Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5-3

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default 5-3

This is what we need in the next 8 games to exceed our start of 37-15 last year, before the slump began.

Houston
    @ Washington
    Phoenix
    Boston
    LA Lakers
    @ New York
    @ Toronto
    Miami

This team also has precious little left to prove. IMO, this is what we should shoot for as our remaining goals this season:

- 59 wins, exceeding the franchise-best record of 58-24
    - beating the Lakers
    - beating the Kings

And then, of course, a trip to the NBA Finals. And hopefully, a championship. :

Default Re: 5-3

This is what we need in the next 8 games to exceed our start of 37-15 last year, before the slump began.

Houston
    @ Washington
    Phoenix
    Boston
    LA Lakers
    @ New York
    @ Toronto
    Miami

This team also has precious little left to prove. IMO, this is what we should shoot for as our remaining goals this season:

- 59 wins, exceeding the franchise-best record of 58-24
    - beating the Lakers
    - beating the Kings

And then, of course, a trip to the NBA Finals. And hopefully, a championship. :

I think a nice little win in New York would be nice as well.
    Two=the number 2
    Too=means "also"
    To=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (two, too) do not apply.

Their=shows ownership-'it is their house'
    They're=they are
    There=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (their, they're) do not apply

Sorry but it bugs me when these are used incorrectly when I read posts on PacersDigest.com.

I'll take a shot at guessing these:

Houston W
    @ Washington W
    Phoenix W
    Boston W
    LA Lakers *
    @ New York W
    @ Toronto W
    Miami W

* Depends on the injuries. If all 4 are back, I can see an L.

Damn, I really thought I was going to put at least one or two L's here, but if we keep this effort up, we simply won't lose these games.

Add also that we're due to have a bad loss that we shouldn't have, so I'll say we're either going to go 8-0, 7-1, or 6-2.

So we should at least be 38-14.

Let this be the official "how will we do" thread

Houston W
    @ Washington W
    Phoenix W
    Boston W
    LA Lakers W
    @ New York W
    @ Toronto W
    Miami W

We OWN Houston....Washington is garbage....Phoenix lost marbury
    boston can't beat us now....NY has NOTHING down low....Toronto is ok but not nearly as good as us...miami...WE OWN THEM TOO

The only team that could beat us if we play well is LA

If we lose more than 2 games I will declare myself a bucks fan

I'll take a shot at guessing these:

Houston W
    @ Washington W
    Phoenix W
    Boston W
    LA Lakers *
    @ New York W
    @ Toronto W
    Miami W

* Depends on the injuries. If all 4 are back, I can see an L.

Damn, I really thought I was going to put at least one or two L's here, but if we keep this effort up, we simply won't lose these games.

Add also that we're due to have a bad loss that we shouldn't have, so I'll say we're either going to go 8-0, 7-1, or 6-2.

So we should at least be 38-14.
    I agree with that. I could see us losing the Houston or New York game if we beat the Lakers.

I'm going with 7-1 for a record of 40-12.

Tim

The team is due to let up mentally so people need to mark at least two if not three losses somewhere.

I give an automatic L to the NY game. Like the Hawks they play us pretty tight, and the Pacers usually don't play well in NY. Add to that the Isiah factor, he will let it be known that he wants to beat the Pacers in NY.

Timmy Timmy Timmy

why can we not rattle off a double digit streak like the pistons did??????

The team is due to let up mentally so people need to mark at least two if not three losses somewhere.

I give an automatic L to the NY game. Like the Hawks they play us pretty tight, and the Pacers usually don't play well in NY. Add to that the Isiah factor, he will let it be known that he wants to beat the Pacers in NY.
    So you're saying we might have to settle for a 38-14 record? DARN.

