Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Reggie's comments!

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Reggie's comments!

Quote Originally Posted by pacertom
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Am I the only one who interpreted Reggie's remark about questionable team chemistry for the Pacers to actually mean, simply, that they have Ron Artest on the team and many players believe that they cannot count on him?

I hope the team chemistry concept boils down to only one individual, because I have to believe that Larry and Donnie have a long-range plan to deal with that as soon as Ron plays well enough long enough to reacquire legitimate trade value.

Preach it, brother Tom.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Quote Originally Posted by Arcadian
    I'm not sure which is the less obvious statement: the Pacers still have to prove they can beat the Pistons or that we have chemistry issues.

Until we get at least into the finals those questions are always going to be there.
    Prior to my computer making its daily crash this morning, I'd written a long (go figure) post in the "Why I'm not all that excited for the season to start" thread that could actually be condensed into your two sentences above.

Therefore,

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    Prior to my computer making its daily crash this morning, I'd written a long (go figure) post in the "Why I'm not all that excited for the season to start" thread that could actually be condensed into your two sentences above.

Therefore,

Are you saying that you're not going to be excited unless they reach the finals or were you answering another question in that thread?

If the prior is the case, then may I ask if you were excited for this football season to start? And why would you want to spend X amount of time daily on the internet talking about a team that you're not excited about unless they get to the finals.

I'll admit, you've always thrown me through a loop with some of your comments, and this made me feel like I was back to reading the 15 new player thread.

IMHO not knowing is the most exciting part, the ride there is always the best.

My God the end of the world is nearing.....

i agree with kstat.

Well, I was a bit more bitter...

I was saying I wasn't really excited for this season because we've still got you-know-who and its just a matter of time until he does something that keeps this team from reaching its potential. Its hard for me to get excited when I already "know" how its going to end.

So to answer both questions at once, yes, since I believe the Steelers are going to win the AFC Championship Game on the road and then win the Super Bowl this year, I was (and still am) more excited for football.

Oh, and somewhere in that post that vanished, I said that although I'm not a big fan of the players currently on this team, I'm still a fan of this team.

ooOOoo...I got some opinions that are going to **** some of you off.

I just left the barbershop, and when it gets going in there, it's just like the movie.

A couple of guys were saying that we're going to the finals, if not win it all and the majority of the guys in the shop strongly disagreed. Why? They said we have a team of "knuckleheads", who are never going to come together as a team.

Artest will always be an emotional and intellectual juvenile.

Stephen Jackson has more street than common sense and lets himself get taken out of games at times by being too much of a knucklehead.

Jermaine think he's a whole lot better than he thinks he is and plays and acts as such with the media.

Tinsley plays from ego, too.

If we weren't Pacer fans, from the outside looking in, from another city, we wouldn't be so in love with them.

They see there being too much of an ego clash wih Ron, JO and Stephen for us to ever gel to the point of winning a title.

When they think of Pacers, they think of hard working, student of the game types, they think of James Jones, Granger, Foster and Anthony Johnson and most likely, Cabbage.

To them, James Jones epitomized what they see as being a Pacer: quiet, strong, constantly improving and a smart player. They attributed Reggie's comments as him kinda targeting the knucklehead factor of the team. The very same guys we consider our core unit. They pointed out the lack of a knucklehad factor on SA and Detroit.

I thought it was pretty interesting that conversation was going on, given the timing of this thread.

Interesting, huh?
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well, I was a bit more bitter...

I was saying I wasn't really excited for this season because we've still got you-know-who and its just a matter of time until he does something that keeps this team from reaching its potential. Its hard for me to get excited when I already "know" how its going to end.

So to answer both questions at once, yes, since I believe the Steelers are going to win the AFC Championship Game on the road and then win the Super Bowl this year, I was (and still am) more excited for football.

Oh, and somewhere in that post that vanished, I said that although I'm not a big fan of the players currently on this team, I'm still a fan of this team.

You still leave me just as confused.

The only thing that's guarunteed with the Steelers, is that Bill is going to get mad and spit down his overly large chin atleast three more times this year.

The Steelers (this particular team) hasn't gotten any closer to getting to the SB than this Pacer team has, but yet you're excited about one and not the other.

Okay, I officially quit trying to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt
    I blame Canada.
    That was my first thought too.

Actually I see Reggies comments as a motivator for the franchise he loves and will always love. He is right that for the Pacers to succeed they must become a family. They must play as a team, and be somewhat injury free. RA must keep his head in the game. Until we can prove these things Reggie is exactly right.

Other then that its Canadas fault....
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

So has Reginald been around Indy to find out the team is not gelling better this year? He doesn't want to gossip so I guess he can't tell us who he's been talking to.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Quote Originally Posted by Since86
    You still leave me just as confused.

The only thing that's guarunteed with the Steelers, is that Bill is going to get mad and spit down his overly large chin atleast three more times this year.

The Steelers (this particular team) hasn't gotten any closer to getting to the SB than this Pacer team has, but yet you're excited about one and not the other.

Okay, I officially quit trying to understand.
    As for the Steelers - the "journey" comment applies - they've had the easy road (home field advantage) to the Super Bowl numerous times under Cowher and failed, and they in fact seem to play better on the road. So I'm looking forward to watching them overcome those obstacles.

As for the Pacers, I'm just saying I "know" how its gonna turn out and I'm not all that excited to watch it happen again.

It's the year for Indiana folks. Colts then Pacers....
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

teY dennaB toN

Quote Originally Posted by RWB
    So has Reginald been around Indy to find out the team is not gelling better this year? He doesn't want to gossip so I guess he can't tell us who he's been talking to.
    I don't think Reggie's been in town much at all. I think Reggie saying that Detroit was the frontrunner for the Eastern Conference was the easy answer for him. Furthermore I think he was indirectly challenging the Pacers to prove to him that we are a championship team. I do not think he trusts Artest (and rightfully so).

My head hurts.

Therefore,
    I don't know about all these dark siders agreeing with me. My heart is blue and sunshine.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    Mark Boyle pointed out when debating who was better, JO or Artest, that when talking about Ron, it's important to realize his abilities and his negative issues are seperate, and to remember that when talking about their basketball abilities.

I am taking the same stance when talking about this team as a group. I'm not going to handicap my discussion with "but they'll get hurt" or "but he'll get suspended". If that happens, it happens. But right now, we're looking at Tins, Jack, Ron, and JO all together, and for now that is what we should be looking forward to seeing in the playoffs. With that in mind, no, Detroit hasn't delt with it, and IMHO they have what it takes when paired with their supporting cast (Granger, Sarunas, Foster, Cro) to beat Detroit.

Especially now that we have the better coach.
    That's pretty much where I'm at, kind of a wait and see mode at this point.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

I figure it like this:

If the Colts can learn to play D, then just about anything is possible in this wacky world of sports. Let's just enjoy the season as it goes, and if we're lucky, enjoy a championship....

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    Isnt it always like that...........
    And it always will be, until the ultimate goal is accomplished. Hell, sometimes even THAT isn't enough to critics. But as long as we get the trophy, they can bite my shiny metal ***.

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    Its really sad if you think that

A. We have anything to prove to Reggie

and

B. Winning one game proves much of anything..
    Hmmm

If you can call his thinking "sad," is that really any worse than him calling you a hater?

(hater!)

Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech
    ooOOoo...I got some opinions that are going to **** some of you off.

I just left the barbershop, and when it gets going in there, it's just like the movie.

A couple of guys were saying that we're going to the finals, if not win it all and the majority of the guys in the shop strongly disagreed. Why? They said we have a team of "knuckleheads", who are never going to come together as a team.

Artest will always be an emotional and intellectual juvenile.

Stephen Jackson has more street than common sense and lets himself get taken out of games at times by being too much of a knucklehead.

Jermaine think he's a whole lot better than he thinks he is and plays and acts as such with the media.

Tinsley plays from ego, too.

If we weren't Pacer fans, from the outside looking in, from another city, we wouldn't be so in love with them.

They see there being too much of an ego clash wih Ron, JO and Stephen for us to ever gel to the point of winning a title.

When they think of Pacers, they think of hard working, student of the game types, they think of James Jones, Granger, Foster and Anthony Johnson and most likely, Cabbage.

To them, James Jones epitomized what they see as being a Pacer: quiet, strong, constantly improving and a smart player. They attributed Reggie's comments as him kinda targeting the knucklehead factor of the team. The very same guys we consider our core unit. They pointed out the lack of a knucklehad factor on SA and Detroit.

I thought it was pretty interesting that conversation was going on, given the timing of this thread.

Interesting, huh?

Is that barber shop hiring? Because I will fit right in!