Thread: Anybody else notice this?

Talking Anybody else notice this?

That the announcers not once, but twice said that the Colts play the Texans after their bye week?

(sarcasm on) And here we thought that we play the Pats on MNF! (sarcasm off)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2007 Super Bowl XLI Champions!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Anybody else notice this?

It seems to me that the commentators have been making a lot of stupid mistakes during Colts games lately

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It was Don Criqui. He's a complete idiot. We got the JV commentator squad's benchwarmers for our game today.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

woman without a team

What was truly disturbing was when he said it after they had a graphic up showing our schedule. Gee, you'd think they guy could read, but I guess not.

Thats why I listen to Q.95, but they need to bring back Mark Herrman

woman without a team

Last week I watched the replay highlights of Colts game against St. Louis. They played clips from the radio coverage. During the ending credits they listed Bob, Ted, and Mark. I guess no one told the league Mark doesn't do radio anymore.

woman without a team

I don't mind Ted. I just miss Mark.

I noticed 4 instances of absolutely horrible commenting in this game.

1. About 6 plays into the Colts 2nd drive Edge had already run for at least 3 or 4 carries. Comentator says " Thats only his 2nd time touching the ball today."

2. It was obvious that Waynes foot was near the sideline during a catch but they rattled on endlessly about him coming back from being out of bounds, which did not seem to be the case.

3. The comment about playing the Texans after the bye, was said at least twice that I heard

4. Was the end of half play when Tony Dungy was extremly upset at the officals for not spotting the ball more quickly after Manning kneeled the ball. They prattled on and on that Dungy was mad because the defense was really trying to go after Manning. I didn't see that at all, it looked more to me that the Colts were trying to run a trick play. It appeared that the Colts were trying to get the Texans to think that that they were walking off the field and then were going to attempt to run a play during the confusion.

All in all the commentary was awful. I would have rather listend to Q95. Do you still run into the "delay" problem? I would much rather listen to Mark and Slick when watching the Pacers as well but I can stand the delay there either.
    "I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post."

--Jack Nicholson as Colonel Nathan Jessup in A Few Good Men

Quote Originally Posted by MarionDeputy
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I noticed 4 instances of absolutely horrible commenting in this game.

1. About 6 plays into the Colts 2nd drive Edge had already run for at least 3 or 4 carries. Comentator says " Thats only his 2nd time touching the ball today."

2. It was obvious that Waynes foot was near the sideline during a catch but they rattled on endlessly about him coming back from being out of bounds, which did not seem to be the case.

3. The comment about playing the Texans after the bye, was said at least twice that I heard

4. Was the end of half play when Tony Dungy was extremly upset at the officals for not spotting the ball more quickly after Manning kneeled the ball. They prattled on and on that Dungy was mad because the defense was really trying to go after Manning. I didn't see that at all, it looked more to me that the Colts were trying to run a trick play. It appeared that the Colts were trying to get the Texans to think that that they were walking off the field and then were going to attempt to run a play during the confusion.

All in all the commentary was awful. I would have rather listend to Q95. Do you still run into the "delay" problem? I would much rather listen to Mark and Slick when watching the Pacers as well but I can stand the delay there either.
    I guess i'm just so used to the delay that I don't notice it anymore. It does seem like it's worst at first, them after the first commerical it starts to get better. It would be cool if they could figure out a way to get it perfectly on cue.

Quote Originally Posted by Believe_in_blue
    I guess i'm just so used to the delay that I don't notice it anymore. It does seem like it's worst at first, them after the first commerical it starts to get better. It would be cool if they could figure out a way to get it perfectly on cue.
    Did the Q95 guys say anything about that last play before half-time?
    "I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post."

--Jack Nicholson as Colonel Nathan Jessup in A Few Good Men

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by Believe_in_blue
    I guess i'm just so used to the delay that I don't notice it anymore.
    The delay is worse depending on which station you're listening to and which one you're watching. If you're not listening to WIBC's feed there's a delay. Depending if you're watching on cable, satellite, or HD the delays vary. Whatever the combination is at Kegboy's the delay is so long Bob Lamey has already told you what happened before the ball is even hiked on the TV; therefore we suffer through the TV commentating.

Quote Originally Posted by grace
    The delay is worse depending on which station you're listening to and which one you're watching. If you're not listening to WIBC's feed there's a delay. Depending if you're watching on cable, satellite, or HD the delays vary. Whatever the combination is at Kegboy's the delay is so long Bob Lamey has already told you what happened before the ball is even hiked on the TV; therefore we suffer through the TV commentating.
    I've never had it that bad, but they need to find a way to time it right.

Grace, how bout you call in on the post-game show next week and tell them we want Herrman back and ask if theres any way to fix the delay.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I thought the delay was in response to Janet Jackson.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Quote Originally Posted by naturallystoned
    I thought the delay was in response to Janet Jackson.
    It's been that way every since I can remember, long before that.

I wonder if the announcers are unhappy?
    "If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you." - Jack Handy

woman without a team

I'm sure the delay has something to do with bouncing off satellites. The first time I ever noticed it I was talking to Kegboy on the phone during a game. I was listening on WIBC and he was listening on a sister station. His station was at least 3 seconds behind WIBC.

I'm not going to call the post game show and tell them I want Mark Herman back. First of all it would be perceived as a slight against Ted. Like I said before, I like him. I just miss Mark.

I do think their post game show was better when Mark was actually in the locker room doing the interviews. Does the fact that he's not there any more keep me from listening? No. I never listened that much in the first place.

I was going to say I don't care who's on as long as one of them is Bob Lamey. But then they might stick Todd Harris on the show. (If you don't know who Todd Harris is go to RATS' IRL board.)

And to everyone who complains about something and says it needs to be fixed just remember the fixing takes money. Do you really want more commercials?