Thread: How many points would your team score

Default How many points would your team score

based upon last years' stats?

Obviously you will just have to make a guess for rookies, but I went through my lineup looking at minutes played and FPPG last year, and allocating 48 min for Cs, 96 min for forwards, and 96 min for Gs.

This will give you an average game, but under the scenario where everyone was healthy for the same game, which is unrealistic.

Anyway, my team scores 243 in 240 minutes.

I need a good team doctor, however...

Default Re: How many points would your team score

You're just gloating. BTW - you DO know that last year Webber scored 1.02 with the Sixers don't you?

Anyway, I came out with 217.5 though I may be able to do some tweaking, plus I couldn't plug in Graham. I'm figuring on Deng and Pietrus being higher and Alston being lower than last year.

What I do like about my team (and it's not a powerhouse - I've had those and this ain't it, at least not yet) is that both Ming and Gasol are in the , "Well, they're good players now but they could be REALLY good if it comes together for them."

That happens and I'm sitting pretty. If they give what they did last year, not so good though I think I'll be competitive.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're just gloating. BTW - you DO know that last year Webber scored 1.02 with the Sixers don't you?
    I'm begging that Jim O'Brien was the reason for that, because before the trade even while gimpy he was a fantasy stud.

I'm hoping for 1.1 FPPM, 30 min, and 70 games played.

That may be unrealistic. A few other guys should improve though, especially Ben Gordon.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Well we all know Webber brings nice production IF he's healthy, which is why I think most people would make a pass on picking him relatively high. Could be the guy that puts you on top at the sametime also could very well be the guy that sinks your ship without hope of repair because of the place where he usually gets picked (one of the first few rounds).

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Quote Originally Posted by pacertom
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm begging that Jim O'Brien was the reason for that, because before the trade even while gimpy he was a fantasy stud.

I'm hoping for 1.1 FPPM, 30 min, and 70 games played.

That may be unrealistic. A few other guys should improve though, especially Ben Gordon.
    Webber was one of my asterisk players. I don't take asterisk players in the 1st rd - and I liked Gasol better when my 2nd rd came up.

The main reason he's an asterisk player is because, unless Philly happens to be fighting for a playoff berth, he won't play in our finals. If they've locked up a spot he'll be rested for the playoffs and if they're out my guess is they'll shut him down.

Shaq fits in the same category, though not as severely.

IOW - you may have the best regular season team but be ready for playoff disaster!
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

I know points in the end win the game, however, that will most likely be nobody's average

I like the "balance" i found in my team, with most positions triple covered, perhaps (ok surely) light on the PG front I make up for that in "carrying" guards and FC's.

I took some very deliberate gambles drafting 14th, ones that if they work out could mean I have a very winning team and at least a partaking team if not all work out, if all go wrong..... ah well every league needs a pushover

G - Quentin Richardson (NYK)
    G - Damon Stoudamire (MEM)
    G - Keyon Dooling (ORL)
    G - Eric Snow (CLE)
    G - Anthony Goldwire (LAC)
    GF - Ron Artest (IND)
    GF - Michael Finley (SAS)
    F - Jonathan Bender (IND)
    FC - Jamaal Magloire (MIL)
    FC - Carlos Boozer (UTA)
    FC - Clifford Robinson (NJN)
    C - Jerome James (NYK)

The obvious risks are Ron, Jon and Magi. but I have a feeling they'll or at least 2/3 will do a very good job, Q-Rich and JJames are likewise "it COULD work" picks

As said, I am not considered a runner, but I like my own chances anyway
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!