Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else not as excited?

Default Anyone else not as excited?

Usually before the start of the NBA season I am just pumped like none other. I don't know if its how well the Colts are doing, but I'm just not as pumped as before (still pumped though). I'm thinking its the lack of Reggie Miller in a Pacers uniform/Colts success/hardly seeing any preseason games. Hopefully once I see the game tomorrow, I go into full optimism mode....2006 Champs.
    Sorry, I didn't know advertising was illegal here. Someone call the cops!

Default Re: Anyone else not as excited?

I'm right there with you. Usually I have a clock on my computer counting down a couple months before the season starts. This year, I was more pumped in getting my ROTS dvd, which really wasn't that big of a deal. Not like it was Batman Begins, or anything.

But then, this is my first year as a non-ticket holder in quite a while. Plus, there's the fact that I'm a hater now, too.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

[debbie downer trumpet sound] *whaaahh whaaaaaaaaahhhh .... *

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think once you start watching the games you'll get pumped.

I mean we have to prove ourselves the second game of the season vs Miami.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    [debbie downer trumpet sound] *whaaahh whaaaaaaaaahhhh .... *

I am excited as ever for this season...and why not...
    Let's this started

Why Not Us ?

The Magic game is opening night, so it's automatic that I'll be excited, but if you are not pumped for the Heat game you don't have a pulse.

I'M EXCITED!

I also agree that after watching a game (or a few) you'll start hypin up. Maybe all it takes is a dunk or a few 3's ta get you sparked up.

This is my 1st year as a Pacers fan (admitted Saras bandwagoner), and I'm excited as hell!

Haven't been like this since the start of the 1984-85 season when I was 10 years old and Bernard King was King of the Knicks... My little brother still cant believe I switched alliances after what Indiana did to NY in Game 1 of 1995, and switching to the losing side of the 4pt-play by LJ in 1999, but I'm going with my heart here.

It's impossible to watch preseason games from Israel, so I haven't actually seen the new Pacers, but I sure hope they start with a win in Orlando. The next game I will see is the Miami game, thanks to a WebTV channel in Israel. You are all welcome to try it out - http://www.livesports.co.il

I have been on this board since the summer when Indiana won the battle for Saras, and I love it! I check in almost every day, and I think I know most of the residents, and got acquainted with the language (trolls, haters, etc...). Now that the season starts I hope this board will continue to grow on me, and maybe I will even have the time to participate more.

Another reason I'm excited is that the Pacers have that "chip" of last year's brawl. There's nothing sweeter than revenge (sportwise, of course...), and we are gonna get some!!! Beware Pistons, beware Heat, beware David Stern, the Pacers are out to settle the score!

And one last thing, maybe a minor one to some, but this may be the most important one for me - I love to watch good basketball, and I think (and hope) that this team can play it.

Good luck to us all, and GO PACERS!!! Let the games begin...

StephanJackson1

How are you guys not excited this is the best team we ever had, and missing reggie isn't my cocern unless we are down by three in the final seconds, but i think jo and ron are going to make this season exciting.

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm pretty excited, but that excitement is a tamed a bit due to the fact I'll not be able to see nearly as many games this season as I have in years past. Still, I'm certainly ready for the Pacers' season to get underway.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

woman without a team

If the Colts weren't doing so well, maybe I'd be waiting with baited breath for the season to start. I'm more interested in when Reggie is going to be on TV.

I'm excited. While Reggie not being part of the team is a bit odd, I also see that as likely a good thing at this point. With this group of players we don't need Reggie the Deferrer. We need agressive play.

Are there some things that scare me about this season? Sure... but overall I'm ready to see how the scales tip. I think we have a team that has a backup plan in place if Artest loses his head... yet we also have a team that on paper is very very solid if Artest can keep his head.

I'm anxious to see which way JO goes this season: Team leader who focuses on 'team' or is he looking for the 'I' in 'team'? There is every reason to hope video and coaching, along with the players beside him, will further him along in that regard.

I'm anxious to see the chemistry experiment take shape. I'm worried a bit about the center position but Harrison could ease that. Everyone is a year older but no one is arguably 'too' old right now so the age is a good thing.

I might be as optimistic as I've ever been.

I even have some hope, probably misplaced, that if this teams needs to make a move before the trade deadline, they will (if possible).

PLAY BALL!!!

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

brs14ku

Quote Originally Posted by Bball

PLAY BALL!!!

-Bball

AMEN TO THAT....in the words of the Black eyed peas song that I would rather shoot myself than ever hear again "Lets get it started!"

Quote Originally Posted by brs14ku
    AMEN TO THAT....in the words of the Black eyed peas song that I would rather shoot myself than ever hear again "Lets get it started!"
    You just got that stuck in my head. Thanks for nothing.

brs14ku

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles
    You just got that stuck in my head. Thanks for nothing.
    haha good. Someone else can live with my pain!

nervous anticipation...

I am not as excited as in years past. I think that after knowning (at least for the past 12 or so years), that no matter what we've got a chance with Reggie-just not having him there has taken a lot away of my excitement. Don't get me wrong, I'm still a Pacers fan but for whatever reason it is, Reggie is no longer there. Maybe it's because I'm older than every Pacers player now. That is depressing in its own right.

But for some reason, the class that I always associated the Pacers with (Smits, Miller, Jax, McKey, DD, AD, Woody, etc.) is something I just don't perceive any more (not that Reg grabbing his crotch with Spike was overly classy). It's just my perception. Hopefully I'll get over that after JO makes a slam in someone's face and doesn't showboat or walk back pulling at the Pacers name in his jersey-maybe they will act like they've been there before. You never see the Spurs doing that, do you?

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think the only reason I'm "not as excited" is that I got to see pretty much every preseason game on TV, so a lot of my early questions are already answered. It will probably take until game time for me to get really excited, then I will be my normal self.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

I just looked at the clock, and realized in 6 hours I get to watch a Pacers game. Suddenly I feel a pulse again.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm more pumped and nervous than I have been in a long time.

Let's get 'er done!
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

teY dennaB toN

The only regular season game I've ever been nervous for beforehand was the season-opener in Detroit during Rick's first season. I wanted the P's to win that game badly, and it was sweet when we did.

That said, it's nice to finally have some Pacers basketball to look forward to!

sweabs

I'm so excited. Although, a little worried because the NBA season always seems to interfere with my studies. Last night, of course I had to stay up until 2am watching that stupid Dallas game. But what a way to kick off this season; watching the Bucks come back and win in overtime over Philly, and then watching the Mavs top the Suns in Phoenix, in double OT.

Flat out - I have an obsession. In the last week I have been compared to "Fever Pitch" countless times now. There is just too much to look forward to this year - the Pacers chances are good, Danny Granger, the return of Ronnie, beating Btown in fantasy ball, tix to Indy in March...

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    What is this, the warcry thread?

Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    What is this, the warcry thread?