Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Artest wants to box Ben on PPV for $10 Mil

Default Artest wants to box Ben on PPV for $10 Mil

Someone please lock this dude up.... What exactly goes through his head when he comes up with this crap?

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar..._to_penthouse/

Artest Talks To Penthouse
    16th October, 2005 - 7:29 am
    Indianapolis Star - At first, Ron Artest didn't want to appear in Penthouse magazine.

"I was going to shy away from it, with all the bad press I'm getting," the Indiana Pacers forward said. "But they gave me the opportunity to talk about my family and charities . . . things people don't know about me."

Artest will be featured in the December issue, which hits newsstands Oct. 25. He is shown on the cover with three bikini-clad women.

The interview reveals his gentler side. Of Pacers president Larry Bird, he says, "God put us together for a reason. He says he'd give up his salary for a year if 20 other millionaires would do the same to help poor people. And he agrees with Bill Cosby that poor African-Americans aren't doing enough to help themselves."

Artest also suggests that he and Ben Wallace box on pay-per-view for $10 million. [READ]

Default Re: Artest wants to box Ben on PPV for $10 Mil

HAHA that'd be great.

And FP - it's just a joke man. Relax.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

sweabs

Um...relax. Most people find that sort of thing funny. I think they're called jokes?

These are not the kind of quotes that concern me...far from it.

wow!!!

That's not new. I heard it last year about him boxing Ben.

Well since the subject DID come up... who do you all think would win that boxing match? I have to be honest, I'd be a little worried about Ronnie in a head to head...
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

Ron would wipe the floor with him. Ron's dad used to box and taught Ron.

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ron wonuld wipe the floor with him. Ron's dad used to box and so has Ron.
    I tend to agree. Ron has the boxing background, whereas I don't know if I can say the same for Ben. The difference in experience alone, would set them apart for me.

I would also argue that Artest is quicker; has faster hands, and is lighter on his feet, etc.

Oh yeah, and Ron is crazy; put him in the boxing ring and let his temper fly.

What about Ronnie vs. Tyson then?
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

Quote Originally Posted by indiana31
    What about Ronnie vs. Tyson then?
    Tyson would win easy. It's his sport, he's a pro, Ron's an amateur compared to Tyson.

The rabid dog versus Tyson, being old and all? I would tend to agree with you, but that would be a PPV I would tune in to.

Ron would beat the **** out of Ben Wallace, Wallace wouldnt do it.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ron would beat the living hell out of Little Ben.

Sports Logo

2 things to get out of this article....

1 ) Male Pacer fans can say that they really are picking up the Penthouse issue for the article.

2 ) That the media is going to jump on the quote and misuse it as another reason to believe that Artest is crazy. Non-Artest fans will look at it as another reason to believe that Artest's stripes haven't changed....and Artest-fans will take it for what it is....a joke. I expect that there is going to be a followup article from the IndyStar with Artest saying that the comment was nothing more then a joke.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by FreshPrince22
    Someone please lock this dude up.... What exactly goes through his head when he comes up with this crap?

If you can't figure out that he was just joking....I am going to guess you have no sense of humor.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

If anyone actually thinks he's just joking they clearly don't know Artest well. His head doesn't work like a normal person's.

As far as the people saying "Wallace wouldn't do it", I agree he wouldn't do it, but not because he's scared. I'd say he challenged him to a fight when he shoved him accross the floor on 11/19. Artest was the one that was scared to fight.

If anyone actually thinks he's just joking they clearly don't know Artest well. His head doesn't work like a normal person's.

As far as the people saying "Wallace wouldn't do it", I agree he wouldn't do it, but not because he's scared. I'd say he challenged him to a fight when he shoved him accross the floor on 11/19. Artest was the one that was scared to fight.
    Yes and you clearly do know artest that well right ?
    To Dismiss the other people on this boards knowledge of Artest is comical and makes you look a little yourself....

Why Not Us ?

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

at FreshPrince22 and this thread.

Let's just cool it guys.

As far as I am concerned it doesn't matter now.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Let's go with the idea that he wasn't kidding. He is suggesting a for charity celebrity boxing match. What a crazy guy!!! What demented mind comes up with a nutty idea like that?!?
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    I realize you are new, but we have had plenty of posts regarding this before.

We had a whole year where it was Pistons fans vs Pacers fans. Artest was trying to show he had calmed down. Artest restrained himself against Ben Wallace. Artest is a ***** who wouldnt fight Ben Wallace.

Its all been done, and as far as I am concerned its all dead.

If you want to see the old topics, go ahead and search for them. but I think its in the best interest of the board that we just let the topic on "that die" die.

As for Artest, Im not sure you know him any better then any of us do, but thats a mott point.
    Thank you.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Pisston fans

But seriously, why would you post something like that on a PACERS site? Did you honestly expect that anyone besides Kstat would side with you on this? No offense to fans of other teams but why would you come on a site like this and talk ***** about our team? I guess I don't get it because I have the respect to not go to another team's site and try and talk crap, I do it on here. I am not trying to jump on anyone inpeticular (even though it may seem I am lashing out at Fresh) it's just that people doing this crap is one of my biggest pet peeves. If you wanna talk go ahead, hell that is what sports are all about. At least have the common decency/sense to do it on one of your teams sites.

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    I realize you are new, but we have had plenty of posts regarding this before.

We had a whole year where it was Pistons fans vs Pacers fans. Artest was trying to show he had calmed down. Artest restrained himself against Ben Wallace. Artest is a ***** who wouldnt fight Ben Wallace.

Its all been done, and as far as I am concerned its all dead.

If you want to see the old topics, go ahead and search for them. but I think its in the best interest of the board that we just let the topic on "that die" die.

As for Artest, Im not sure you know him any better then any of us do, but thats a mott point.
    What he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacers#1Fan
    Pisston fans

But seriously, why would you post something like that on a PACERS site? Did you honestly expect that anyone besides Kstat would side with you on this? No offense to fans of other teams but why would you come on a site like this and talk ***** about our team? I guess I don't get it because I have the respect to not go to another team's site and try and talk crap, I do it on here. I am not trying to jump on anyone inpeticular (even though it may seem I am lashing out at Fresh) it's just that people doing this crap is one of my biggest pet peeves. If you wanna talk go ahead, hell that is what sports are all about. At least have the common decency/sense to do it on one of your teams sites.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Honestly, I don't mind fans of other teams comming in to stir the pot every now and then...But when little trolls like FP decide to come in here and : and continue to they are just here to get a rise, nothing more....This horse is So quit beating it!!!

At least be creative enough to come up with something "Fresh" if you are going to come here and give us a rise, instead of the same old *****. I'm sure our resident Piston fans on this board probably think you are a tool for bringing this old @ss stuff back up.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74