, Ron?

Ron: Well, Mr. Stern, we have this thing here called the Pacer Digest. My man Anthony lurks there for us. Anyway, there's this one dude Uncle Buck who claims you and I are having a meeting on Monday. He's usually right about stuff like this so I thought I should call you and invite you out to lunch.

Commish: That's very nice of you to offer, Ron. Be at my office at noon on Monday. We'll send my secretary to the vending machine to get some snacks.

[the scene: Monday at the Commish's office. The commish and Ron are sitting on the floor drinking diet coke and eating out of a big bag of potato chips. "All My Children" is on the TV.]

Commish: Susan Lucci. She's hot.

Ron: For her age sir, she's smokin'.

Commish: [during commercial] So Ronnie, how often does my name come up on this Pacer's Digest?

Ron: I don't know exactly how often you're mentioned by name or in ephegy, but you're always there in spirit, sir.

Commish: Let's get on line and see how many threads our meeting is generating.

Ron: O.K. [Ron agrees hesitantly, worrying that the Islamic site will pop up again]

Commish: Oh look, a pacemates thread. You know Ronnie I've always thought the pacemates are the hottest chicks in the league.

Ron: [surprised] Hotter than the Miami dancers, sir?

Commish: If I wanted to watch silicone giggle I'd have my secretary do jumping jacks.

Ron: Well sir, if you think our pacemates are hot check this out.

Commish: Ashley

Ron: Sir I really think you should sit down before you pass out.

Commish: I have to meet this goddess of timeouts. You have to help me, Ronnie. [falls to his knees]

Ron: [helps Commish back into his seat] I'd like to help you, sir, but Ashley already has quite a following sir. I'm afraid if I brought her to you the people on the board really would kill you.

Commish: There has to be something we can do. I know, I'll arrange it so that has been Dale Davis can play for the Pacers again. Everyone will be so preoccupied with their assumptions that he's the second coming they won't even notice the goddess is gone.

Ron: [shake head no] That would only work with that Peck guy.

Commish: [angry] All right, fine! [secretary runs in with paper work] Not that kind of fine, [insert name of secretary]. Get me Vern Fleming on the phone. [secretary leaves]

Ron: [] Sir, the Dale Davis thing is a good idea, but Vern Fleming? What's next? Are you going to bring Roger Brown back from the dead?

Commish: Don't think I can't do it. If I can keep everyone quiet about me paying off the refs I can raise the dead too! [phone rings, commish picks it up] Vern? How's he coming?...I know he's capable of using correct English. He did at my luncheon...Tell the Wise One I want The Letter by the end of the week. [hang up]

Ron: Sir?

Commish: Have a seat Ronnie. What I'm about to tell you cannot leave this room. I must have Ashley. To that end Larry Bird will write a letter to me asking for your reinstatement. I, being a benevolent God, I mean commishoner, will, out of the goodness of my heart, allow you to come back. In turn, Pacer fans everywhere will rejoice. I will be able to once again show my face in Conseco. I will be able to see my dear Ashley. All will be right with the world.

Ron: Mr. Stern I do want to play again more than anything, but I have to be honest. I can't sacrifice Ashley. Not even to feed my family. We'll survive on what I make as a model. Really, I can wait until next year.

Commish: It is not for you to decide, bipolar man. I speak it. It will be so.

Quote Originally Posted by obnoxiousmodesty
    That's how I interpreted it, and frankly, Ron was being kind to answer the question is such a diplomatic way.
    Right and ever after the game Artest made it a point to check on Shaq in the Miami locker room... But that coindcientally did not make too many headlines...

Why Not Us ?