Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So how long until the conspiracy theorists ...

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Default So how long until the conspiracy theorists ...

... in Miami claim that Ron was somehow at fault for putting - or even puposefully put - his foot under Shaq and "caused" his injury?

I don't think Ron needed to be at the center of any more controversy, even if it is a stupid controversy.

Default Re: So how long until the conspiracy theorists ...

Already happening at Realgm.

It makes me think about when Brad was injured by putting his foot under Shaq. I hate to see anyone hurt but I do see some irony in it.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

Harmonica

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ... in Miami claim that Ron was somehow at fault for putting - or even puposefully put - his foot under Shaq and "caused" his injury?

I don't think Ron needed to be at the center of any more controversy, even if it is a stupid controversy.
    http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=432047

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=432045

i say we get artest suspended for good
    this team needs to find it's heart and some how retaliate against that dirty SOB
    when a player comes over and extends his leg under a player who is in the air, it doesnt make sense not to think it was intentional, especially with the look artest had on his face. cant know for sure, but if you dont see how easily it could of been intentional, then you have a problem.

What's really funny is how upset they all are over Reggie's announcing - two threads about it even. High comedy.

IndyToad
    Revived for ten minutes

sweabs

Interesting thread. This was the first thing that popped into my mind as well; I turned to my brother and said "Just wait...this is all going to be Ron's fault in a few days". I doubt that the national media makes any big spectacle of the event (how it was supposedly Ron's fault), but from the moment it happened I suspected Heat fans to take that approach.

I watched the replay a couple of times and Ronnie was clearly on his way into getting the rebound. Anyone who is suggesting otherwise is out to lunch, and just looking to use Ron as an easy scapegoat. I'm sure it won't be the first time this year that Ron is placed in such a role by opposing fans.

Now, if you're looking for a legitimate example of what some Heat fans are trying to claim what Ron did, please see Bruce Bowen.

The reason Ron's face is so nonchalant is because he was looking at the ref when he called the foul. Shaq was in the air, and Ron just took a step to slow himself down. If there hadn't been a foul called, Ron would have jumped or slid to the side to steal the ball. It was just a bunch of events that unfortunately led to this.

Of course no one is gonna take into consideration of all of this. He did it on purpose
    AKA Sactolover05

Revis1on

It's happening on the Heat.com message boards too. What's funny is Shaq and Ron have a working relationship, Ron went to the Heat locker room after the game, and not once did Artest look down at foot placement over the series of actions.

I dont understand why people dont get that he was probably trying to grab a rebound but Shaq landed on his foot!? I really dont think Ron would like having that big of a guy land on him!

Wow...
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I just HAD to stir the pot a little. I added this to the thread on RealGM

"While we're at it, where was the tech when Shaq flung the ball at David Harrison. Imagine the reaction had Artest done the same."

(snicker snort) Just doing a little fishing, something I NEVER do....but this urge just came over me and and I saw purple...well maybe it was magenta....ya know really it was more of a mauve with taupe highlights.........
    If you get to thinkiní youíre a person of some influence, try orderiní somebody elseís dog around..

IMHO it was a great move by Ron.... pretty much took away home court advantage for the Heat for the playoffs. So any game 7's at Conseco.... way to think ahead Ron. What a player, already working on home ct throughout the playoffs why wait till April to do it.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

The above post is sarcasm
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Stupidity, pure stupidity. I can't believe some people. Ron didn't injure Shaq on purpose. I am just amazed at how stupid some people can be.

Ask Vern Fleming if it's a good idea to risk Shaq falling on you. That damn Shaq should be banned for trying to fall on Ronnie Artest and crush him.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

some quotes from the BB.net forum
    Tinsley scares the hell out of me. GP looked pretty good on him though...
    Sarunas has a evil look to him

he could ball though. A lot better player than I thought. I thought he was just a shooter but he has a good game off the dribble as well

Oh. My. God.

And we lose because of Ron Artest's foot

he learned that from reggie. someone jumps, plant your foot under him, artest did that intentionally. reggie did it to 100 guys in his career.
    there was no reason for artest to put his foot there since shaq was jumping straight up and ron had absolutely no chance of getting position for a rebound. think about it
    http://www.basketballboards.net/foru...9&page=2&pp=15

Why Not Us ?

as soon as i saw the thread i knew what it was about. some miami fans will be determined to believe whatever fits in their minds as the most comfortable conclusion. i think tinsley landed on a guys foot last season and it took him out for a while. i have landed on a guys foot too and it took me out for a month.
    sheesh- these things can and do happen to anyone who plays. i wonder if some of those idiots would be so pissed if it had been one of their scrubs and not shaq who got hurt?

Not that I like to see ANYONE get hurt but did you guys see the look on the fans faces when they were taking him out? Unreal, total shock. That "our season is over" look. Although it's not of course.

Good ole SC saying, "see how Ron Artest injures Shaq"

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Are you kidding me? The thought that Ron did something intentionally on that play never occured to *me*.

Hey, we've all seen Ron play dirty and make cheap-shots at times in the past, but that seemed to happen waaayy too fast to be purposeful.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Harmonica

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    I just HAD to stir the pot a little. I added this to the thread on RealGM

"While we're at it, where was the tech when Shaq flung the ball at David Harrison. Imagine the reaction had Artest done the same."
    Heh-heh. I took it a step further:

"I wouldn't expect anything less from fans who live in a state where they can't read simple voting ballots."

woman without a team

I didn't realize Shaq stepped on Ron's foot until the announces said he did. Then my thought was "Why the hell isn't Ron's foot broken?" This has got to be the first game where Shaq hasn't injured one of the Pacers.

I had to laugh when Reggie said it looked like "a monther." Then the Miami PR guy said Shaq would be "day-to-day." If he played for the Pacers it would be "month-to-month."

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    Are you kidding me? The thought that Ron did something intentionally on that play never occured to *me*.
    It occurred to me as they were playing the replay over and over... but I didn't want to believe it. And once the thought occurred I saw nothing in the replay to give it legs...
    As a matter of fact...
    I think Shaq was intentionally trying to step on Artest's foot. He was going to "Brad Miller" him. Shaq has a history of that, you know? It just backfired on him. He's a dirty player with his own set of rules.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

TOO much for my innocent ears.

DO PEOPLE REALLY BELIEVE HE DID THAT!?! THATS SCAPE-GOATING TO THE FARTHEST EXTENT! If the Heat would have won that game there would not be as much blaming on Ron for something he didnt purposely do!

that play happened so fast. artest was just reacting and trying to get the rebound. there is no way he had enough time to actually think about putting his foot in certain place so that shaq would land on it and get hurt. even the suggestion of it is ridiculous.