Pessimist. ed: :P

Houston W
    @ Washington W
    Phoenix W
    Boston W
    LA Lakers L
    @ New York W
    @ Toronto L
    Miami W

I think we will lose 2 games somewhere....lakers i think we will lose no matter what...and toronto always gives problems....and i think houston we might lose too....but i dunno...reason being we are on an emotional high, and we may forget to play...plus big break
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

reggie plays well in new york. and he's in top form just now.

i don't doubt pacers would want to show up their old coach either

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Houston (L)
    @ Washington (L)
    Phoenix (W)
    Boston (L)
    LA Lakers (L)
    @ New York (L)
    @ Toronto (W)
    Miami (W???)

For some reason Washington worries me, New York is going to be looking for blood, and Boston seems to have our number. I promise you, the Lakers have our game circled and will flat bring it (again).

So...keeping with the Good Karma thread philosophy) I see 4-4 or even 3-5 as a likelihood.
    If you get to thinkiní youíre a person of some influence, try orderiní somebody elseís dog around..

Houston (L)
    @ Washington (L)
    Phoenix (W)
    Boston (L)
    LA Lakers (L)
    @ New York (L)
    @ Toronto (W)
    Miami (W???)

For some reason Washington worries me, New York is going to be looking for blood, and Boston seems to have our number. I promise you, the Lakers have our game circled and will flat bring it (again).

So...keeping with the Good Karma thread philosophy) I see 4-4 or even 3-5 as a likelihood.
    Your joking right? Even if we lost all those games I guarantee the Wizards will not beat us. I think 5-3 is the absolute lowest they will do in these games.

Let this be the official "how will we do" thread

Houston W
    @ Washington W
    Phoenix W
    Boston W
    LA Lakers W
    @ New York W
    @ Toronto W
    Miami W

We OWN Houston....Washington is garbage....Phoenix lost marbury
    boston can't beat us now....NY has NOTHING down low....Toronto is ok but not nearly as good as us...miami...WE OWN THEM TOO

The only team that could beat us if we play well is LA

If we lose more than 2 games I will declare myself a bucks fan
    Hicks,
    Regardless of the other games... we are beating the Lakers.

I'd pick Toronto for a let down. Maybe Boston. Shouldn't be both though. And of course NY is due to beat us.

In any case.... 1-2 losses in that period and the Lakers aren't one of them. I'm not telling if I am picking the Pacers over the Laker based on a well thought out pick or wishful thinking!

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

I'd predict a W for the Pacers in NY. It's not a lock but I'd put money on it.

The "new" Knicks are an uptempo, quick-hitting team. We'll have trouble against teams that get back on defense, slow things down and cut down on open looks for our shooters - all things that Indy does.

The one wild card is Marbury. If he is able to burn Tinsley/AJ and get into the lane and IF when we do that the Pacers collapse the defense and leave AH and KVH alone, we have a shot.

But the Pacers are one of the teams that doen't just collapse the defense. They move a man to pick up the ball and rotate to cover. It doesn't make dribble penetration inconsequential, but it keeps them from getting badly hurt by it.

Marbury's been playing out of his mind and the home crowd lives in NY again. That all helps. But the Pacers are clearly the better team - enough better to beat us at home (doesn't change who I'll be cheering for though).

The game I'm really interested in is the Lakers. That's the one team that embarrassed the Pacers when they blew you guys out. If I'm Indy I WANT everyone healthy and a chance to see what you can do against them. I think that if you take Malone and Shaq out that you win fairly easily - but LA will also have a ready-made excuse.

Long-term the goal needs to be best record in the league. Home court advantage throughout the playoffs. That becomes HUGE in the finals with the 2-3-2 format.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Sports Logo

THose of you who think Toronto has our number think again. They used to have our number but they traded him to Chicago for Jalen. I dont know why but Antonio has the Pacers number, Jalen does not.

Wizards should be easy I think if there is any losses here it will be because of injury or boredome.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Since this is the official prediction thread:

Houston - JVG teams always play well in Indiana - L
    @ Washington - W
    Phoenix - W
    Boston - Artest guards Paul Pierce too close; Pierce attacks basket and scores 46 points - L
    LA Lakers - Big bench clearing fight at end of game results in many Pacers suspensions - L
    @ New York - JO spends too much time genuflecting to Isiah; forgets to stop K. Thomas - L
    @ Toronto - JO sits out due to suspension from LA game; Jalen and a newly-healthy Vince combine for 75 pts, 15 assts, and 0 rebs - L
    Miami - Team accidently thinks this is an away game; flies to Miami for R&R, forfeits - L (especially upsetting because this is my next "in person" game and I'm taking Jay's_Daughter@Section222 for her fourth birthday.)

I don't see how we could possibly do better than 2-6 in this stretch of games.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Houston: win
    Washington: win
    Phoenix: win
    Boston: win
    Lakers: Loss
    New York: Loss
    Toronto: Win
    Miami: Win

Sports Logo

I dont think we are going to loose to the Knicks. Tins plays his best against top pg's I think he will bring his A game. We know Reggie will and I think Ronnie and Jermaine will want to get this one too. We have too many NY bred players who want to have big games in the apple to loose this one.

The Knicks are playing well right now but the honymoon will end soon.

Sports Logo

P.S. If the playoffs were to start today we would be facing the Knicks. They could very well be our first round opponent. I dont see us giving them any confidence in the regular season they could use in the playoffs.

Here we go again.

Houston - W
    @ Washington - W
    Phoenix - W
    Boston - L
    LAL - W
    @ NYK - W
    @ Toronto - L
    Miami - W
    NO WAY boston Beats us...

we are going to hammer them...there JO fronting D fell apart in the second half of last game...and it won't even challange us this game

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Here we go again.

Houston - W
    @ Washington - W
    Phoenix - W
    Boston - L
    LAL - W
    @ NYK - W
    @ Toronto - L
    Miami - W
    NO WAY boston Beats us...

we are going to hammer them...there JO fronting D fell apart in the second half of last game...and it won't even challange us this game

The other side of my brain tells me that game will be the one that we'll want back. We're due for a bad loss soon.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

23: Houston - W
    24: @ Washington - W
    28: Phoenix - W
    31: Boston - W
    2: LAL - W
    3: @ NYK - W
    6: @ Toronto - W
    8: Miami - W

We'll have a big break in between the Washington and Phoenix games. That could cause some rust to form and throw off our "winning rhythm." Same for Boston, especially if we lose the Phoenix game.

I think we'll be pretty motivated to beat LA and NY; those are big games for us. I'd really like to see two wins there.

Miami, Washington and Toronto should be the easiest out of the bunch, but it seems like we've lost a few "easy" games this season.

Boston's a wild card game. Could be another good win, or it could be a monkey wrench in our W-machine.

We should at least have a great chance of winning each of these games. I don't see any one in particular that seems to be a loss.
    Official Member of the Anti-Alliteration Association

THose of you who think Toronto has our number think again. They used to have our number but they traded him to Chicago for Jalen. I dont know why but Antonio has the Pacers number, Jalen does not.

Wizards should be easy I think if there is any losses here it will be because of injury or boredome.
    Not to mention Jax, which is why the Houston game worries me a little.

Since this is the official prediction thread:

Houston - JVG teams always play well in Indiana - L
    @ Washington - W
    Phoenix - W
    Boston - Artest guards Paul Pierce too close; Pierce attacks basket and scores 46 points - L
    LA Lakers - Big bench clearing fight at end of game results in many Pacers suspensions - L
    @ New York - JO spends too much time genuflecting to Isiah; forgets to stop K. Thomas - L
    @ Toronto - JO sits out due to suspension from LA game; Jalen and a newly-healthy Vince combine for 75 pts, 15 assts, and 0 rebs - L
    Miami - Team accidently thinks this is an away game; flies to Miami for R&R, forfeits - L (especially upsetting because this is my next "in person" game and I'm taking Jay's_Daughter@Section222 for her fourth birthday.)

I don't see how we could possibly do better than 2-6 in this stretch of games.
    I'm gonna have to warm up my bannin' finger.