Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some positives from Orlando....

Default Re: Some positives from Orlando....

Saras is much better shooter than anyone on our team, including AJ, IMO. Also a much better fit for this team than AJ. (At PG anyway, I think AJ could really help us at SG sometimes)
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

AJ at SG is nice. Didnt we have a lineup like that in preseason. We had Saras at the point with AJ as SG..

Quote Originally Posted by sixthman
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who do you think is better?
    probably better:
    Bobby Jackson
    Damon Jones
    Earl Boykins
    Maurice Williams
    Speedy Claxton

in the same range:
    Jameer Nelson
    Jason Hart

we will find out soon:
    Raymond Felton
    Nate Robinson
    Jarrett Jack

maybe, though nearly out of gas:
    Gary Payton

Cro looks like he worked on his shot over the summer... he looks way more relaxed and has waaaayy more arc on it. Recently....last year especially, his form seemed forced and his shot had become really flat.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    With the J.O. posing thread getting such heavy play (& deservedly so) I think in some ways we kind of forgot to talk about the fact that we won.

In winning, I saw some things I liked.

First from a team standpoint. We seemed to be making the effort to make the extra pass last night, even & maybe most impressively Jermaine O'Neal. There were very few times that he tried to back down his man without exploring a pass option. Artest kind of had a couple of times where he took a little longer to get rid of the ball than we would want but even he was looking to make the pass.
    I don't have much time to reply right now but I want to say the above mirrors my thoughts exactly.

Another thing that mirrored my thoughts was why Freddie got the slot he did after his preseason. I do wonder if Carlisle was throwing him a bone (like he did Pollard in Sacremento a couple of yrs back) hoping it would bring him around. IMHO Freddie has played his way down the bench and I thought AJ should've gotten more of those minutes. AJ can play the 2 as well, if not better, than Freddie altho we won't see any high-flying slams with AJ in the lineup. If anyone is watching and hoping for that then you'd be disappointed if the Pacers took my advice and played AJ over Freddie.

Freddie has slipped IMHO and it disappoints me. I thought he could be a solid player off the bench with the ability to start in the crunch. Something is not clicking and he's not the player he was. Not only has he hit a wall, he's now driving in reverse. AJ deserves minutes altho I do think Saras brings more to the court as a PG already and with more time (experience/familiarity) would seem he'd only get better. We know what we have with AJ.

I thought we knew what we had with Freddie tho...

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    I like both of them. Which is a big step up for me because I was not a fan of bringing Saras in here.
    IIRC Peck, you didn't want Saras because it meant that DD was gone.

IMO the Pacers needed a backup shooter more than a backup PG, but Saras seems to fit the bill for both and is an ideal combo guard (minus the defense).

If our 3 headed monster in the middle can stay healthy, I think Saras is needed more than Dale. Blasephmy, I know, but our backup PG lacks offensive skills and our backup SG lacks 3pt skills.

I am\was skeptical of Saras too, but I think he will be ok, as long as we are reasonable in our expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by waxman
    Cro looks like he worked on his shot over the summer... he looks way more relaxed and has waaaayy more arc on it. Recently....last year especially, his form seemed forced and his shot had become really flat.
    Cro was playing hurt a lot last year - especially the ribs. I think that might have an affect on anyone's shot.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Quote Originally Posted by pacertom
    probably better:
    Bobby Jackson
    Damon Jones
    Earl Boykins
    Maurice Williams
    Speedy Claxton
    Good post pacertom.

Bobby Jackson is broken down, but if healthy, I'd love to have him. Saras is probably the better player for this season as he probably will actually be healthy.

Damon Jones is more a two guard, but I do like him.

Earl Boykins is maybe better than Saras right now, but I think Saras will continue to improve; Little Earl probably has peaked.

Maurice Williams has been the bomb, if you look at his stats. Very underated.

Speedy is also more a "2", but I like his energy. New Orleans is certainly not lacking at point guard.

My original statement that Sarunas J. is the best backup at point in the league was a small exaggeration, but not by much.

Bobby Jackson is a starter now, isn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    Bobby Jackson is a starter now, isn't he?
    No, Damon Stoudamire starts for Memphis.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!