Thread: Regarding Saras

Default Regarding Saras

I'm not sure what kind of player he'll turn out to be, but wasn't it great last night to see the offense not totally bog down when Tinsley went out? I thought that was one of the most promising elements of the game - Saras keeps things moving almost as well as Tinsley.
    "If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you." - Jack Handy

Default Re: Regarding Saras

Yes it was a nice sight. I wonder how the AJ vs Freddie situation will turn out. One of them will have to go eventually (of course Freds contract runs out), but will it be before the trade deadline?
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

teY dennaB toN

I thought Saras looked really good last night. He made several passes none of our backup PG of the recent past could make. And, damn, does he have a quick release on that shot -very hard to defend.

At this point, I would prefer AJ to play the backup 2 on most occasions. He seems to always hit the open shot, and Fred has really struggled with that as of late. Of course, AJ is not quite as good of a defender as Fred, but he is adequate in most situations.

However, if perimeter D is the most important skill in a given situation, then playing Fred is a no-brainer.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by RWB
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes it was a nice sight. I wonder how the AJ vs Freddie situation will turn out. One of them will have to go eventually (of course Freds contract runs out), but will it be before the trade deadline?
    If it comes to that my guess would be AJ gets moved because of his contract length, although other teams would be more willing to trade for Freddie's expiring contract.

Rytas_Jega

Smile Re: Regarding Saras

nice to read something good about Saras after this first game many Lithuanian basketball fans-"experts" (who haven't seen this game) talk about Saras coming back to Europe

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm sensing a little Sarunas/Granger connection.

Nice dunks from Danger with help from Runi last night. they work well together!