Thread: The Commish job is open

Default The Commish job is open

You want it, put your name up for a vote.

You will have my support.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Default Re: The Commish job is open

What's this?
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

sweabs

If this has anything to do with my comments, I'm sorry. It's not your fault at all, and like you said, it's nearly impossible to get 24 people to collectively sit in front of their computer and draft at the same time.

It's just frustrating to constantly log in/out to see where things are at, and nothing has moved at all. I'm sorry - I was just releasing my frustration. It's not your fault at all; please do not take offense to what I said.

I think you should stay as commish.

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think you should stay as commish.
    Agreed. You did everything you could have done. Once you click "start draft" things are no longer in your control. They're up to us...and you outlined what is expected from us perfectly..............

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah you've done an awesome job as commish.

The only thing I think we could do in the future is set up a main list of players in order (or just find a list on a website), and if somebody goes past their time, then the highest player on the list goes to that team, and we can adjust based on position need.

Don't get too frustrated.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Not to mention the probably countless PM's you send us. RCarey said it well when he mentioned the frustration of things not moving forward, but that's not your fault.

I stand by my comments regarding the 24-hour rule and that I was against it (and still am), I also note that more than a normal majority was in favour of this rule, so again this is not laying the blame or the *****ing on you.

It would be kind though that IF people know they aren't going to be around for a substantial amount of time that they DO make a CL or a short CL.

Conclusion: we don't want you gone as a Commish at all.

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It would be kind though that IF people know they aren't going to be around for a substantial amount of time that they DO make a CL or a short CL.
    Or even a little warning ahead of time, so that we know we don't have to check in constantly.

It's a learning process, Jose. It's the first time; there were bound to be some mix ups like this. Once again - I'm very sorry if I offended you.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Jose, you have done a great job with this. Very few here would have taken the time to organize, email, pm, etc... that you have.

I don't want anyone else being the commish.

That being said I would be all for a 12 hour clock, or for people to give you some power to select for them. I understand that I was one of the people that this was designed for, and I am very thankful. However I still think that 12 hr limits is reasonable, and if a person knows they can't be there in for 12 hrs then they could email you a list to draft for them.

We are really going to have to pick this up if we want to beat the start of the season. That is in no way a reflection on you.
    House Name: Pacers

House Sigil:

House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

James , as i said at the site, you do a great job. Personally I'd want no part of the commish headaches.

Jose,
    You are the best commish in every and any fantasy league I've been ever been in. Your attention to detail is much appreciated. Don't go bro!

-Brandon (Grudzel)
    Dallas Clark>Tony Gonzalez

I have no clue what's going on, as work caught up with me, but if this is what I think it is, then ^%$!^$%£!^%$"

James, it's you or no game as far as I am concerned
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Paahking my caahr in Haahvad Yaahd... ;-)

Just posting this here too since I posted it in the Trash Talk page of the hoops.sports.ws site.

I know that there is frustration over the pace of the draft. However the reality is the extended pick clock was needed to allow the draft to move forward under a variety of schedule challenges that were beyond Jose's control. IMO Jose did everything one should have under the circumstances: he asked us our opinions, took all that he knew into account, made a difficult but reasoned decision on how to proceed, let everyone know well in advance what was going to happen and why, and gave us regular and timely reminders. That's exactly what a good league commish should do.

I'm willing to stand by any decision Jose ultimately decides to make, but I honestly think he is doing an excellent job running our league, as he always does, and personally would like to see him continue his role as commissioner. Just my 2 cents.
    Your horse is dead, get off it already...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Nobody wants it Jose, so you're stuck with it.

Seriously, though, if you bail, I will as well. So you're staying, damn it!

BC's post more than sums up my thoughts on this as well.