Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Reg, lookin sharp. (Comments on Indiana)

Default Re: Reg, lookin sharp. (Comments on Indiana)

Regardless of who Reggie picked, he did really well last night. He seemed comfortable with the others, serious enough not to make his segments worthless yet at ease enough to enjoy the back and forth and ribbing everyone gives each other. He really fit in well with the show. I had wondered if he would fit in or seem more like one of the current players they occationally grab to be on for a night (they are usually uncomfortable, a bit stiff, out of sync with the character of the show, and slow to join in or take up a role). Reggie really did well and he should be fun to watch the rest of the season. (He's also maked lucid point so far unlike the characteristically pointless rambling the Jet goes on the explain who he's decided to like today.)

Anyway, props to Reggie and good for the viewers who look like we'll get an improvement on a show that was already good.

Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Barkley was talking about the East and said something like. There are 2 teams, Miami and Detroit. Reggie Chimed in. Indiana. Kinda coy. Then barkley said some crap about how we don't have a star. Reggie said JO and Artest. Then he changed his reason to we don't have the guy to hit the clutch shot.(Even though Detroit didn't need one in 2004). I'm surprised Reggie didn't point out Jackson or Sarunas.
    [edit: Nevermind, I just saw the other thread.]

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness
    Barkley was talking about the East and said something like. There are 2 teams, Miami and Detroit. Reggie Chimed in. Indiana. Kinda coy. Then barkley said some crap about how we don't have a star. Reggie said JO and Artest. Then he changed his reason to we don't have the guy to hit the clutch shot.(Even though Detroit didn't need one in 2004). I'm surprised Reggie didn't point out Jackson or Sarunas.
    That was kind of bizarre, since Barkley has been high on the Pcaers the last few years. Does he really respect Reg that much?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Barkley makes it easy for Reggie to be Reggie. Reggie doesn't have to be contraversial or anything like that to be effective. He just has to play off of Charles.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

All right, I'm home, I used IE on WindowsXP, and the damn thing still doesn't work. burnzone, do you think you could upload it anywhere else? I'd really like to see that video.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    Barkley makes it easy for Reggie to be Reggie. Reggie doesn't have to be cntraversial or anything like that to be effective. He just has to play off of CHarles.

Excellent point! Kudos! Scooby snack for you.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Supporting Reggie = supporting PACERS

No it'd be something like

Supporting Weggie-pooh = Supporting the PACERS!!
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?