Thread: Xbox Connection through Lap Top?

Default Xbox Connection through Lap Top?

Would there be anyway to get an internet connection for my X-Box through a Lap top? I don't really know what I'm asking, but for those computer/Xbox geniuses is there such a way to connect?
    Life without water is tough, life without air is hard,life with one leg only is wobbly, Life without Reggie Miller, is impossible.

Do Not Trade Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Brunner
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Veteran Austin Croshere, the longest-tenured Pacers player on the roster, has proven reliable when called upon, invariably ready to step in regardless of the circumstance.

sweabs

Default Re: Xbox Connection through Lap Top?

Are you asking if you can connect through a wireless signal?

I guess or maybe through connetion of the computer without a wireless router.
    Life without water is tough, life without air is hard,life with one leg only is wobbly, Life without Reggie Miller, is impossible.

Do Not Trade Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Brunner
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Veteran Austin Croshere, the longest-tenured Pacers player on the roster, has proven reliable when called upon, invariably ready to step in regardless of the circumstance.

Zesty

If you had your laptop online with a wireless router, you might be able to plug the Xbox into your laptop's ethernet port and use Windows Internet Connection Sharing, but if you have a wireless router you would just be able to plug the Xbox directly into that.

It's an interesting question. My knowledge is lacking in both the laptop computers AND wireless router arena!

All I know is that my motherboard has TWO ethernet ports, and I wonder why they did that a little more every day.

In an effort to not make a useless post, how do you currently connect to the internet? Does the cable run directly from the modem into your laptop? If so, you're going to need some sort of router, wireless or otherwise.

I'm not entirely sure what your asking so i'll describe my setup, which might be what you are after :

Internet connection -> Adsl Modem/Router

-> PCs
    -> Xbox Wifi Adapter (MN-740) -> Xbox

The xbox wifi adapter is the official microsoft one, there are 3rd party versions available but I dont know how well they integrate security into the setup.

Of course if you dont want wifi then you could just directly cable the xbox upto the router.

If you dont have a router, then you could connect directly to the internet on your laptop and use internet connection sharing to hookup the xbox, but you would need to ethernet adapters on the laptop, which might not be possible.