Thread: A MEMO TO ALL NORTHERN VIRGINIA DRIVERS

Default Re: A MEMO TO ALL NORTHERN VIRGINIA DRIVERS

How about if you're in a turn lane and you're not turning USE YOUR MIRRORS before changing lanes!

Or don't pull out in front of me making me have to slam on my brakes to avoid hitting you and then all of the sudden go 20 mph under the speedlimit!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2007 Super Bowl XLI Champions!

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the speed limit is 55 and its been raining like hell the last two days, DONT GO 70!!!!!! USE SOME FREAKING COMON SENSE
    Now don't blame the people in VA. I'd bet the driver is from New Jersey. They think 70 mph is the speed you idle at. They make Detroit drivers look like grandmas on a Sunday drive.

Harmonica

It's funny how every city has their own driving idiosyncrasies. Savannah, Georgia drivers are slooooow. Boston drivers are the angriest. I forget which city I lived in where they simply won't let you inI think Charlotte, North Carolina, or Richmond, Virginia; I forget which. Yes, and if I remember correctly, it's every man for himself in D.C. It almost feels like Deathrace 2000 on the beltway.

Boston is a scary place to drive.

And FYI, in Lafayette, IN, nobody understands how to stagger a 4-way stop.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

sweabs

England is a scary place to drive.

Especially when you rent a car, and it's standard, and you're now driving on the other side of the car, on the opposite side of the road, approaching a round-about.

Ah, brings back memories.

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    And FYI, in Lafayette, IN, nobody understands how to stagger a 4-way stop.
    This is so very, very true.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Lived in a lot of places and the scariest driving habit is in Chicago.

There, people don't stop for stop signs. I mean it.

They're still going 40 until they are 100 feet or so from the sign, then they slam on the brakes to quickly slow down to about ten - and without pause, as soon as the front bumper of the car crosses the plane of the stop sign - they hit the gas hard. This happens even when there are other cars approaching the intersection and are about to do the same thing. There were at least 3 crashes a week at the same 4-way a block from our house. I'm not exaggerating.

Eventually we didn't even notice the *pop* or *smash* sound of two SUVs ramming into each other at the four way. It was like living by the railroad tracks. After a while you don't even blink at the noise.

People in Charlotte don't understand how to merge. They will come to a complete stop before they merge, or cause the traffic they aremergin to come to complete stop in order for them to get into traffic. I saw a guy drive on the shoulder of the road for nearly half a mile the other day because he couldn't understand how to merge into traffic....

Oh, and here in NC, the drivers from South Carolina always seem like the idiot drivers who swerve in and out of traffic and drive like nuts, but I guess you have those in every state, the SC ones just seem more prevelant here in Charlotte.

Harmonica

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles
    Lived in a lot of places and the scariest driving habit is in Chicago.

There, people don't stop for stop signs. I mean it.

They're still going 40 until they are 100 feet or so from the sign, then they slam on the brakes to quickly slow down to about ten - and without pause, as soon as the front bumper of the car crosses the plane of the stop sign - they hit the gas hard. This happens even when there are other cars approaching the intersection and are about to do the same thing. There were at least 3 crashes a week at the same 4-way a block from our house. I'm not exaggerating.

Eventually we didn't even notice the *pop* or *smash* sound of two SUVs ramming into each other at the four way. It was like living by the railroad tracks. After a while you don't even blink at the noise.
    Course, here in LA, we're always dodging bullets.

Hell, I wont even talk about the people from MD. They make NJ driver look like old grandmas......
    I totally agree, I lived in Baltimore when I was a kid, and we were on the highway, there were these 2 old ladies driving the speed limit on the highway. Behind them in a truck were two guys who were riding the hell out of their back bumper. I was amazed to see it when the guys in the truck actually rammed the the 2 old ladies off the road. MD drivers are by far the most aggressive, no patience, drivers I have ever encountered.
    "I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post."

--Jack Nicholson as Colonel Nathan Jessup in A Few Good Men

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Funny story:

I went to make a right turn on red today, and I had a gut feeling to just slow down. Sure enough, this pizza del. guy just blew through his red light.

I threw my hands up and almost laid on the horn, but as I started to make my turn and put my hands down to the horn, I heard a lout *** siren that scared the dickens out of me.

I looked across the street, and the 2nd car back was a state trooper. I was scared ****less so I pulled over, but he just went past me and got the guy.

I'm sorry, I wanted to get back to Indiana as early as possible.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...