Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: That's right, I did it.

Default Re: That's right, I did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So, just for curiosity Displaced Knick, how many of my 7 picks were in your top 109?

And I wonder who the one player is.......
    Who'd ya pick?

As for the 2nd question - sorry!
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    Who'd ya pick?

As for the 2nd question - sorry!
    Iverson, Dwight Howard, Okur, and Josh Smith are probably no brainers.

I picked Bobby Jackson, Bonzi Wells, and Antonio Daniels after that.

I'm taking a risk that Jackson will be healthy, and I was pretty happy that Wells dropped to 139.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Iverson, Dwight Howard, Okur, and Josh Smith are probably no brainers.

I picked Bobby Jackson, Bonzi Wells, and Antonio Daniels after that.

I'm taking a risk that Jackson will be healthy, and I was pretty happy that Wells dropped to 139.
    Out of those players the lowest player I had was Daniels at 97, and if I was sure he'd be starting all year he'd have been higher than that. I could see Wash. going with an Arenas-Hayes backcourt - depends on how their 1st 10 games go IMO.

You'd be surprised at how low I rated Iverson.

Oh - and Tom just grabbed the last member of my hot one hundred - I had Wallace at 94.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well for the injury concern I could see him being lowered, although he still seems to play through injury. If I had control of that 11th pick I would have taken Marion or Brand, but I made that trade after he was picked.

I made the deal to move up and get Howard, and I ended up getting Josh Smith cause of the 13 pick gain I got in round 4.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

Well for the injury concern I could see him being lowered, although he still seems to play through injury. If I had control of that 11th pick I would have taken Marion or Brand, but I made that trade after he was picked.
    The injuries overall is part of it, but even more than that, he's always banged up at the end of the season and always gets rested the last few games - plays limited minutes or even sits a couple games to get healthy.

The last few games of the season just happens to be when we have our finals.

Shaq's even more of a curse. He puts up these monster numbers all season - then always rests the last 2-3 games. I dreaded getting the 6th pick this year - I was afraid I'd have to choose between him or a 2nd tier player.

sweabs

I'm convinced that my draft position was the worst you could get. I got the 14th pick overall, and worst of all, I've had to sit out this entire round while the remaining "good" players are leaving...it's a crucial point in the draft...I'm not sure what round exactly, but I know I have the last pick in it. And then I get the first pick in the next round, only to wait the rest of that round out, and get another 2 lousy picks in a row.

2 sets of picks, back to back. It's frustrating waiting, especially when like I said, this is the time where those last guys are just leaving before your eyes.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well I had the 6th pick, picked Kobe with it and traded him. I was really hoping Dirk would drop to 6th but that didn't happen. I knew Peck wasn't going to take him, but Doug took forever to make his pick (in my mind), and decided to take Dirk.

but Doug took forever to make his pick (in my mind), and decided to take Dirk.
    That's what happens when you're on vacation in Florida without Internet access. (I know you weren't pointing fingers at me for taking too long, but thought I should comment anyway.) Hey, I planned my vacation so I'd be back in time for the draft.

I walked in the door and was "on the clock" in both leagues. Considering that i was planning on doing my draft research Friday night, I thought I did pretty well. Usually I've got a full list of the first 200 players, in order. This time I had nothing, nada, zip, zilch.

Actually, my ABA draft is going OK, I think, but I royally screwed up my keeper league picks, especially the first one - I panic'd when I saw I was up. I have a pretty unbalanced and largely injured team now.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I wasn't pointing a finger at you, I was just nervous wondering who you were going to take so it seemed 10x longer.

sweabs

Way to go Diamond Dave.........nice pick..................

I swear to god - this 14th pick gives you THE WORST possible picks later on.......this is brutal.

EDIT: Go ahead, give me the crybaby award. I missed out on the last golden area to get some nice players...

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    Way to go Diamond Dave.........nice pick..................

I swear to god - this 14th pick gives you THE WORST possible picks later on.......this is brutal.

EDIT: Go ahead, give me the crybaby award. I missed out on the last golden area to get some nice players...
    You don't get the 14th pick every round. It snakes for 2 rounds then randomly creates the order again snakes for the next round and repeat. You just got unlucky selection order I would guess.

I wasn't pointing a finger at you, I was just nervous wondering who you were going to take so it seemed 10x longer.
    I know. It's quite nerve-racking waiting for that pick just in front of you.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

Well, I'm out. I just hope this doesn't actually start moving and I get both of the top two guys on my CL before morning.

That would be bad.

sweabs

Come on Mourning - wake up!!! I've waited way too long for these 2 stupid picks of mine...then I have to wait another few days for my next back-to-backs.

Ugh...I got robbed I tell ya...ROBBED!

I've got 11 in my list. There's 10 picks before me.

It's dark, and I'm wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

- Jimmy Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    Ugh...I got robbed I tell ya...ROBBED!
    I'm pretty sure I ended up with the worst draft positions, but maybe it's just me.....

The best I could do in any of the groupings was the third pick of the 7th/8th round group. Other than that I had 18, 21, 18, 21, and 22........