View Poll Results: Where will the 2006 Indiana Pacers finish?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2006 NBA Champions

36 60.00%
  • NBA Finals

12 20.00%
  • ECF exit

6 10.00%
  • 2nd round playoff exit

4 6.67%
  • 1st round playoff exit

1 1.67%
  • Lottery team

1 1.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Okay, time to go on record - Where will the 2006 Indiana Pacers finish?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Okay, time to go on record - Where will the 2006 Indiana Pacers finish?

I could have sworn there was at least one other poll like this, but couldn't find it. Therefore...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Okay, time to go on record - Where will the 2006 Indiana Pacers finish?

Champs baby

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Default Re: Okay, time to go on record - Where will the 2006 Indiana Pacers finish?

58 wins, 1 seed in the East, Champions
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

ALL THE WAY BABY! 06 CHAMPS!

Don't we have this with the already this in the official prediction thread?

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

StephanJackson1

No doubt 2006 champions

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Wow, you can really tell this is a Pacers board.

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah its a shame we believe in our team, you should try it sometimes. Its fun wanting to team to win instead of waiting for Ron to self destruct so you can talk **** on PD.

StephanJackson1

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles

Get well soon PG! Believe_in_blue's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    Yeah its a shame we believe in our team, you should try it sometimes. Its fun wanting to team to win instead of waiting for Ron to self destruct so you can talk **** on PD.
    Exactly. Also this is a very good team and every fan here has a right to believe that we could be champions at the end of the season. Even some so-called experts who even aren't a fan of this team belives that it has a chance to be great.

brs14ku

I voted East Champs.........I fear the spurs

sweabs

I'll believe in our team when there is something actually to believe in. For the last few years, guys like Ron don't give me much to believe in. He has to PROOVE to me before I can believe.

Ohh okay, why dont you go out and do that.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

What got up your ***, Jermaniac?

Stop being a jerk.

As far as the poll goes, I'd love this response if I were a bookie. Easiest money I could ever make.

I don't think we'll make it past the Spurs and I also think we'll have a 50/50 shot against the Pistons. That doesn't mean I don't support my team.

*Stop being an infant.* - Hicks

Ohh okay, why dont you go out and do that.
    Seriously, chill out and shut up.

And for the record, I say we lose in the ECFs. It's going to be hard to possibly beat Detroit, Miami, AND SA.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

*Stop being an infant.* - Hicks
    Okay my bad Hicks, I'm on the Hate bandwagon now too.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Lot of negativity from both sides here lately, must be the start of the new season. I can see where some of the "darksiders" are coming from and I can also see where Jermaniac is coming from with getting tired of hearing that same negativity over and over again, on the other hand it's a free board as long as you play by the rules.

Anyway, I doubted between ECF and reaching the NBA Finals. Went with NBA Finals, because I want to believe and feel pretty good about the team.

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning
    Lot of negativity from both sides here lately, must be the start of the new season. I can see where some of the "darksiders" are coming from and I can also see where Jermaniac is coming from with getting tired of hearing that same negativity over and over again, on the other hand it's a free board as long as you play by the rules.

Anyway, I doubted between ECF and reaching the NBA Finals. Went with NBA Finals, because I want to believe and feel pretty good about the team.

Regards,

Mourning
    Well, count me on the Jermaniac side I love this site for all of the info but it is the most negative messageboard towards the home team that I have ever seen.

That being said, cheers to a great season Pacer fans!

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Man, there's a big difference between blind devotion to a team and also supporting a team even when you don't believe they've currently got what it takes to win a championship.

Some of the sunshiners really need to lighten up, and some of them really need to smarten up.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Sports Logo

Everything depends on how well we do against the Pistons. When we meet them in the 2nd round or the ECF.....if we win...then I am confident that we can beat any team that the West can put up...even the Spurs.

The Spurs are definitely the best team in the league, but there is a psychological edge that the Pistons ( the team that has taken us out over the last 2 season ) that IMHO is a greater hurdle to leap then the threat that the Spurs pose. The Pistons are the proverbial monkey that is on the Pacers back that we have to rid ourselves of. Until we beat them....I don't think that the Pacers can mature or grow like they have to in order to become the NBA Championship caliber team that we hope they are.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    Man, there's a big difference between blind devotion to a team and also supporting a team even when you don't believe they've currently got what it takes to win a championship.

Some of the sunshiners really need to lighten up, and some of them really need to smarten up.
    There is also a difference between having some trepidation about chemistry issues and actually wanting a player for your team to fail so that he will be gone. My comments were not regarding the normal logical fans that can assess the good and bad points about their team. As for being optimistic about this year, yes I am. If anyone should be optimistic it would be a fan of the Pacers. We have a great pool of talent. Sure, it remains to be seen if it will mesh well together, but it is not like nobody outside of our fanbase believes the Pacers can't win it all. Being a sunshiner would be like a Packer fan believing Favre is going to lead them to another superbowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204

Hey, I'm sort of in the middle, but I must say that I must aggree with Jermaniac that atleast AT TIMES this sounds like graveyard digest when the Pacers are concerned. That's not about beying realistic or rational, but that's about beying cynical and pessimistic on forehand.

Critique I have no problem with, but acting like everything is down the drain when the season is just one quarter old is just a little overboard for me, personally. I'm a part timer on the sunshine brigade, sometimes have fall backs towards the middle when some "things" happen .

2nd round exit is my pick which is not that bad. I think it will be hard for us to beat either the Pistons or the Heat.

This is my humble opinion and it does not mean I won't be rooting for them. Please don't disrespect everybody who does not think the Pacers will win it all this year. I have invested a lot of money, emotion and time into this team from 1991, so give me some more credit than that.

Like someone's signature, I strongly believe that the fun is in the journey not in the destination.

Quote Originally Posted by pacerwaala
    2nd round exit is my pick which is not that bad. I think it will be hard for us to beat either the Pistons or the Heat.

This is my humble opinion and it does not mean I won't be rooting for them. Please don't disrespect everybody who does not think the Pacers will win it all this year. I have invested a lot of money, emotion and time into this team from 1991, so give me some more credit than that.

Like someone's signature, I strongly believe that the fun is in the journey not in the destination.
    I'm not disrespecting anyone and I think your prediction isn't that bad at all. Some of us are too optimistic, some of us are too negative, but we are all fans of the Pacers*. Let's just enjoy the season, please .

* except maybe some of the posters from other teams that like to come here too.

Regards,

Mourning