Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 41

Thread: That's right, I did it.

  1. #1
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default That's right, I did it.

    I rolled the dice on Darko.

    We'll see how that pans out as the season goes along, I suppose.

    I was the idiot who took a chance on Bender a year ago, too. Not doing that again.

    Curse whomever took Danny Granger, though.

  2. #2
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: That's right, I did it.

    Good luck! I was kind of thinking about taking him later, because whenever I pick a sleeper, they inevitably fail (which wouldn't upset me in Darko's case).

  3. #3
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: That's right, I did it.

    Well, we're back on Roaming Gnome. See you all on Tuesday!

  4. #4
    Mjolnir Diamond Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Crawfordsville
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,175
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: That's right, I did it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, we're back on Roaming Gnome. See you all on Tuesday!
    See ya then.

    I also am somewhat rolling the dice with Grant Hill. IMO he could be the steal of the draft (as he has true superstar potential), but one injury and its all down the drain.
    House Name: Pacers

    House Sigil:



    House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

  5. #5
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: That's right, I did it.

    I would have taken him if you hadn't.

  6. #6
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: That's right, I did it.

    I'm rolling the dice on a couple guys.

    1) TJ Ford: He could be a guy who racks up assists for me with a couple steals, and 11-13 ppg. But he could also get injured from the get go and be useless. At least he has the sharpshooters around him to get assists.

    2) Al Jefferson: They let Fatoine go for a reason...I hope he really starts to shine this year, because this isn't the only league where I've taken the risk on him.

  7. #7
    Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,049
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: That's right, I did it.

    I'm rolling the dice on Bobby Jackson that he won't get injured. If not there's no doubt he'll be a great pick.

    Did a slight bit with Josh Smith as well but he was very solid last year and should improve.

    I liked getting Okur at 59, and Howard at 38.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

    ----------------- Reggie Miller

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,096

    Default Re: That's right, I did it.

    My one gamble so far is Alston. Not from a production standpoint which should be quite good but I could see him and JVG having serious philosophical disagreements resulting in him riding the bench.

    OTOH, JVG has a good record with malcontents. As of now he's the projected starter anyway.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  9. #9
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,502

    Default Re: That's right, I did it.

    You think you took a risk?

    I took Kwame Brown only to go & look at his stats last nights game


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  10. #10
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,621

    Default Re: That's right, I did it.

    I'm just trying to make solid picks.

    I rolled all my dice (and then some) in the keeper league.

    I thought about Kwame instead of Nene, but if Kenyon Martin gets hurt, Nene should get some of his minutes so it won't be as bad as it could be.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  11. #11
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,961

    Default Re: That's right, I did it.

    I took a risk with Samuel Dalembert. If he finally breaks out and starts collecting double-doubles and blocking even more, like he was supposed to do this last season, before he got in the coach's doghouse (sp?), then I have good hope.

    I think he could do that as he did well for Phillie in the last play-offs against Detroit, picking up double-doubles in virtually all those games.

    ON THE OTHER HAND ... it was a contract year for him, so I'm really hoping he doesn't hang up with Marc Blount and Erick Dampier in the summer and he isn't exactly the model for consistency either .

    Regards,

    Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  12. #12
    Member burnzone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    38
    Posts
    695

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: That's right, I did it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Curse whomever took Danny Granger, though.
    Thanks for the vote of confidence, now watch me go out and get hit by a train or something, since I picked 'The Curse of Danny Granger'

    But I really don't feel like it was rolling the dice on him, actually at the time, I was wanting Josh Howard, and he was picked right before then, but with Danny, I feel like it's like rolling a 7 or 11.

    I'm pretty confident that Danny will be getting close to starters minutes, if not starting on opening night.

    I expect to see JT, Jax, Ron, Danny, JO, as the starting 5, with Sarunas, JB, and Fred being the first guys off the bench.

  13. #13
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,811

    Default Re: That's right, I did it.

    Quote Originally Posted by burnzone
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I expect to see JT, Jax, Ron, Danny, JO, as the starting 5, with Sarunas, JB, and Fred being the first guys off the bench.
    Until the Hulkster gets back and pushes Danny to the bench......

