Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remember to set your line-ups

Default Remember to set your line-ups

Rosters for game 1 will be set Tuesday November 1st at 7:00PM Indianapolis time

Please double check to make sure you have everyone in the right order. If you have multi-positional players it is very important that you make sure they are listed correctly.

A CF can score much differently than the same player listed as a FC.

If your not sure, take a look at some of the line-ups on the roster page. You'll see some teams have all their C's listed in order, as well as their F's & G's. If you have questions, now is the best time to ask.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Remember to set your line-ups

I've always been a little confused by roster ordering. How exactly is it determined how the points will be assigned? I assume it goes to the first player of a position on a list, then continues down the line until all the points are filled for that position? I've already put mine in order, but if you could kind of double check it for me to make sure I'm on the right track, I would appreciate it.

sweabs

I don't know if you want my advice, but this is how I would organize things:

CF - Amare Stoudemire (PHO)
    C - Erick Dampier (DAL)
    CF - Nenad Krstic (NJN)
    F - Tayshaun Prince (DET)
    F - Marvin Williams (ATL)
    FG - Bruce Bowen (SAS)
    G - Manu Ginobili (SAS)
    G - Michael Redd (MIL)
    G - Carlos Arroyo (DET)
    FG - Martell Webster (POR)
    G - Julius Hodge (DEN)
    C - Andrew Bynum (LAL)

I think that would be the best line-up for you. Once Amare comes back, you get him and Damp earning your centre minutes. That way, Nenad gets forward minutes with Tayshaun and Marvin to avoid giving Bowen that many.

Also, to explain: I have Nenad placed as a CF for your team. Amare won't be playing for a while, so let's say Damp gives you 30 centre minutes - but Nenad plays 38 minutes. Well, 18 of Nenad's 38 minutes go towards centre first (to fill up the 48 minutes at the centre position), and the other 20 of his minutes go towards forward (which you need 96 minutes of in total). Once Amare comes back, you can just leave him as a CF, because if Amare or Damp don't play much (or one is injured), you can use him for centre minutes first...but if they do happen to log all the centre minutes, it will automatically put Nenad's minutes towards forward next.

Confusing? Yes.

All right, give me some advice. I haven't played fantasy bball before.

Here's my squad:

1. FC Rasheed Wallace (DET)
    2. GF Joe Johnson (ATL)
    3. G Jamaal Tinsley (IND)
    4. GF Mike Miller (MEM)
    5. GF Jim Jackson (PHO)
    6. FC Brian Grant (PHO)
    7. C Andrew Bogut (MIL)
    8. FC Jeff Foster (IND)
    9. G Brent Barry (SAS)
    10. F Luke Walton (LAL)
    11. FC Antonio Davis (NYK)
    12. G Trenton Hassell (MIN)
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I'd suggest:

1. CF Rasheed Wallace (DET)
    2. C Andrew Bogut (MIL)
    3. CF Jeff Foster (IND)
    4. CF Antonio Davis (NYK)
    5. CF Brian Grant (PHO)
    6. FG Joe Johnson (ATL)
    7. G Jamaal Tinsley (IND)
    8. FG Mike Miller (MEM)
    9. G Brent Barry (SAS)
    10. FG Jim Jackson (PHO)
    11. G Trenton Hassell (MIN)
    12. F Luke Walton (LAL)

You may want Barry in front of Miller and Grant in front of Davis, depending upon how they play. You probably do want Grant higher, come to think of it.

I put all the FCs as CF to make quadruple sure all of the C minutes are full. Since if healthy Bogut and Wallace will fill all of your C minutes, Foster, AD, Grant, and Joe Johnson will come close to filling your F minutes, and overfill them once Jeff is back, but that's no problem since the excess minutes would go to the G column for Joe Johnson.

Tinsley's minutes are at G, M Miller insures the F minutes are covered but barring multiple injuries, he and Brent Barry fill up most of the G minutes, with Jim Jackson taking up the leftover crumbs. Hassell and Walton provide injury insurance.

The only thing you are losing here is that since Bogut is ONLY a C, when Rasheed plays a lot, some of Bogut's minutes won't count if Rasheed and Bogut combined play over 48 minutes. If Bogut plays better than some of your lower forwards like Brian Grant, you might want all of his minutes to count. Then you would put him at the top:

1. C Andrew Bogut (MIL)
    2. CF Rasheed Wallace (DET)
    3. CF Jeff Foster (IND)
    4. CF Brian Grant (PHO)
    5. CF Antonio Davis (NYK)
    6. FG Joe Johnson (ATL)
    7. G Jamaal Tinsley (IND)
    8. FG Mike Miller (MEM)
    9. G Brent Barry (SAS)
    10. FG Jim Jackson (PHO)
    12. F Luke Walton (LAL)

Note that your best players, Rasheed, Joe Johnson, and probably Tinsley, are NOT at the top of the lineup, but Rasheed is 1st center or forward, Joe 1st G, JT second G, so they all play always. The lineup most completely protects you from injuries and puts higher efficiency guys high in the lineup.

The one way you might tweak this is if you find Barry and Jackson are playing great, better than AD and Grant, and you see that some of their minutes are not counting because G minutes are full, you could drop AD and Grant below them:

1. C Andrew Bogut (MIL)
    2. CF Rasheed Wallace (DET)
    3. CF Jeff Foster (IND)
    4. FG Joe Johnson (ATL)
    5. G Jamaal Tinsley (IND)
    6. FG Mike Miller (MEM)
    7. G Brent Barry (SAS)
    8. GF Jim Jackson (PHO)
    9. CF Brian Grant (PHO)
    10. CF Antonio Davis (NYK)
    12. F Luke Walton (LAL)

In general if you disregard the multiposition players it's easy-- organize the lineup from best to worst in each position.

Figuring about how to list the multiposition guys can be a challenge.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I am also now very confused...some advice please

1. FC JO
    2. C Big Z
    3. FG Desmond Mason
    4. G Tony Parker
    5. G Cutino Mobley
    6. G Speedy Claxton
    7. F Austin Croshere
    8. G John Salmons
    9. F Charlie Villeneuva
    10. FG James Posey
    11. F Grant Hill
    12. CF Jarron Collins
    House Name: Pacers

House Sigil:

House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

1. C- Z
    2. CF- JO
    3. F- Grant Hill
    4. F- Villanueva
    5. F- Croshere
    6. FG- Mason
    7. G- Parker
    8. G- Claxton
    9. FG- Posey
    10. G- Mobley
    11. G- Salmons
    12. CF- Collins

9,10, and 11 can be in any order, best player highest depending upon who's hot. I didn't look up the stats for anybody, just relied upon my gut-- but you want higher FPPM players higher in the order when considering players playing the same position.

It's critical to have JO be CF not FC, since otherwise you leave yourself very vulnerable to a C injury and always having to use a potentially unreliable Jarron Collins.

It's also critical to have Mason and Posey FG not GF, since Hill is hurt and you need to make sure the F minutes are filled if another F is hurt, and you have other decent Gs lower down.

JO is better than Z, but he goes second in the lineup so that ALL of Z's minutes count, since Z is definitely better than most of your forwards.

I'll stop now or all the vets will kill me for preventing easy early season wins against people with mis-set lineups.

How are some of you guys carrying more than 12? I see that it says you can temporarily carry more, but I can't quite figure out how to do it.....

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How are some of you guys carrying more than 12? I see that it says you can temporarily carry more, but I can't quite figure out how to do it.....
    Just go to the lineup page, and pick up whomever you want. Like you said, there is a drop-off date that will automatically remove players after roster spot #12.

You need to drop a player, pick up a new one, and then put in a waiver claim on the guy you dropped. If you are quick, you will be 1st in line for him and in 2 days will have 13 guys.

The other way is to trade one guy for 2 guys.

Thanks, pt....

Thanks Tom & Rcarey for their help.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    I don't know if you want my advice, but this is how I would organize things:

CF - Amare Stoudemire (PHO)
    C - Erick Dampier (DAL)
    CF - Nenad Krstic (NJN)
    F - Tayshaun Prince (DET)
    F - Marvin Williams (ATL)
    FG - Bruce Bowen (SAS)
    G - Manu Ginobili (SAS)
    G - Michael Redd (MIL)
    G - Carlos Arroyo (DET)
    FG - Martell Webster (POR)
    G - Julius Hodge (DEN)
    C - Andrew Bynum (LAL)

I think that would be the best line-up for you. Once Amare comes back, you get him and Damp earning your centre minutes. That way, Nenad gets forward minutes with Tayshaun and Marvin to avoid giving Bowen that many.

Also, to explain: I have Nenad placed as a CF for your team. Amare won't be playing for a while, so let's say Damp gives you 30 centre minutes - but Nenad plays 38 minutes. Well, 18 of Nenad's 38 minutes go towards centre first (to fill up the 48 minutes at the centre position), and the other 20 of his minutes go towards forward (which you need 96 minutes of in total). Once Amare comes back, you can just leave him as a CF, because if Amare or Damp don't play much (or one is injured), you can use him for centre minutes first...but if they do happen to log all the centre minutes, it will automatically put Nenad's minutes towards forward next.

Confusing? Yes.
    Thanks. My main question remaining is, since Bowen is listed as my first guard on the roster, even though he also plays forward, will it attempt to use his minutes at the guard position before Gino/Redd, or does it tend to count players at a single position before going to hybrids?

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    Thanks. My main question remaining is, since Bowen is listed as my first guard on the roster, even though he also plays forward, will it attempt to use his minutes at the guard position before Gino/Redd, or does it tend to count players at a single position before going to hybrids?
    In that lineup Bowen's #'s would count first - and since his FPPM is so low, historially, I'd put him lower. In fact, I'd use him as what I call my "anchor." The guy I bury as my 12th man, hope I don't have to use his minutes, but will at least fill them if I need him to.

