Thread: Shaq will miss two to four weeks with a sprained right ankle

Default Shaq will miss two to four weeks with a sprained right ankle

Posted on Fri, Nov. 04, 2005

Ankle sprain sidelines Shaq six to 13 games

BY BARRY JACKSON

bjackson@herald.com

Heat center Shaquille O'Neal will miss two to four weeks with a sprained right ankle, the team said Friday.

An MRI on Friday revealed the sprain.

O'Neal suffered the injury when he landed on Ron Artest's foot when attempting to grab a rebound in the fourth quarter of Thursday's loss to Indiana. In O'Neal's absence, Alonzo Mourning will start at center.

The Heat went 6-3 when O'Neal was out last season. If he's out two weeks, O'Neal would miss six games. If he's sidelined four weeks, he would miss 13, putting him on pace to return for a Western road swing which includes a trip to San Antonio.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/13082471.htm

Why Not Us ?

Default Re: Shaq will miss two to four weeks with a sprained right ankle

Wow. Props to Reggie. Moments after it happened he called it a "monther". Looks like he will end up being pretty close.

This team is set to implode real fast now. Dwayne wade will be demanding the ball, Jwil and Antoine will cry.

Should be interesting.

Yep, adds more credibility to Reggie's announcing career.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Sports Logo Sports Logo

What's funny is, I just called him out for making that statement in the Reggie thread.

I still don't think he should attempt to make those type of calls though.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

For all the grief Bender gets on here, only Shaq could miss up to a month due to a sprained ankle.

Btw, this is a fantastic chance for us to nab a 2-0 lead on Miami. I hope we do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    For all the grief Bender gets on here, only Shaq could miss up to a month due to a sprained ankle.

Btw, this is a fantastic chance for us to nab a 2-0 lead on Miami. I hope we do it.
    Dude, he weighs 300+ pounds, and most guys that twist their ankle like that are out at least a month. It's a pretty common baskeball injury (at least at the gym I play at).

I had a very similar injury (I went up for a rebound and came down on someone's shoe). The pain was so bad that first night I thought I had broken my ankle. I couldn't do anything with it physically for 3 weeks, and then my ankle was really weak for about 6 months afterward (I'd give myself light sprains every couple of weeks on the same ankle, that would put me out for a couple of days).

Shaq's also in his mid-30s.

"Like [Jonathan Bender], AMC's Pacer was supposed to be fitted with a rotary engine--but both rotaries had technical problems late in their development (read: after incurring heavy research costs) that prevented them from seeing the light of day. Of course, both vehicles had plenty of problems that did reach production. The Pacer was a dud in terms of quality, execution and particularly styling. Make your own assessment about its bizarre proportions, but don't miss the one door that's bigger than the other."

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Diesel has a flat......... oh the irony.

They will be alright in the regular season without him, but I question what happens once he returns. They will have had the entire first month of the season to get accustomed to playing without him. What happens when he's back and wanting the ball force-fed to him? Could be nasty.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Absolutely.

I'll never wish permenant injury on another team's best player, but I'll never cry if they have to sit out when they play us.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    They will be alright in the regular season without him, but I question what happens once he returns. They will have had the entire first month of the season to get accustomed to playing without him. What happens when he's back and wanting the ball force-fed to him? Could be nasty.
    It could end up very nasty. I would be very uneasy if I was a Heat fan. Shaq is going to miss one of the most important parts of the season when it comes to creating chemistry with your team.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    If they don't get the ball to shaq early and often, they deserve to lose.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles
    If they don't get the ball to shaq early and often, they deserve to lose.
    Exactly, I felt Miami shot themselves in the foot for not getting Shaq more touches. Our defense wasn't good enough to keep Shaq from getting the ball more down low. Austin should have fouled out in 12 minutes of play.

Considering Reg wasn't right for two years due to his sprained ankle, I wouldn't be making fun of someone missing a month for one.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

woman without a team

I'd like to know what shoe Ron was wearing. Just about anybody who gets stepped on by Shaq ends up with broken bones. Ron plays very well for someone who has a lead foot.

Quote Originally Posted by grace
    I'd like to know what shoe Ron was wearing. Just about anybody who gets stepped on by Shaq ends up with broken bones. Ron plays very well for someone who has a lead foot.
    Maybe he's got some Lehigh boots like I wear at work. They've got a composite toe and metatarsal guards so you don't break your foot when something really heavy, say 300 lbs, lands on it.

EXACTLY what I was thinking!