Continued from page 1
    Print this story
    E-mail this story
    Related content

Vikings
    Vikings cruise was allegedly a sex party

Jim Souhan: Now you know the truth -- Vikings bad off field, too
    Page: 1 2

Doyle declined to identify any of the players who boarded the boats.

Almost immediately after boarding, crew members noticed partially disrobed women walking around, he said. One employee opened a galley and three nude women popped out, he said.

Then the crew -- about five people on each boat -- saw women giving lap dances for money.

"Players were approaching the wait staff telling them they would be tipped if they danced," Doyle said.

The players started to become more aggressive, wanting to pour their own drinks and screaming at the bartenders, he said. Naked woman walked around without hesitation. They performed oral sex in the open, he said. Sex toys were strewn about, he said.

At some point, the yacht captains called each other to see whether similar activity was happening on both vessels. It was, Doyle said, recalling what he called eye-popping conversations he had with crew members.

"They [the captains] had to step around people who were having sex on the floor," he said. "They were thinking it couldn't be safe out in the middle of the lake. It was a petrifying scene."

A woman working as a hostess on one of the boats called Mound police about 7:30 that night to report possible prostitution, drugs and sex acts, according to police.

The boats had been cruising only for 40 minutes when the supervisors on shore were told of the party and ordered the captains to return.

When they got to shore, some women asked if they had stopped to switch boats, Doyle said. The guests departed in their limos without incident.

Public urination

Prior to boarding, at least one group in a limo urinated on Cathy Hough's lawn in Mound, according to Hough and police. She said she confronted the men. "I said, 'Excuse me, do you mind?' And they looked at me as if I was crazy," Hough said Tuesday. "One of them said, "It's only water, ma'am,' and he continued peeing. I said no, it's not."

She followed the limo to Al & Alma's, where the men got on board, and she reported the incident to police.

It is no longer under investigation because Hough could give only vague descriptions, said Mound Police Chief Jim Kurtz.

Doyle said Al & Alma's is a longtime family business that would never have allowed such behavior to take place on their boats. Doyle, contacted by Al & Alma's on Monday, said he was concerned that detectives hinted to him that the captains didn't have control and didn't act quickly enough.

The Sheriff's Office said it is investigating a report of alleged criminal conduct on the yachts. Sgt. Haans Vitek wouldn't say whether Vikings were involved. "It was a stag-party atmosphere on the boat with allegations of strippers and sexual conduct," he said. "We're still trying to sort things out at this time."

Said Doyle: "The staffers were really shook up. It sounded as if they were fending off people. It was just a scene."

dchanen@startribune.com 612-673-4465 pmac@startribune.com 612-673-1745 kseifert@startribune.com 612-673-4793

Page: 1 2

Get the Star Tribune delivered to your home each day!
    Click here to subscribe.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Horologist Extraordinaire t1hs0n's Avatar

Default Re: Those crazy Vikings.

What is the fun of being in the NFL if you can't have a good ol' orgy?

Anyone think Mike Tice was probably in on it too? This will lead to his firing.
    Sorry, I didn't know advertising was illegal here. Someone call the cops!

Wow The real love boat I guess

Why Not Us ?

Isn't this what Vikings are supposed to do, rape and pillage?

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I really don't see why it is a big deal, as long as it was consensual, and the boat owners do not have a problem with it.

No harm, no foul.

sweabs

Forget about dress codes, and setting a better image for the NBA...

What about the NFL?!?

Get well soon PG! Believe_in_blue's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

What about the NFL?!?
    I think all pro atheletes are the same. Different sports have different reputations, but IMO porfessional althletes are the same, it doesn't matter what sport they play.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarey

What about the NFL?!?
    They're doing it in their own free time.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Sounds like the movie North Dallas Forty has come to life.

Man o man, the NFL secret police are having a field day with this.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    They're doing it in their own free time.
    Well, considering how bad they're playing this season maybe they should have been preparing for their next game. Almost makes me feel sorry for the bozo who just bought the team.

Makes me wonder what the decision making process was on this one. In an age of constant attention on athletes, it surprises me that they would even think of doing something like this at all.

I'm sure Smoot was thinking, "We'll never get caught, and if we do, it's the midwest, everyone has loose morals around here."

"Like [Jonathan Bender], AMC's Pacer was supposed to be fitted with a rotary engine--but both rotaries had technical problems late in their development (read: after incurring heavy research costs) that prevented them from seeing the light of day. Of course, both vehicles had plenty of problems that did reach production. The Pacer was a dud in terms of quality, execution and particularly styling. Make your own assessment about its bizarre proportions, but don't miss the one door that's bigger than the other."

Mood

I liked a line I saw on CNNSI's 10 spot.

Maybe the Vikes just thought someone besides their fans should be getting screwed.

Junior Member The Toxic Avenger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder
    I really don't see why it is a big deal, as long as it was consensual, and the boat owners do not have a problem with it.

No harm, no foul.
    Sadly I agree

Nerd.
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by The Toxic Avenger
    Sadly I agree
    Why "sadly"?

Junior Member The Toxic Avenger's Avatar

Well, while discussing the days events with anyone I know I wouldn't be quick to point out how the vikings are stand-up guys, and that their rights were wrongly infringed upon... But like the article said the captains knew it wasn't safe and the supervisors (Owner's Henchmen) of the boats put a stop to it so post #6 doesn't really stand.

This is just an example of something that WAS WRONG but not wrong enough for me to care. There are a lot of other things they could've been doing and a lot other things that were happening that police could've been stopping...

Lets just say that I'm proud to support the Colts!!!

What's the point in being a professional athlete if you can't pee on someone's lawn?

<--- We're allowed to do that?
    Don't thank me, I'll kill ya.