  14. #14
    Administrator Roaming Gnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,933

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: That's right, I did it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, we're back on Roaming Gnome. See you all on Tuesday!
    Tough Crowd...
    Sorry about Saturday, I was out most of the day and got on here when I could.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

  15. #15
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,811

    Default Re: That's right, I did it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Gnome
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tough Crowd...
    Sorry about Saturday, I was out most of the day and got on here when I could.
    At least you didn't get called out for taking two hours on a twelve hour clock.......

  16. #16
    Member burnzone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    38
    Posts
    695

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: That's right, I did it.

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Until the Hulkster gets back and pushes Danny to the bench......
    Yeah, I would like to see Harrison starting on opening night, but since he blew a hole in the side of his abdominal muscle eating all that peanut brittle, it might be a couple weeks, but hopefully sooner than later.

  17. #17
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: That's right, I did it.

    Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    w00t..............

    n00bie

  18. #18
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,811

    Default Re: That's right, I did it.

    Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote



  19. #19
    2014 IKL Champion DrBadd01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    United States.
    Posts
    1,949

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: That's right, I did it.

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Until the Hulkster gets back and pushes Danny to the bench......
    He was going to be my pick until you took him the pick before me!!!

  20. #20
    Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,049
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: That's right, I did it.

    Curse whoever took McDyess right before me (BostonCnextion). Fairly happy with Antonio Daniels, but Dice would have completed my team.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

    ----------------- Reggie Miller

  21. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,096

    Default Re: That's right, I did it.

    I'll say this - after about 150 picks all but 1 of the top 109 on my list have been drafted. I don't think that's ever happened before - there are always 10 or so of my top 100 left when the 7th rd starts.

    IOW - you're all doomed! You think like me!!!
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  22. #22

    Default Re: That's right, I did it.

    I know that some people don't like to use contingency lists at all. But why wouldn't you put at least one guy on your list-- answering the question "If I were drafting now, I'd pick..."

    I'm reminded of this because on a couple of instances somebody has taken a lot of time to make a pick. When he finally did, we wait for the next owner in line to make a pick, and see that this owner had checked in recently but either put nobody on contingency or (unlikely) wanted the same guy as the owner right before him.

    What could possibly be the harm in putting at least one player on contingency at all times, especially if your turn is 1,2,or 3 picks away?

  23. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,096

    Default Re: That's right, I did it.

    Quote Originally Posted by pacertom
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know that some people don't like to use contingency lists at all. But why wouldn't you put at least one guy on your list-- answering the question "If I were drafting now, I'd pick..."

    I'm reminded of this because on a couple of instances somebody has taken a lot of time to make a pick. When he finally did, we wait for the next owner in line to make a pick, and see that this owner had checked in recently but either put nobody on contingency or (unlikely) wanted the same guy as the owner right before him.

    What could possibly be the harm in putting at least one player on contingency at all times, especially if your turn is 1,2,or 3 picks away?
    Yeah - I'm sorry now that I advocated 12 hours/pick. Be better to have a 15 or 30 min limit and skip some people. At the current pace (16 picks in a day) we should be able to finish about a week after the season starts.

    I wasn't bothered by the pace yesterday - much - but that's changed today. In particular, it bugs me when someone logs on, then logs off again without making a pick when it's his turn - or is logged on for half an hour to an hour before picking.

    The only conclusion I can come to is some people didn't do their homework before the draft, and it's holding everything up.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  24. #24
    Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,049
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: That's right, I did it.

    So, just for curiosity Displaced Knick, how many of my 7 picks were in your top 109?

    And I wonder who the one player is.......
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

    ----------------- Reggie Miller

  25. #25
    Member BostonConnection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Paahking my caahr in Haahvad Yaahd... ;-)
    Posts
    4,694

    Default Re: That's right, I did it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Curse whoever took McDyess right before me (BostonCnextion). Fairly happy with Antonio Daniels, but Dice would have completed my team.
    Sorry about that CJ, "them's the breaks" as they say...

    Besides, Daniels is a pretty fair consolation prize, I picked him up in the Keeper League myself.
    Your horse is dead, get off it already...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •