Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Let's get right down to it: Are we going to lose to the Patriots?

Mood

Default Let's get right down to it: Are we going to lose to the Patriots?

are obviously next on the schedule after the BYE on Monday Night Football.

So, are coming out of there 7-1, or 8-0? Explain your answer (Ooh! I'm SUCH a teacher now! )

Default Re: Let's get right down to it: Are we going to lose to the Patriots?

We'll lose....Colts are going to play timid against the historic return of Teddy..Jeff Saturday does not want to be the man that kills him. Jake Scott on the other hand will, the game will stop, everyone will pray, game will be forfeited.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

We'll lose because its the bye week and Tony is giving the guys 6 days off. We'll be rusty and scared. As usual we won't play "Colts" football and the NE crowd will completely devower the Colts mental toughness. We'll see lots of dropped balls and dumbass screen passess for 2 yard gains.
    All in for DG33

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

When I first saw the schedule, this is one game where I marked it as a loss. I just don't see us winning this one, and of course if we do lose, the media will have a field day.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We SHOULD win, but being 7-0 makes me a little uneasy entering this one. Pats 34, Ponies 31
    "I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right."

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

We'll lose. It's a perfect storm of losing: after a bye week away from home at New England.

We're screwed.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Wow, such negativity! Is this reverse psychology? Is there a smilie for that?

We're a better team than last year. They're a worse team, even with the return of sir teddy. They're more in our fans' heads, than in the Colts' heads. We'll win. And even if we don't, the character and experience we'll gain in the second half of the season with our tough schedule (assuming we don't get injured as well) will hold us in good stead for the playoffs.

The good part of the season starts for us in 2 weeks. Do we have weaknesses, can we be beaten? Sure, but we already know other "tough" teams are beatable as well -- Denver, Pittsburgh, NE, Cincy, Jax.

There has to be a time when the course of events reverses. I think that time is now.
    Don't thank me, I'll kill ya.

Geez! Where's everybody's team spirit? I say we win!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2007 Super Bowl XLI Champions!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think the Colts have a great chance to win this game. If you take away the history and just look at them as two teams, the Colts are much better. This year it's not even close statistically. The Pats secondary is horrible, their signing guys off the street basically to play for them. They are giving up 125 yards per game on the ground, the Colts run game this year has been the best since James was a rookie. Their secondary that has given Manning so much trouble in the past only has one pick so far this year. Not to mention 225 yards passing. This is not the same Pat team that won 3/4 SB'S!!!!! The only thing stopping the Colts from blasting the Pats is themselves, they are a better team this year.

Colts 31
    Pats 24

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If the Colts D plays like they have thus far this year, they'll win with no problem. I still think that the Colts have "held back" so to speak up to this point. They have another gear, and I highly doubt we've seen all the Colts are capable of. I hope they throw a kitchen sink full of junk at the Pats.

Obnox should go ahead and start the guess the score thread for this one. I can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by circlecitysportsfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The only thing stopping the Colts from blasting the Pats is themselves, they are a better team this year.
    Oh, I am in total agreement here, but that is the problem. For as much as the talking heads giving Peyton so much credit for being so patient this year, I've seen too many signs he can lose it pretty quick. If we have zero turnovers I believe we'll win. A fumble by Edge and a pick by Peyton and we're dead meat. Pats will capitalize on our misfortune. We've played some weak teams who haven't.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

After believing that we could win it every time beforehand, I give up. I don't think we have what it takes to win. And if you don't think the Pats are in our players' heads, you are quite delusional. Colts players are human beings, too.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by RWB
    Oh, I am in total agreement here, but that is the problem. For as much as the talking heads giving Peyton so much credit for being so patient this year, I've seen too many signs he can lose it pretty quick. If we have zero turnovers I believe we'll win. A fumble by Edge and a pick by Peyton and we're dead meat. Pats will capitalize on our misfortune. We've played some weak teams who haven't.

You see, I disagree. We don't stop ourselves, they MAKE us stop ourselves. I mean we make stupid turnovers, and I used to think that we just did stupid stuff. But don't you think it's odd that that stupid stuff always happens against them only? They are able to read our offense (very well).
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

I just don't know if the Patriots have the manpower to beat you.

But you've got to blow them out. What we saw after we knocked all their players out a few weeks agao is that if they're still in the game in the fourth quarter, no matter who is suited up for them, Brady & Co. can still find ways to win big games.

Those guys are the epitome of mental toughness.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Well there are so many factors here.

Bruschi is back how much impact can he have. Pats are not the same team as the last few years .
    As far as roster depth, and coaching staff as well. Weis has certainly shown he had alot to do with their offense scheme etc..
    As well as this is not the same Colts Team, with an improved Defense, and the a more patient offense.
    They have shown that they can win a game when they are forced to run the ball . And even when initally its not as productive they have stuck with it.

Now the question is can the Pats still scheme enough to hide some of their key losses on defense, to force Manning to have happy feet in the pocket. cover all his throwing lanes. bump our WR's off their routes and force us to run the ball. I think we should have a better game plan this time, An extra week helps no matter what anyone says.... We will need to rely on Clark and our other TE' s as well to catch some passes in the middle of the field , to help from just keying on our WR's.

All in all I expect this to be a hard fought game, but I have to give the edge this time to Indy the difference being the ability to slow down Dillon who has not had as good of year as year's past. not stop him but slow him down some, and our D to pressure Brady alot more this time to force him to throw more quickly then he wants.

So yes I do predict A Colt Victory..

Why Not Us ?

Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt
    Nonsense.

Are they well-prepared for our offense? Sure. But we can score points against them. If we lost yards on every single play and turned it over on every pass, then you might be right.

But that's quite an assertion to make and not possibly accurate.
    Fine, I'll change that from perfectly to very well.

Then explain the 31 points in the infamous "McGinest dies at mid-field only to become Jesus one play later" game?

The weather and the Patriots physicality beat us. Not their ability to diagnose every play. We've always been able to move the ball against them. We just have to be able to finish drives, a problem we have against anyone.
    When I say read the offense, I don't mean that they stop us every time. They have a knack for finding turnovers against us. Stupid turnovers that don't normally happen. Part of that has to do with their physical play. But somehow a LB picks off Peyton at the worst times. And Edge fumbles at the 1 yard line (though he seems to like to do that).

And McGinest can fornicate himself with sharp stick. Seriously.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    You see, I disagree. We don't stop ourselves, they MAKE us stop ourselves. I mean we make stupid turnovers, and I used to think that we just did stupid stuff. But don't you think it's odd that that stupid stuff always happens against them only? They are able to read our offense (very well).
    Oh yeah, they had us OWNED. However have you seen that team play THIS year? That's simply not the same team that's beaten us 7 straight times. They are weak and this is the game we let them have it.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I swear I read this same thing a thousand times last January..........

Were the pats a .500 team last january? Did they lose 41-17 at home last january? Were they down 28-3 to Denver last January? Did they only have one pick last october? I don't blame anybody for thinking different than me, but this cycle has to be broken sometime, might as well be this time.

I swear I read this same thing a thousand times last January..........
    Correct there was alot of talk last year after an impressive offensive show for an entire season..

You can sense a real shift in emotion. as this year its alot more cautious optimism at best. I think however that is good, going in with the mindset that we are going to just lay the wood .,, that;s not going to get it done.

I think you will see that Indy has finally suffered enough and paid it's dues.
    I think it will be a dogfight, but Indy well have that extra hunger after years of torment that will put them over the edge.

Why Not Us ?

woman without a team

Well if the team takes the same approach as "Are we going to lose to the Patriots" I'd say that probably yes we will lose.

Actually I think it's a good idea to give the team six days off. If they stayed around here all week and practiced every media person in the western hemisphere would be shoving mics in the team's face asking "Are you going to lose to the Patriots?" At least this way they can rent a couple boats and go meditate.

My opinion on who will actually WIN the game? Two teams. One game. I think that means our chances are 50-50.

I'll NEVER admit I think we can win the game. I'm too superstitious to say something like that out loud.

Dungy vs Belichek....

Hmmmmm

What say you Btown?

-Bball
    O'Brien has been fired! Yay! What took so long?

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by grace
    At least this way they can rent a couple boats and go meditate.
    Renting boats worked well for the Vikings on their bye week....

-Bball
    O'Brien has been fired! Yay! What took so long?

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Neither can tackle that well?

I heard Dungy does some serious cut blocking.... Go for the knees !!!

Why Not Us ?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Slade
    I heard Dungy does some serious cut blocking.... Go for the knees !!!
    And we're officially off topic.........31 posts. A new record.