You may want to wait a few games but IMO Webster will get mostly garbage minutes. The bad thing with that is he may not play every game. The good thing is that garbage minutes favor pure athletes, much like Summer League, so when he does play he may put up some good numbers.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm still a little confused, if D. Mason is a FG will I get to count his stats towards guard if my forward minutes fill up? Or will I just lose it, because Mason will be more productive than Cro and Villeneuva?

House Sigil:

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave
    I'm still a little confused, if D. Mason is a FG will I get to count his stats towards guard if my forward minutes fill up? Or will I just lose it, because Mason will be more productive than Cro and Villeneuva?
    Depends where you put him in your lineup. The way Tom put him in, if all the forward minutes were filled, he'd be the first guard.

Production has nothing to do with it from the league computer's perspective - it's gonna count them according to how you place them.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave
    I'm still a little confused, if D. Mason is a FG will I get to count his stats towards guard if my forward minutes fill up?
    Yep he counts as a forward only if forward minutes are not already used up by the forwards above him. He may even split his minutes between F and G, but all his minutes will count.

Basicly the computer starts at the top of your lineup & works its way down.

1. C- Z
    2. CF- JO
    3. F- Grant Hill
    4. F- Villanueva
    5. F- Croshere
    6. FG- Mason
    7. G- Parker
    8. G- Claxton
    9. FG- Posey
    10. G- Mobley
    11. G- Salmons
    12. CF- Collins

In the example above if Z plays 34 minutes then you only have 14 minutes to fill at center.

If JO plays 32 minutes then 14 of those will count at center because you have him listed as a center/forward. The other 18 minutes JO plays will count at forward.

The computer then goes down to the next player in your lineup, counting forward minutes for Hill, Villanueva & Croshere.

Next is Mason. If you have filled all of your forward minutes (96) with the guys listed above him in the lineup then it will count anything Mason does as a guard. If you think Mason is your 3rd best guard then you could drop him down between Claxton & Posey, his minutes will still count as a forward first as long as you keep him as a FG. Once your forward minutes are filled, he counts as a guard.

Parker & Claxton will count as guards

If you still have forward minutes when the computer gets to Posey, whatever he does will count as a forward, if your forward minutes are filled then his numbers will be used to fill your guard minutes.

Once all your minutes are filled, 48 at center, 96 for forwards & guards then the players at the bottom of your roster are ignored........... no matter how good their games are.

So, it's better to put your highest FPPM guys at the top of your lineup.

Guys like Collins should be left at the bottom of your lineup. They are very low PPM guys buy they could help out if you have a player or two out.

Two seasons ago I figured I lost 75% of my games because I didn't fill my minutes

That is the most important thing about this game. Fill your minutes.

Note in James example above if with the same order, you had Jermaine at FC instead of CF. Big Z plays his 34, all of Jermaine's 32 minutes are then at F. Your only hope to get anything other than a zero for your other C minutes is if Collins plays. If Z got hurt, you might have a zero for all 48 minutes. You very likely would have no chances of beating anybody.

You see the value of multiposition players-- they give injury insurance and lineup flexibility.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Okay, now I understand. Thanks James, Tom, and Rimfire for all your help.

House Sigil:

Ok, did I line this up right? Jose gave me the list, but since it looks like just about everyone else posted, I wanted to make sure I did it right.

CF Brezec
    CF Hunter
    CF Radmanovic
    G Wade
    G Billups
    G Jasikevicius
    GF Hamilton
    GF Jones
    GF Christie
    GF Sprewell
    F Jackson
    F Horry

Laugh at me all you want for having Spreewell on there. I was not paying attention and didn't realize he's not even signed anywhere at this point....

Quote Originally Posted by Gyron
    Ok, did I line this up right? Jose gave me the list, but since it looks like just about everyone else posted, I wanted to make sure I did it right.

CF Brezec
    CF Hunter
    CF Radmanovic
    G Wade
    G Billups
    G Jasikevicius
    GF Hamilton
    GF Jones
    GF Christie
    GF Sprewell
    F Jackson
    F Horry

Laugh at me all you want for having Spreewell on there. I was not paying attention and didn't realize he's not even signed anywhere at this point....
    Not sure which Jones or Jackson you have but check the numbers from last year - I don't THINK either Sprewell or Christie were very high performers and Horry's generally been pretty decent. At the very least I'd make sure you list Hamilton through Horry based on FPPM - of course you're certainly allowed to base it on what you think they'll do this season.

Sorry I should have listed all the info.

FC - Primoz Brezec (CHA)
    FC - Steven Hunter (PHI)
    FC - Vladimir Radmanovic (SEA)
    G - Dwyane Wade (MIA)
    G - Chauncey Billups (DET)
    G - Sarunas Jasikevicius (IND)
    GF - Richard Hamilton (DET)
    GF - Eddie Jones (MEM)
    GF - Doug Christie (DAL)
    GF - Latrell Sprewell (MIN)
    F - Luke Jackson (CLE)
    F - Robert Horry (SAS

I don't know how to copy the picture over, but is you have time, look at the picture for Radmonovic they have on the site. The picture looks like it was taken for a terrorist line up in a dark cave. lol