Thread: You know whats funny?

Default You know whats funny?

How when you are watching Sports Center before they show the highlights, they have a segment of tiny clips thats show random incidents from all sports and then the ESPN commentators announce them.

Well after the heat game last night, I was watching SportsCenter this morning. It was the start of SportsCenter for that hour and it showed the clips and one of them was Artest slamming the ball on the ground making him look like a madman and then hearing the commentator be like, HOW ARTEST HURT SHAQ! I just find it funny that Shaq gets away with throwing a ball at David Harrison yet Artest cant slam the ball on the ground or go up for a rebound without purposely hurting Shaq or doing some other crazy thing.

Just thought it was funny, Just turn on SportsCenter today and you'll see it.

Default Re: You know whats funny?

What is this Sportscenter you refer to? [Bones]I don't know what that means.[/Bones]
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

[QUOTE=Moses] HOW ARTEST HURT SHAQ! QUOTE]

Mrs. RWB said she heard the same thing on ESPN. I thought she was bsing.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I was wondering what ESPN would say about this.

Can't say I'm surprised they'd take this approach.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Mood

I can't believe they managed to lower my opinion of them yet AGAIN. I didn't think it was possible after last season. That's unethical journalism.

Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good way to get people to watch. They're an entertainment channel masquerading as a news channel, just like every other 24 hour news station on TV. Smart.

Second line.
    ESPN came about as a betters/bookies channel. It was all about up to the minute scores for betting purposes. That's why they've always given inordinate amounts of attention to boxing and horse racing and betting lines. They used to give odds but I think the government(FCC?) cracked down on that.
    Poker as a sport??????????????????????????????????

Sportscenter is the root of all that is evil and wrong in sports.

Nothing more needs said.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

And why did I use 4 words starting with "c" in a row?
    Coincidence?

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

But.....did sports go downhill because of Sportscenter? Or did a rapidly changing cultural climate change sports enough to create something as mind-boggingly stupid and instant-gratification driven as Sportscenter?

And why did I use 4 words starting with "c" in a row?
    Or maybe Chris Berman is satan. Now kneel to me peon, pledge your soul and I'll give you a new name. You shall now be known as Fred "Sanford' Jones. Come over here Ben "Bennie and the Jets" Wallace. Now that you have come to the dark side Reggie "No I'm not Mr. October" Miller please set beside me.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Quote Originally Posted by PacerMan
    Poker as a sport??????????????????????????????????
    Yeah, I think it was Woody on Cold Pizza that said that Poker is a sport, and those guys are athletes, but Lance Armstrong is not, Give me a break.
    Life without water is tough, life without air is hard,life with one leg only is wobbly, Life without Reggie Miller, is impossible.

Do Not Trade Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Brunner
    Veteran Austin Croshere, the longest-tenured Pacers player on the roster, has proven reliable when called upon, invariably ready to step in regardless of the circumstance.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 8.9_seconds
    Yeah, I think it was Woody on Cold Pizza that said that Poker is a sport, and those guys are athletes, but Lance Armstrong is not, Give me a break.

Only from the "great" Woody Paige.

That show is absolutely awful. Anytime you mix Paige with Skip Bayless, you know you have a loser of a show on your hands.

I don't know if anybody else noticed, but Shaq wasn't throwing the ball at DH for the heck of it. He was falling out of bounds and threw it at DH's legs to try to get an out of bounds call on the Pacers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ev_eezy
    I don't know if anybody else noticed, but Shaq wasn't throwing the ball at DH for the heck of it. He was falling out of bounds and threw it at DH's legs to try to get an out of bounds call on the Pacers.
    I don't know if anybody else noticed, but after Shaq threw the ball at him David did a good impression of himself last year in Memphis .......

Two points

1. Ev_eezy is correct. Shaq was throwing the ball at Harrison as he was falling out of bounds. I went over this in my lost odd thoughts post but I haven't mentioned it since. It looked bad but IMO Shaq was throwing it down towards his lower torso/legs area. If he wanted to bean D.H. with it he could have.

2. I can proudly say, other than for a few brief moments last season after the brawl, I have not watched one moment of Sportscenter since I got NBA tv. I feel cleaner, the world looks nicer & I am much more happy because of it.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Yeah NBATV is the way to go. ESPN is pure trash.... although PTI is tolerable, if only because of those nice 5 minute interiews.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    Two points

1. Ev_eezy is correct. Shaq was throwing the ball at Harrison as he was falling out of bounds. I went over this in my lost odd thoughts post but I haven't mentioned it since. It looked bad but IMO Shaq was throwing it down towards his lower torso/legs area. If he wanted to bean D.H. with it he could have.

2. I can proudly say, other than for a few brief moments last season after the brawl, I have not watched one moment of Sportscenter since I got NBA tv. I feel cleaner, the world looks nicer & I am much more happy because of it.
    You have evilness in your sig. Evilness I tell you.

ESPN has gone downhill. I only watch the NFL coverage, which isn't too bad.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    You have evilness in your sig. Evilness I tell you.

ESPN has gone downhill. I only watch the NFL coverage, which isn't too bad.

Just as long as you don't watch them for NCAA football coverage. I don't know why they just can't say that all the teams are pretty good and leave it at that. But nooooo, they have to tell us who they think are the better teams.

It's just to get people to watch. The casual NBA fan (or a fan of any other team) is waiting or maybe even hoping to see Ron do something stupid. The media knows that's what the public is buying so that's exactly what they're going to sell. It's sad but unfortunately true.