Thread: Selfish Peyton Manning...

Default Selfish Peyton Manning...

No I haven't reached the hater stage.

Seriously though, yesterday's game was one of the few times where Peyton was absolutley being selfish looking for a record. One of those times he was so sure the Colts had a mortal lock to win that he (or was it Moore?) did not think of the team first. It's only one game and hopefully a reminder that the Colts and Peyton need to layoff reading the newspaper clippings for awhile.

And on the same token..... Bob Sanders you're one of the biggest hitters in football. So what, when a guy bounces off without you trying to make a tackle you didn't do your job.

Just on a little rant here guys. Methodical will win us a championship, inflated egos and we're watching at home again.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Default Re: Selfish Peyton Manning...

Well I hope this game opened their eyes a bit. We play like this next week, and we'll lose.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

If he was bent on getting the record, wouldn't he have gone for it on that final drive we had?
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If he was bent on getting the record, wouldn't he have gone for it on that final drive we had?
    Yeah.

They weren't being selfish, either.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

I don't think they were being selfish.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah I think if he was being selfish he'd have thrown the ball that Walters took in for a TD in Marvin's direction.

Funny, I only remember him throwing to Marvin a couple times, and neither was in the red zone.

Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Exclamation Re: Selfish Peyton Manning...

Its great that we can complain about the smallest details now that we are playing so well. People have to look hard for things to complain about concerning the colts now.
    we will be known forever by the tracks we leave

Mood

Thumbs down Re: Selfish Peyton Manning...

Quote Originally Posted by RWB
    No I haven't reached the hater stage.

Seriously though, yesterday's game was one of the few times where Peyton was absolutley being selfish looking for a record. One of those times he was so sure the Colts had a mortal lock to win that he (or was it Moore?) did not think of the team first. It's only one game and hopefully a reminder that the Colts and Peyton need to layoff reading the newspaper clippings for awhile.

And on the same token..... Bob Sanders you're one of the biggest hitters in football. So what, when a guy bounces off without you trying to make a tackle you didn't do your job.

Just on a little rant here guys. Methodical will win us a championship, inflated egos and we're watching at home again.
    tsssss

This is 100% ridiculous. Give the man a break, w/o him this thread would say "Why the Colts LOST AGAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by PacerFan31
    This is 100% ridiculous. Give the man a break, w/o him this thread would say "Why the Colts LOST AGAIN!"
    Why give the man a break? Do I consider Peyton the best quarterback in football? Yes, but that doesn't mean I have to worship every move he makes. Make no mistake guys, I thought the first and second drives (except the fumble of course) were things of beauty. That first drive with Carthon running in I believe everyone was expecting a pass to Marvin yet Peyton was playing team ball at that point. Just my opinion but after the 2nd drive is when they felt they could score at anytime and stopped playing smart.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Quote Originally Posted by RWB
    Why give the man a break? Do I consider Peyton the best quarterback in football? Yes, but that doesn't mean I have to worship every move he makes. Make no mistake guys, I thought the first and second drives (except the fumble of course) were things of beauty. That first drive with Carthon running in I believe everyone was expecting a pass to Marvin yet Peyton was playing team ball at that point. Just my opinion but after the 2nd drive is when they felt they could score at anytime and stopped playing smart.
    Why give him a break? Without him you would have a lot more to complain about then the 2 time MVP being selfish.

Quote Originally Posted by PacerFan31
    Why give him a break? Without him you would have a lot more to complain about then the 2 time MVP being selfish.
    Your right, Peyton is God and there should NEVER be any discussion on how he may have failed or had a bad game. Funny, Peyton never has any problem chewing out one of his colleagues so I guess they are the only ones that mess up.

Of course we have a right to complain. He played poorly, and it happens. So long as he comes back next week and plays well, no worries.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    Of course we have a right to complain. He played poorly, and it happens. So long as he comes back next week and plays well, no worries.
    Thank you Suave for getting it. Geesh you would think I was suggesting Peyton should be traded or something. It was just my opinion (which could absolutely be wrong) that Peyton was not playing team ball after the 2nd drive of that game. Toward the end he got back in to it, but those two interceptions were not pretty and why we stopped giving Edge the ball is a mystery to me.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Polian touched on this (sort of) in the Polian's Corner. He said the fumble kind of threw us off, and we stopped playing the way we should. He attributed it to patience. He wants Peyton to run a more methodical offense, like you said RWB, and after the fumble, we got out of that and tried to push it a little too much.

I didn't see the game, only listened on the radio, but tagging Peyton as selfish is hard for me to do. Maybe trying to hard. But, selfish seems to be the wrong word for me.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Oh What Could Have Been! fwpacerfan's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

When I saw Peyton forcing it to Harrison my thoughts were that Peyton was definitely trying to get the record. I can't say that I blame him. I'm sure he wanted to get it over with but it was obvious he was trying to force the issue. He did it early in the game and the interception later in the game.

I don't worry about it though and I certainly don't take anything away from Peyton because of it.
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    - Benjamin Franklin

It's impossible to tell if Peyton was being selfish or trying too hard so it's not worth argueing about. What I know is that he can't force passes next week and get picked off.