Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Rant on forum netiquette and posting

Default Re: Rant on forum netiquette and posting

I know this is a late reply but i ve only seen this thread today so...

I think i mostly agree with kaufmann (=the big negotiator in this discussion) and stryder (and probably others) on this one.

What is the big problem here? Let me try to discuss a few points :

off topic talk : i can understand people can get annoyed when they try to start a serious discussion on the pacers board for example and then it all of sudden becomes a joke and so...; but instead of reading the thread further and getting annoyed you can also just not read the thread anymore from the time you see it s getting off topic; getting off topic really is a normal human being reaction : people want to have fun, laugh and when they remark something funny in a serious subject they wanna share it with other people; that s completely normal and PD would be a rather boring place if no one here would have a sense of humor (which is luckily not the case); my point is, if you see that the thread is going off topic, then JUST DON T READ IT and let other people have their fun

smilies : who doesn t think smilies are fun; eliminating them would make PD not PD anymore : they have become an essential part of this community ( )

the shout box : the shout box is the shout box; i can t believe there are people complaining about someone getting off topic in the shout box, read it s definition for jebus' sake!

post count : it is totally true that the number of posts gives a sort of hierarchy to PD; there s always a risk people are going to judge you regarding whether you re a newby or a long life PD member; hopefully that doesn t happen too much, maybe a good thing that the post count is off the table now

to sum up, the world has never become a worse place if people were a bit more tolerant to each other; and so PD won t either (become a worse place if people were a bit more tolerant to each other)

Word on the street is he doesn't want your money, he only wants to please your ears...
    Bum in Berlin on Myspace

You know what would improve posting, bringing the Game chat back and stopping those stupid game threads, man game threads used to be fun back in the day. Now its just a bunch of people post padding.

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You know what would improve posting, bringing the Game chat back and stopping those stupid game threads, man game threads used to be fun back in the day. Now its just a bunch of people post padding.
    That chat room is open...has been for a while now.

Padding their post count that doesn't get recognized? Hmm.

The chat is open AFAIK.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Technically, it still gets recognized, but only if you take the time to look at the person's profile.

LOlz!11111111

Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

+1
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

LOL!!!!!!!!11111111111
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions