Thread: WE'RE DONE !!!!!!!

Default WE'RE DONE !!!!!!!

HA HA HA - Got ya!

No, we're not quite there yet. We only have about 100 picks to go & 4 days to get 'em done in. Still, I'd like to see us wrap this up before the weekend.

If you're going to be away you could toss a few extra guys on your list, send me some options for you when your select comes up or if nothing else at least post something here or on the forum letting us know why there is a delay in making a pick.

I got caught a couple times myself where my list was wiped out by the picks right in front of me. I thought I had things covered & you, yes, YOU!, you took my guy. Don't for one second think I'm gonna let that go either. Once the seasons starts you will be my personal Ned Beatty. Trust me, that little piggy didn't eat roast beef.

Sorry --- I'm better now.

And yes I know, most of us have jobs and families & I'll go as far to say some of us need a nap now & again.

I think we're doing alright!

Hang in there guys we're almost there.

Default Re: WERE DONE !!!!!!!

You're a bad person.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sometime between when I went to bed last night and this morning things changed from "Oh crap - we'll still be drafting next week" to "Looks like I won't have to worry about picks this weekend."

It was like magic ...
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

sweabs

Sorry I took so long on that last pick.

I stayed up until 3am, but the picks weren't moving so I set a contingency list and everyone was taken before I went to bed

Default Re: WE'RE DONE !!!!!!!

James,

I'm going to be away from the computer from 3 to 9 or so today.

I've got picks in my CL, but if they all get taken, feel free to pick for me so I don't hold things up. I know that time slot is prime time for everybody to check in and pick. I think I've got my center minutes covered, so best player availble works, with a bit more priority on guards.

Doug
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

I'll keep an eye on your list Doug.

James,

I'll use my list to make my next pick, but the last two picks are consecutive and I will have specific needs with them: 1 G or GF, 1 FC or C or F who will probably pass a FC vote. If I leave up my list I would probably get two guys that are the same.

I'll dump my list after my next pick if I can, or if you see that my pick has been made, can you dump them for me and later make the last two picks for me?

You can guess who I'm interested in by the makeup of my 30-man contingency list up now.

Thanks,

Tom

James,

I e-mailed you the list of whom I want for my last two picks-- I'm out.

Thanks!

If we get to Tom's pick before 8 o'clock tonight you'll have to wait on me to get home from karate to get his list & make the pick.

We should have the draft wrapped up by Thursday night.

Well, my team stinks but I'm finally done with the draft......

Quote Originally Posted by pacertom
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    James,

I e-mailed you the list of whom I want for my last two picks-- I'm out.

Thanks!
    You weenie! NOBODY who uses a phrase like whom I want will EVER beat me in ANY fantasy league.

Next you'll be talking about things being "salubrious", "loquacious" and "edifying."

Thanks James.

Your picks will hopefully be effectual. You are an able chieftan and a congenial colleague.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wow, in looking at the later rounds, Diamond Dave made some killer late round sleeper picks.

The teams that worry me so far are Diamond Dave, Number Seven, PacerFaninAZ, Gyron, and Dipperdunk.

This ought to be a great fantasy basketball season, and playoffs.

Two picks before me, and I've got 4 in my CL. Woo-hoo!
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

I scare someone???? Wow, this should be fun.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by burnzone
    Wow, in looking at the later rounds, Diamond Dave made some killer late round sleeper picks.

The teams that worry me so far are Diamond Dave, Number Seven, PacerFaninAZ, Gyron, and Dipperdunk.

This ought to be a great fantasy basketball season, and playoffs.
    Aaaaawwwwwrrrrrriiiiiiggggghhhhhhttttttt

Claxton, Croshere, and Posey should be quite beneficial from where I drafted them. Since Croshere, mark my words, will start for the first month of the season.
    House Name: Pacers

House Sigil:

House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave

Claxton, Croshere, and Posey should be quite beneficial from where I drafted them. Since Croshere, mark my words, will start for the first month of the season.
    All of them stolen, stolen I say!, (along with Salmons) from my contingency list...................

My draft sort of worries me. I was pretty much able to get who I wanted when I wanted to. The only player that was really "stolen" was when BC took Garcia.

I'm pretty happy with my first 7 picks but after that, not so much. I knew I was picking Battier above where he belonged but I wanted that G/F "anchor" who gets minutes. Cabarkapa's a bit of a dice roll - if he gets PT he'll put up big numbers. So I can live with that. Brunson is what he is, but he'll play and that's fine for the 12th rd. Pietrus might be my sleeper pick.

But what was I thinking when I picked Barbosa? Looks like he'll be Nash's backup but his numbers suck. I'm sure I had a reason but I can't remember just what that was.

I rolled the dice on the health of Shaq and Webber.

Webber will never be the webber of old, but even last year before the trade he was putting up gaudy fantasy numbers, about 1.3 FPPM. The fit with Jim O'Brien was a disaster, obviously, in minutes and productivity. That is over now. If he gives me 75 games and 30 minutes per at 1.1 FPPM, that's a good mid-to-late second round pick. If he gives me 40 games I have to rely on my swingmen for F minutes and fall back to bench Gs like House and Maurice Williams, solid FPPM guys whose playing time could be erratic.

The most troubling thing about Shaq is the history of taking the last week off if their playoff position is settled. But hey, if that means losing in the finals, I'll take it. I want to get there!

The Magliore trade hurts me in Joe Smith's minutes, but it might help me in P.J. Brown's minutes and rebounding.

I think Eddie Griffin becomes a fantasy monster and Ben Gordon became a top-level fantasy guard. Dunleavy and Gerald Wallace seem to be more the focus of their teams' offenses as well.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave

Speedy was next on my list at the point you drafted him, you *******. :finger:

I drafted a lot of rooks at the end. I figured their potential was better than the remaining "veterans" that were on the board when I drafted.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hill out for 6 weeks!!!! *******!!!!! WHY!? WHY!? CAN HE NOT STAY HEALTHY!!!!!
    House Name: Pacers

House Sigil:

House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

When I saw "abdominal injury" I stayed away from Grant even though he was by far the best available at one point. I literally had him on my contingency list, and then read more about his injury and dropped him just in time.

I lost Bobby Jackson to an abdominal strain for what seemed like half a season last year.

You might want to look at Green too. I think he's out for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by pacertom
    When I saw "abdominal injury" I stayed away from Grant even though he was by far the best available at one point. I literally had him on my contingency list, and then read more about his injury and dropped him just in time.

I lost Bobby Jackson to an abdominal strain for what seemed like half a season last year.
    I could tell you a Jamal Mashburn story ...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This is actually my third year doing this. Last year I did okay, getting to the second round of the playoffs. First year I didn't even make the playoffs, thanks to injuries to Arenas AND Wade. Man, my backcourt was atrocious for a while.