Thread: Ndi Ebi interview upon getting cut...BEST INTERVIEW EVER!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Ndi Ebi interview upon getting cut...BEST INTERVIEW EVER!

http://www.twincities.com/mld/pioneerpress/13066149.htm

Ebi, phone home
    BY RICK ALONZO
    Pioneer Press

The Timberwolves said goodbye to Ndudi Ebi this week, ending the experiment that never worked. Now Ebi, the team's 2003 first-round pick, prepares for the next stage of his life.

Following are outtakes from what he calls his last interview with the Wolves, conducted the evening he was released, Monday. In addition to thanking the organization and his teammates, Ebi also made some odd comments during a wide-ranging interview with the Pioneer Press:

) On his desire to speak to the media one last time:

"Ebi needs a press conference. I'd like to have a press conference tomorrow so I can talk about this. Ebi needs TV cameras. Ebi needs to talk to reporters. Why don't you set it all up?"

) On playing just 86 minutes in two seasons with the Wolves:

"I've just got to work harder, I feel. I gave 100 percent. One hundred percent is not enough. I've got to give 120 percent. If that's not enough, I've got to give 200 percent. If that's not enough, I've got to give until I kill myself."

) On how going to college would have been a disservice to his "game":

"I believe I'm an NBA player. If I'm going to go to college, I'm going to go for education. I'm not going to go to college to hone my basketball skills. I was good enough to come out. It's just the situation just happened. If I knew this was going to happen before I would have put my name in the draft, I still would have put my name in the draft."

) On what's next for him:

"Now I just think I'm going to go into poetry, manual labor and live life like a regular guy. If you believe that, you don't know Ndudi Ebi. You wrote all that stuff down, didn't you? So you don't know Ndudi Ebi. You really think I'm going to go into poetry or manual labor?

) On his two-plus seasons with the Wolves:

"It was just a blessing from God that I got drafted by the Timberwolves. I learned professionalism. I learned how to carry myself, and I learned how to be a man. I was with a group of classy individuals."

) On being waived Monday, despite surviving when the Wolves cut the roster to the league-maximum 15 players last week:

"You guys (the media) don't know anything. You don't know anything. You don't know if I'm smiling right now, you don't know if I'm crying, you don't know if I've got a gun to my head. You keep asking me questions like I'm a chump. I'm not a chump."

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Default Re: Ndi Ebi interview upon getting cut...BEST INTERVIEW EVER!

Artest may be more lucid than Ndudi.

King of bizzaroland.

(fixed)

"Ebi needs a press conference. I'd like to have a press conference tomorrow so I can talk about this. Ebi needs TV cameras. Ebi needs to talk to reporters. Why don't you set it all up?"

He went to Jalen Rose High School.

we need to sign this guy ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Theodore
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    we need to sign this guy ASAP
    It would just make this team complete wouldn't it?

HD7 agrees with Jon.

You guys (the media) don't know anything. You don't know anything. You don't know if I'm smiling right now, you don't know if I'm crying, you don't know if I've got a gun to my head. You keep asking me questions like I'm a chump. … I'm not a chump.

That sounds rather ominous.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think that guy would be a perfect fit for us