Thread: Very impressed with Conseco Fieldhouse and Pacer fans

Tristen

Default Very impressed with Conseco Fieldhouse and Pacer fans

I just got back from the Spurs/Pacers game. I must say (out of the 4 NBA arenas I've been to) this is by far the best from security to parking (pricing/location) to easiness of getting to the stadium (especially during rush hour). I arrived in town around 5:00-5:15 and was able to get to the arena in a matter of less than 15 minutes.

The security check before entering conseco to get past the ticket guys is very impressive. I haven't been 'checked' that much to get into a place since the airport. Most recently, I've been to Denver for a playoff game last year and Chicago for a regular season game. Neither of those arenas had anything like the setup Conseco has going. I was truly impressed.

I also liked the garage parking attached to the arena for only $8! In Chicago I paid about $20 to park across the street.

Being a Spurs fan, I was decked out in Spurs gear, naturally. I did that in Denver and had threat after threat. Pacers fans seemed to be in a far, far greater class than those nugget fans. Maybe it was just for preseason, I don't know, but the people around me seemed fairly nice.

I came away with nothing but respect and high praises for the Pacer organization (I even saw Pop and Carlisle joking around during the game with each other), fans, and arena. I will be rooting hard for the Pacers to make the finals, which I think is very possible. Bender and Granger are going to be studs off the bench.

Default Re: Very impressed with Conseco Fieldhouse and Pacer fans

Nah its not just because of Preseason.

Sat next to a Spurs fan last year at Conseco during spurs game. Nobody said anything to him. Me and him complimented whenever somebody did something good. Civil conversation.

I think you might get some good-natured jibes, but nothing I would term a "threat". It also has something to do with your selection of team. I think most Pacers fans hold the Spurs in high regard. If you were to wear a Pistons, Knicks, or possibly Heat jersey into the arena, however, I think you would find your reception to be a little more hostile, but I still don't think you'd have to fear for your safety.

Indianapolis is just a laid back city.

we are laid-back...

The only time I've ever received a threat was when I went to a Pacer-piston game in detroit and I of course had Pacers written and worn and I was basically I walking Home Court Gift Shop. lol but These kids tried to jump me. but that was the game w/ the bomb threat but we ended up winning!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This is Indiana basketball, we have pretty high standards.

Very nice post. Thank you.

Agreed about holding the Spurs in high regard. No other team compares (except for us!) when it comes to quality of an organization from top to bottom.

I also agree that it may have been a little worse had it been one of the aforementioned teams, especially Detroit. I have seen Detroit fans in Conseco talking more trash than Pacers fans...(That is a scary proposition!). I have also seen some very nice Pistons fans there, so not trying to pick on anyone...

I'm glad you had a good time and were impressed. I'm also glad Indy, Conseco, and the Pacers measured up. There was never any doubt in my mind, but it is nice to hear these things!

Thanks for taking the time to post!

RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

Yes thanks for the Post glad you enjoyed yourself at Conseco.
    Not surprised, but pleased you were treated with hoosier hospitality...

Why Not Us ?

thought_criminal

I always try to be cordial.

Fans IMO that are generally well recieved in Conseco: Spurs, Cavs, BuX, Jazz, Clippers

Fans IMO that are given a colder reception: Pis-Pis, KniX, Nets, Lakers

Obviously this guy sat in the lower bowl. If he'd been up top Rat probably would be wearing his liver as a hat.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by Tristen
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just got back from the Spurs/Pacers game. I must say (out of the 4 NBA arenas I've been to) this is by far the best from security to parking (pricing/location) to easiness of getting to the stadium (especially during rush hour). I arrived in town around 5:00-5:15 and was able to get to the arena in a matter of less than 15 minutes.

The security check before entering conseco to get past the ticket guys is very impressive. I haven't been 'checked' that much to get into a place since the airport. Most recently, I've been to Denver for a playoff game last year and Chicago for a regular season game. Neither of those arenas had anything like the setup Conseco has going. I was truly impressed.

I also liked the garage parking attached to the arena for only $8! In Chicago I paid about $20 to park across the street.

Being a Spurs fan, I was decked out in Spurs gear, naturally. I did that in Denver and had threat after threat. Pacers fans seemed to be in a far, far greater class than those nugget fans. Maybe it was just for preseason, I don't know, but the people around me seemed fairly nice.

I came away with nothing but respect and high praises for the Pacer organization (I even saw Pop and Carlisle joking around during the game with each other), fans, and arena. I will be rooting hard for the Pacers to make the finals, which I think is very possible. Bender and Granger are going to be studs off the bench.
    Glad to hear you had fun man. Told you we were cool here.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nah its not just because of Preseason.

Sat next to a Spurs fan last year at Conseco during spurs game. Nobody said anything to him. Me and him complimented whenever somebody did something good. Civil conversation.
    That wasn't my buddy was it? I wonder. He wore a Duncan jersey. He's a diehard Spurs fan, so we go to the Pacers/Spurs game together every year, with the exception of 2004, which we missed. He's a big guy. Ring a bell?