Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 56

Thread: Where do you Stand?

  1. #26
    - .-- ... ... Natston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Timbuktupolis, IN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    8,317
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Where do you Stand?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I always thought there are supposed to be some pictures of the flag rippling and that is what the moon conspiracy folks are going by.... I sure hope it isn't just the fact the flag is straight out as it is like you said (the flag has a wire/pole at the top to keep it straight).

    The link I posted debunks a lot of the conspiracy theories. Some of the theories were pretty weak to begin with. It doesn't debunk them all tho.

    -Bball
    I heard it was just the movement of the wires. Kinda like flicking a springed door stopper in zero gravity...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)


    Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

  2. #27
    junie65
    Guest

    Default Re: Where do you Stand?

    Hoax. I watched a special on tv where they discussed this. They gave very strong arguments that made me think it was all a Nasa hoax.

  3. #28
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,092

    Default Re: Where do you Stand?

    For all of you believers in the idea of it being a hoax can you explain how the hoax was so thorough as to fool the Soviets? Or if they weren't fooled why they went along with it?

    I would assume it is impossible that they couldn't have seen the command module circling the moon via telescope or that at some point they couldn't have seen either our landing or landing site via telescope. And since a big portion of the moon program was a space race, it would be a feather in their cap to debunk our landing.

    And I would assume their shouts of "fraud" (if they were made) would be impossible to keep from our shores... eventually.

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  4. #29
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,092

    Default Re: Where do you Stand?

    I was really hoping that someone would take a shot at my question from above. Is there a logical reason the Soviets would've went along with a hoax or that the Americans could've managed things so that the Soviets could be fooled or at the least couldn't discredit the effort?

    Did the US claim to be landing in spots that would be blind to Soviet telescopes (Is that even possible?)?

    Were the ships, men, and debris too small to be visible from an Earthbound telescope in 69-72? I would assume not, but I have no idea.

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  5. #30
    Old school Dab or new Dab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Gosport
    Age
    42
    Posts
    879
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Where do you Stand?

    Hoax. Kaufman and Jerry Lawler were in cahoots.

  6. #31
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,987

    Default Re: Where do you Stand?

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Real. And there are no silent black helicopters in the night hovering above cities either.



    REAL btw.

    Regards,

    Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  7. #32
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,987

    Default Re: Where do you Stand?

    Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So...........the various levels of government can do all that, but can't feed people who were in a hurricane?

    Or was faking incompetence part of the master plan? My God, it's brilliant. Lull everyone into a false sense that the government has no idea what it's doing, then swoop in and kill them all.
    1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10.... we have a knock out ladies and gentlemen!!! Bravo!

    Regards,

    Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  8. #33
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,960

    Default Re: Where do you Stand?

    I can't believe we're discussing this. How many times do I have to say this,

    THERE IS NO MOON!!!!



    Idiots.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  9. #34
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Where do you Stand?

    I stand on solid ground
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  10. #35
    Call me Kauffie Kaufman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New Haven, Connecticut
    Posts
    3,453

    Default Re: Where do you Stand?

    Andy Kaufman always thought it was a staged hoax...
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

  11. #36
    IMPD Officer MarionDeputy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    337

    Default Re: Where do you Stand?

    My grandmother has been on record for 20 years that we never went to the moon that it was all a big show. She also does not believe that dinosaurs ever existed.
    "I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post."

    --Jack Nicholson as Colonel Nathan Jessup in A Few Good Men

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to MarionDeputy For This Useful Post:


  13. #37
    Parachromis HC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hartford City
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,804
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Where do you Stand?

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Slade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.greatdreams.com/concentration.htm

    somebody has too much time on his hands
    Maybe....but then again why has so much money been put into the place to make wierd renovations? Sorry for digging this up, but my boss literally just started telling me about it today. The stuff that has been put in there asks a awful lot of question in my mind. Of course the realist in me cant seem to grasp or believe it all...but if not then what is really going on there?
    "No one else can see the preservation of the martyr in me" -- Corey Taylor

  14. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Where do you Stand?

    Quote Originally Posted by 8.9_seconds View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man on the Moon: Hoax or Real Deal?

    I was discussing it with a friend the other day, and he made some interesting points.

    The thing that always irked me was the flag waving, not possible, no atmosphere.

    I know that there are tons of websites that have counter remarks to both sides, but I'd like to know where you guys stand, it's a fascinating topic.
    Well, this takes over as the silliest thread of the year. About that flag waving, do a little research, there is an explanation....... ...

  15. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Where do you Stand?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10.... we have a knock out ladies and gentlemen!!! Bravo!

    Regards,

    Mourning



    Hey!!! ...

  16. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Where do you Stand?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Um, you do realize that that flag was made with wires to hold it out because there is no atmosphere, don't you?

    The flag was standing out straight when it was brought down the steps so I hope you are not basing your entire disbeleif on this one thing.
    Peck, you should have made him research this himself..... ...

  17. #41
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,272
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Where do you Stand?

    Real. My favorite comedic scientists (The Mythbusters) proved it.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  18. #42
    - .-- ... ... Natston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Timbuktupolis, IN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    8,317
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Where do you Stand?

    Talk about bumping an old thread lol...

    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)


    Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

  19. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,317

    Default Re: Where do you Stand?

    You won't have to worry about the fake moon landing in eight days you know. I've have given everything away except my computer and will continue to visit PD until the earth is destroyed. I won't even buy a lottery ticket now because what good will it do.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  20. #44
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,312

    Default Re: Where do you Stand?

    Oh boy.

    Realz cause the US had skillz.

    Had. Don't really have skills anymore. It's all downhill from here.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  21. #45
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,928

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Where do you Stand?

    RIP NASA. *Pours out a 40 for my homies*

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  22. #46
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,857

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Where do you Stand?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh boy.

    Realz cause the US had skillz.

    Had. Don't really have skills anymore. It's all downhill from here.
    Hey we just put that rover on Mars!

    I actually have a third cousin who went to the moon. no lie. James Irwin.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Irwin

    never met him though, he passed when i was only 1.

  23. #47
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,240
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Where do you Stand?


  24. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:


  25. #48
    Member jeffg-body's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    3,443
    Mood

    Default Re: Where do you Stand?

    Very interesting topic. I am on the that it actually happened side, but I was not around when it happened. You never know with our government and what secrets that may have or deny having.

  26. #49
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,240
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Where do you Stand?

    Has anyone ever seen the Big Bang Theory episode where they pointed a laser at the moon and got a reflection off of the reflectors left by the Apollo astronauts? Well, it's true. This actually can be done and is still being routinely done today by professional and amateur scientists. Now, the Russians also left reflectors on the moon that can be used in the same way. However, their reflectors were not adjusted by hand like the US reflectors because they were obviously not left there by manned missions. You can do the laser range experiment with the US reflector coordinates, and then do the same experiment with the Russian coordinates. The US mirrors give better results because they were placed at the correct angles and spaced by hand while the Russian results were dropped from unmanned equipment and some of them made it to the proper place and some did not. So it's possible to get these reflectors to the moon without actually visiting the moon. It is NOT possible to get the difference in the US results and Russian results without actual hand placement of the reflectors by astronauts who were ON THE MOON TO PLACE THEM. You may ask how I know this. Well, as some of you may remember, my wife holds a degree in Physics and actually performed this experiment many times throughout her schooling. Believe me, don't believe me, whatever. But for me personally, I've heard enough about it to believe it 100%.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

    RWB

  28. #50
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,928

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Where do you Stand?

    Look the government couldn't even cover up Bill Clinton getting BJs from a chunky intern in the oval office, I don't understand how people expect them to cover something like this or bigger.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •