Thread: Brad Miller Second Best Center ? Fantasy Wise

Default Brad Miller Second Best Center ? Fantasy Wise

Just for you Hicks..

Fantasy Hoops: Top 25 Centers
    Rank Player Comment
    • 1 Tim Duncan, SA, FC Getting a bit Shaq-like at the line, and he's missed some games the past two years, but he's never had below 20 points, 11 boards and 2 blocks in his career.
    • 2 Brad Miller, Sac, C A healthy Miller is capable of 15 pts, 10 reb, 3-4 ast, 1-plus blocks and steals to go with solid shooting percentages.
    • 3 Yao Ming, Hou, C Still a little soft for my liking, but he has improved each season and is capable of much more.
    • 4 Shaquille O'Neal, Mia, C We know what he can do (pts, reb, blk, FG%). How about the downside: FT% is roto death, PT on decline and he takes a vacation (DNPs) during fantasy playoffs.
    • 5 Ben Wallace, Det, FC A Hustle Board dynamo, Wallace is a monster in boards, blocks and steals. Thankfully he doesn't get to the line enough for his FT% to cripple owners.
    • 6 Emeka Okafor, Cha, FC Had 47 double-doubles as a rookie. A nice encore would be to boost blocks above 2.0 and FG% closer to .500. He's certainly capable.
    • 7 Marcus Camby, Den, C Most fantasy owners would settle for Camby's 66 games played every year. He's a monster, but the fear is injuries eating up a half season or more.
    • 8 Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Cle, C A steady, efficient scorer whose sexiest attribute is the two blocks per game.
    • 9 Rasheed Wallace, Det, FC The rare center who can drop a three and block a shot per game.
    • 10 Joel Przybilla, Por, C Averaged 10.1 rebounds, 2.8 blocks, .594 FG% as a starter. He'll play more this season.
    • 11 Amare Stoudemire, Pho, FC Sure, he's likely out until after the All-Star break, but adding him for final two months could make the difference in a fantasy title run.
    • 12 Raef LaFrentz, Bos, FC Like 'Sheed, the blocks/treys combo makes him a rarity. So was the fact that he stayed healthy last season.
    • 13 Samuel Dalembert, Phi, C Will tease owners with isolated big games (blocks, rebounds), but has yet to put it together. He'll get another opportunity this season.
    • 14 Andrew Bogut, Mil, C Superb passing rookie has offensive skills and has been impressive on glass in preseason.
    • 15 Chris Kaman, LAC, C High-percentage shooter should get 30-plus minutes for 1st time. Solid points, boards and blocks should follow.
    • 16 Jamaal Magloire, NO, C A return to health means solid points, boards and blocks, and near.500 shooting. But watch out for Chris Anderson.
    • 17 Stromile Swift, Hou, FC His 1.5 blocks per game in 21 minutes a night for Memphis last season projects nicely with more minutes to come in Houston.
    • 18 Mehmet Okur, Utah, C Averaged 15 points, 9 boards and a block as a starter (25 games). He'll be a regular top-fiver for the Jazz this season.
    • 19 Nenad Krstic, NJ, C Has offensive skills (13.6 ppg after All-Star break), but boards and blocks are slight for a 7-footer.
    • 20 Brendan Haywood, Was, C Will see more paint time with Kwame Brown gone. Shoots over 50% and may wind up blocking two shots a game.
    • 21 Lorenzen Wright, Mem, C Can dominate on the glass when healthy and seeing regular minutes. With Swift gone, he'll get his regular PT.
    • 22 Eddy Curry, NY, C So much potential, but so many negatives. Those being: heart issues, defense issues, platoon issues (Channing Frye, Jerome James).
    • 23 Primoz Brezec, Cha, C Good scorer - inside and out - but blocks and boards are the of the soft, Euro variety.
    • 24 Erick Dampier, Dal, C Fantasy owners long for the Dampier who averaged 12 boards and 2 blocks in his contract year two years ago. With a fat, new contract, his numbers took a vacation.
    • 25 P.J. Brown, NO, FC Perhaps the most unexciting pick in fantasy, but he delivers close to a double-double every year.

http://fantasysports.yahoo.com/analy...ue=fantasy/nba

Why Not Us ?

woman without a team

Default Re: Brad Miller Second Best Center ? Fantasy Wise

Andrew Bogut above Primoz? No freakin' way!

where are all the pacers? Oh thats right I remember, we don't have any good centers.

Mood

Thats why I drafted him #1 this year. Between Brad and Emeka Okafor I am set at the 5 spot.
    Dallas Clark>Tony Gonzalez

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by bmac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thats why I drafted him #1 this year. Between Brad and Emeka Okafor I am set at the 5 spot.
    Even I knew not the draft him that high.

Quote Originally Posted by bmac
    You mean number one overall or number one center ?
    Also I am curious to see the addition of SAR if that has any effect on his numbers. Probably not but that could factor into it.

Why Not Us ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Slade
    You mean number one overall or number one center ?
    Also I am curious to see the addition of SAR if that has any effect on his numbers. Probably not but that could factor into it.
    I didn't want SAR so much, but I ended up with him trusting my contingency list....... Not real thrilled about having two Sacramento front court players, but whatever...... I picked Bradley at 21. He was my first pick, and the best available center. He's used up his injury jinx and will be healthy all year. (please god)
    Dallas Clark>Tony Gonzalez

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't know which is worse for us. Brad Miller being 2nd or Primoz being 23rd.