Thread: Able or whoever.....

Default Able or whoever.....

Is there any hope of getting this cookie thing fixed????

I just spent an hour & a half typing an odd thoughts for the Miami game & I lost it when it went to post.

I know I'm supposed to make sure that I have the remember me box checked but there are multiple users on my computer & to be honest I just sometimes forget. I don't routinely copy my posts because I've never had to.

But after putting in an hour & a half of typing I about threw my computer out the window when it lost it again.

Sorry for venting here, but damn this is frustrating. What changed? I never needed to copy my stuff before.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Default Re: Able or whoever.....

I don't know what changed, but if able thinks that will help, you should really try your best to do it. In the meantime, I'd type your long posts in Word or something, then copy and past into a post box until it works.

Ohhhh man Peck I feel real bad for you. I really wanted to see what you thought about the game tonight.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Peck, I have an idea for you until that gets resolved, when you write out a long post, open up a blank notepad document, and cut and paste it as you're writing, and then just paste the whole thing to post when it's finished.

Also, if you're not always clicking the tab that says remember me when you log on, that should help.

And also, if you click to post it, and it goes to that page where it says you need to log in again, you might not lose it, you might be able to right click on the back button, there at the top of your browser, and go directly back to that page you were posting on, and it might still be there.

Those might help until the issue is resolved, I know no one here wants any of your good long posts to be wasted, and I know you aren't gonna always be able to type them twice

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I agree with Hicks.

Also, try to make a habit of always clicking the "remember me" box.

I've had the same thing happen to me before and I guess it was because I kept on forgetting to click the "remember me" box.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ohhhh man Peck I feel real bad for you. I really wanted to see what you thought about the game tonight.

Actaully it was probably better that it did get deleted. That way in the future there will be no proof of me complimenting Ron Artest & Jermaine O'Neal

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Damn it, Able you hear the man fix it

I'm using Mozilla 1.6 and I am having no problems posting. It's been so long since I had to enter my username and password that I don't even remember the "remember me" box.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    I'm using Mozilla 1.6 and I am having no problems posting. It's been so long since I had to enter my username and password that I don't even remember the "remember me" box.

-Bball

I can get by with quick hit posts as well. But when I do one of my longer posts it times out on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    I can get by with quick hit posts as well. But when I do one of my longer posts it times out on me.
    The forum times out? Does that only happen when you are in a "New Post" box? I mean I've been known to surf here in the morning, read some posts, answer a couple, leave the house (or go to bed) but leave the browser pointed to Pacers Digest for a LONG time and I've never been 'timed out'.

I guess I am not sure at all what you are experiencing so that is why I am curious about the "timed out" answer. Shouldn't the computer ALWAYS remember you once you sign in? Have you got something cleaning your cookies out?

-Bball

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

I think the lesson you need to learn here is that you should type your piece in a different program - say, microsoft word as an example, and then once you are done, copy and past it into your browser.

Harmonica

Gonna miss your thoughts on the game, Peck.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    Gonna miss your thoughts on the game, Peck.
    Ditto on this. I'm sorry that I didn't say I'm sorry in my previous post, Peck.

It really sucks, and I truly feel for you.

I guess if I follow the gist of the problem it is this:
    Type long post and then hit "Post Reply"
    ...At which point you get taken to a screen wanting you to log in (again) and now the long post is lost.

A workaround would be:
    Before hitting "Post Reply" button, right click the mouse (in the text window) and choose "Select All".

Right click again and choose "Copy"

THEN press the "Post Reply" button and -IF- you get 'timed out' and you get back to the blank text window- then RIGHT CLICK mouse and choose "Paste"

It's all back then... Now "Post Reply".

-Bball

------

-John Wooden

Harmonica

Perhaps you could give us an abridged version, Peck?

Peck - Who's that in your Avatar?

I usually copy my long posts to the clipboard before submitting - just in case.
    :thepacers
    No Linking to your own site if it sells something.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCal_Pacerfan
    Peck - Who's that in your Avatar?

I usually copy my long posts to the clipboard before submitting - just in case.
    That looks like Canadian rockers, Triumph.

-Bball

------

-John Wooden

Junior Member The Toxic Avenger's Avatar

It IS the Canadian Rockers Triumph!

I'm Pretty sure that your computer DOES clear your cookies fairly regularly... You may want to do this... choose Tools in your browser then internet options...

Under the tab Privacy there is a Web Site area with an Edit button.

Click Edit and type in www.pacersdigest.com and then hit the allow button. You should be ok... There may be other programs that clear those cookies but I can't help you with that.

Hope you find the time to give us your thoughts today, Peck.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Strangely, I've lost a couple of replies/ posts from my blackberry over the past couple of days. And each time, I've had to log on manually ("remember me" doesn't seem to work on my blackberry at all) before composing my post/ reply and still lost it.

No issues on my laptop or at home, however.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

That is a cookie setting on your BB Jay, mine knows exactly who I am and even after 3 days shoots me in as able.

Also: there is an update available, I am waiting for Hicks to download it (I have no access to that site) so I can install that, and then I will do some "personal hackin" if need be to set the "remember me" to default ticked again (if at al possible)
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

I'll d/l and get it up tonight, able.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by able
    That is a cookie setting on your BB Jay, mine knows exactly who I am and even after 3 days shoots me in as able.

Also: there is an update available, I am waiting for Hicks to download it (I have no access to that site) so I can install that, and then I will do some "personal hackin" if need be to set the "remember me" to default ticked again (if at al possible)
    Can you send me a PM on the cookie thing - i have no idea how to do it.

And if there are other blackberry users other than you and I, I guess you could just post it here.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by burnzone
    Peck, I have an idea for you until that gets resolved, when you write out a long post, open up a blank notepad document, and cut and paste it as you're writing, and then just paste the whole thing to post when it's finished.

Also, if you're not always clicking the tab that says remember me when you log on, that should help.

And also, if you click to post it, and it goes to that page where it says you need to log in again, you might not lose it, you might be able to right click on the back button, there at the top of your browser, and go directly back to that page you were posting on, and it might still be there.

Those might help until the issue is resolved, I know no one here wants any of your good long posts to be wasted, and I know you aren't gonna always be able to type them twice
    That--or more simply--every five minutes or so just select all your text and copy it (right click if you can). If the website disses you, you still have what you copied on the computer's general memory.

The only way you lose it is if the computer crashes on you and you have to reboot. (Or, if you cut or copy something else.)