Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: blah

  1. #1
    Member dynamis22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    68

    Default Re: Question for Mr. Boyle and PD members?

    I really thought Mark Boyle would have more to do than post 6 times on PD.

  2. #2
    Fear my small avatar Gyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,366

    Default Re: blah

    ?

    What are you talking about?

    Mr. Boyle has become a very good part of the community bringing PD members views from inside the pacers we would never have otherwise....

    I for one am very thankful he has chosen to visit us on a regular basis and provide his insight on several issues revolving around the pacers, its organization and its fans.

  3. #3
    Member McClintic Sphere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Purgatory
    Posts
    2,776

    Default Re: blah

    Someone with the intelligence and insight of Mark Boyle graces us with his presence and you want to diss him? Zero for the day, Dynamis22.

  4. #4
    Member dynamis22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    68

    Default Re: blah

    Clearly I am not "dissing" Mark Boyle. "The Real" Mark Boyle is one of the best radio broadcasters in the business and the Pacers are fortunate to have him.

    Next time read between the lines.

    Think about it. Why would mark boyle have a Wilt Chamberlain avatar?

  5. #5
    Member RWB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,352

    Default Re: blah

    Dynamis22, you maybe very surprised who visit these forums. I can vouch, swear, or whatever you want to call it people who are connected with professional teams do visit these forums. I know for a fact Part time tv analyst and former player Billy Keller is aware of this forum. I do not know if he has ever posted here, but he has been invited to forum parties and shown a genuine interest in our thoughts.

    By the way, welcome to the best site on the net.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  6. #6
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,852

    Default Re: blah

    Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I had a dollar for every time I've had to do this........

    Yes, it's the real Mark Boyle. Yes, we know beyond any shadow of a doubt. No, we're not going to tell you how we know. And yes, if we weren't 100% sure, we wouldn't allow someone on here to be masquerading as Mr. Boyle.
    Like anyone would believe you.......

  7. #7

    Default Re: blah

    I'm probably one of the biggest "pessismists" there is in terms of wanting people to show some proof for the wild claims they make, but I have no doubt that that's the real Mark Boyle. People who are juvenile to pose as a celebrity or well-known individual also lack the...maturity to keep up the charade for any period of time. It's doubly hard in the case of trying to impersonate Mark Boyle because he's an educated, eloquent speaker, and the impostors' lack of education and maturity would shine through like sunshine on a stained glass window.

  8. #8
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,632

    Default Re: Question for Mr. Boyle and PD members?

    Quote Originally Posted by dynamis22
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really thought Mark Boyle would have more to do than post 6 times on PD.
    Slick? Is that you?
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  9. #9
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,669

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: blah

    Dude, this is "The Fo-Rizzle" Mark Boyle.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  10. #10
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,756

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: blah

    Considering two posters here have had a face to face conversation with Mark at the unveiling party for the new jersey's you can rest easy tonight about talking with a poser.

  11. #11
    #PacerNation 317Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    317
    Age
    24
    Posts
    13,440

    Default Re: blah

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Considering two posters here have had a face to face conversation with Mark at the unveiling party for the new jersey's you can rest easy tonight about talking with a poser.
    lol

  12. #12

    Default Re: Question for Mr. Boyle and PD members?

    Quote Originally Posted by dynamis22
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really thought Mark Boyle would have more to do than post 6 times on PD.
    to my ignore list

  13. #13
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,055

    Default Re: Question for Mr. Boyle and PD members?

    Quote Originally Posted by Believe_in_blue
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    to my ignore list
    How full is yours? Mine is practically overflowing.

  14. #14
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,669

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Question for Mr. Boyle and PD members?

    Quote Originally Posted by grace
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How full is yours? Mine is practically overflowing.
    I have no one on mine...



    Kind of scarey, huh?
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  15. #15
    ABA Jay
    Guest

    Default Re: Question for Mr. Boyle and PD members?

    Quote Originally Posted by Believe_in_blue
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    to my ignore list
    Hey Rickey!!! Get this lame-oh off your porch!

  16. #16
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,399
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: blah

    ABA Jay, I thought Unclebuck had the monopoly on John Candy related avatars.

  17. #17
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: blah

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ABA Jay, I thought Unclebuck had the monopoly on John Candy related avatars.
    He has the ABADays reference in the name, along with Jay's reference. And he has Candy in the avatar...3 in 1 deal.

  18. #18
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,852

    Default Re: Question for Mr. Boyle and PD members?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have no one on mine...



    Kind of rcarey, huh?
    I've never used mine..........

  19. #19
    Member burnzone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    39
    Posts
    697

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: blah

    I personally, really appreciate someone of the stature of Mark Boyle, taking the time out of his busy schedule to converse, and interact with us.

    And I also think that no one is going to feel obligated to provide proof of their actual ID, just to be able to post on a message board.

    If I were to guess, I would say if someone was just playing a game, pretending to be someone they're not, then most likely that person isn't of the highest intelligence, wheras Mr. Boyle is obviously a very articulate, and an eloquent speaker, and writer, as his job involves writing, speaking, and his voice.

    I have always believed that it is actually Mark Boyle posting as himself, and not someone else, I mean, if you've heard him talk on television, or the radio, you could see that he sounds just like he writes in his posts, and I seriously doubt someone with a high level of intelligence would masquerade as someone they're not on a message board.

    Also, as to why would he use an avatar of Wilt Chamberlain, and thinking that is some kind of proof it's not really him:

    I would imagine a lot of it is because Wilt Chamberlain is a legend, and icon of the NBA, maybe he was one of his favorite players.

    Most anyone who is a basketball fan, especially one involved with, or being around the game for a while, not to mention someone who announces games on the radio, and is frequently around another legend of the game in Slick Leonard, would be likely to have such an avatar.

    Also, his avatar appears to be a cover of a sports magazine possibly, so it's not as if Mr. Boyle is displaying allegiance to another player that was from another team, he's just most likely a sports fan like the rest of us are.

    Just because he isn't displaying an avatar that portrays him as the ultimate Pacers homer fan, doesn't mean it's not really him.

    Now, instead of questioning the authenticity of his identity, I just appreciate the fact that he is actually posting here when he has time, and I personally hope that Mr. Boyle keeps doing so, as I, and many others on here enjoy reading his thoughts.

  20. #20
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Question for Mr. Boyle and PD members?

    Quote Originally Posted by dynamis22
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really thought Mark Boyle would have more to do than post 6 times on PD.

    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  21. #21
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: Question for Mr. Boyle and PD members?

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've never used mine..........
    Oh...you little...

    You're a sneaky one aren't ya?

  22. #22
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,055

    Default Re: blah

    Quote Originally Posted by burnzone
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have always believed that it is actually Mark Boyle posting as himself, and not someone else, I mean, if you've heard him talk on television, or the radio, you could see that he sounds just like he writes in his posts, and I seriously doubt someone with a high level of intelligence would masquerade as someone they're not on a message board.
    And there's the fact that btown edited my post just now because he's an *******.

    Sorry, there doesn't need to be a general knowledge of this point. -btown

  23. #23
    Junior Member The Toxic Avenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,389

    Default Re: blah

    Wow Btown *IS* an ***!!!

  24. #24
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,055

    Default Re: blah

    Quote Originally Posted by grace
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And there's the fact that btown edited my post just now because he's an *******.

    Sorry, there doesn't need to be a general knowledge of this point. -btown
    Who knew I had such inside knowledge. I only read what's posted on the board.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •